Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    /we wouldn't have won the WS in 2009?
    How dare you use logic! This is PSD oopps I mean MLB THE SHOW! We don't follow logic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Yankees AAA farm system team is now called the "Railriders"

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb
    Was really hoping for the Trolley Frogs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    How dare you use logic! This is PSD oopps I mean MLB THE SHOW! We don't follow logic.
    In MLB the Show my best hitter is Jason Giambi and my best pitcher is David Phelps. One more example of how MLB the Show is an accurate depiction of reality.

vCash
    In MLB the Show my best hitter is Jason Giambi and my best pitcher is David Phelps. One more example of how MLB the Show is an accurate depiction of reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Are you telling me that if you had a chance to get Stanton straight up for Cano, you wouldnt pull the trigger? Not only is Stanton under team control until 2017 and making just 500K but also consider Cano will be making 15mil this year and is planning on a 6 to 8 yer 25 million dollar a year contract. Especially since Stanton is a stud. Hell, I would trade Cano for Trout. I know there is zero chance of that happening but really? I would in a heartbeat. Nobody is untouchable at the right price.

And all that Arod/Cano trade was before the Marlins did their dump. Now, the point is moot.

As for bonehead moves, I dont think nothing can top that resigning of Arod for that contract.
    Well Stanton can't play 2b, but sure I would trade him straight for Cano in Robbie's walk year and facing a 20mil a year 7-10 year deal to keep him in NY.. Who wouldn't??

But this isn't MLB the Show.. no reason to even discuss a deal for Mike Stanton or Mike Trout (seriously?).. it's simply just a waste of time.. Stanton was never on the block because he is cheap.

But your original point that it is worth dealing Cano for nothing just to unload Arod was terrible and a bad baseball move. Sure Arod's contract is bad, but the team will live. No reason to lose our best hitter/starting 2nd baseman just to do that and NO Nunez cannot replace Cano or Arod.

And seriously if you want to talk Yankee bonehead moves Arod doesn't even scrap the surface.. Pitching has produced WAY more disastrous failures Wright, Burnett, Igawa, Contreras, Carol Freaking Pavano.

I think people need to get off Arod's nuts he wasn't even the worst hitter of the post season for our team and he will bounce back just fine. is he worth the price, HELL NO, but this it's the Yankees this isn't the first time they have overpaid for a player.
    Last edited by Thump; 11-15-2012 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    /we wouldn't have won the WS in 2009?
    Who knows what would have had happened if the Mets signed ARod in 2001......The 2004-2012 seasons would have been different anyway...maybe no collapse in 2004 and all of the 1st round duds the Yanks put up with ARod and his terrible postseasons......it was just fun for a night to watch a game from 2000, a WS game to boot and to hear speculations from Kay during that game....I really miss thoses teams, fun to watch...wow, 12 years ago.....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Well Stanton can't play 2b, but sure I would trade him straight for Cano in Robbie's walk year and facing a 20mil a year 7-10 year deal to keep him in NY.. Who wouldn't??

So I proved my point that people would consider trading him in the right circumstances.

But this isn't MLB the Show.. no reason to even discuss a deal for Mike Stanton or Mike Trout (seriously?).. it's simply just a waste of time.. Stanton was never on the block because he is cheap.

I think I mentioned there was zero chance in that happening, right?

But your original point that it is worth dealing Cano for nothing just to unload Arod was terrible and a bad baseball move. Sure Arod's contract is bad, but the team will live. No reason to lose our best hitter/starting 2nd baseman just to do that and NO Nunez cannot replace Cano or Arod.

I agree we have to agree to disagree. I tend to look at moves more of not just want the impact on the field would be now, but also moving forward and what is best financially.

And seriously if you want to talk Yankee bonehead moves Arod doesn't even scrap the surface.. Pitching has produced WAY more disastrous failures Wright, Burnett, Igawa, Contreras, Carol Freaking Pavano.

This whole offseason wouldnt be worth talking about (the 189 financial cliff, the plug and play of vets, the no long term deals, etc can be tied back directly to the Arod contract. He opted out of the 10 yr 250 mil contract and we decided to give him a more ridiculous one when NO ONE ELSE WAS WILLING TO DO THE SAME. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! Still 5 more years of this non sense. Pavano was injured. Contreras wasnt that bad. Igawa was a risky and a BS move to offset the DiceK move, Burnett you knew what you were getting and dont know about Wright.

I think people need to get off Arod's nuts he wasn't even the worst hitter of the post season for our team and he will bounce back just fine. is he worth the price, HELL NO, but this it's the Yankees this isn't the first time they have overpaid for a player.
    When the Coach benched you in the middle of the playoff run when you have no injuries and making 30 million a year, how can you even defend him? To say he will bounce back just fine is your assumption and hope. And your comment of its the Yankees is the reason why they are in this situation in the first place. Easy for someone to say that when they are not paying the bill.

vCash
    Angels in the mix:

If Hiroki Kuroda wants to return to Los Angeles, the Dodgers might not be his only option.

According to Jon Heyman, the Angels have also entered into the market for Kuroda. There’s also still a chance that Kuroda will decide to pitch in Japan, and reports have also put the Red Sox in the mix.

For the Yankees, Kuroda seems to be the most important target on the market. His willingness to sign a one-year deal means he fits perfectly with their cost-cutting plans for 2014, and his production this season suggests he’s a reliable No. 2 starter to fill the hole at the top of the Yankees rotation.

If not Kuroda, who? Aside from Andy Pettitte, all of the impact starters on the market seem certain to sign long-term deals, which hurts the Yankees chances significantly.
    Yankees LoHud

vCash
    Miggy wins MVP. Huge step backwards for baseball considering these moron writers are still judging players based on three stats alone. Trout had the superior season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Miggy wins MVP. Huge step backwards for baseball considering these moron writers are still judging players based on three stats alone. Trout had the superior season.
    iknow
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Angels miss playoffs with or without trout.

Tigers come in last without miggy.

Done.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Angels miss playoffs with or without trout.

Tigers come in last without miggy.

Done.
    What does that have to do with an individual player award?

vCash
    Oh and the Angels had the best record in baseball once Trout was called up. Clearly his fault they missed the playoffs though!

vCash
    I'm glad Miggy won the MVP. I'm not liking this entire shift in judging players worth based on these stats analyses. They are useful but not what everyone should be judged on. Miggy was the heart of the Tigers lineup and their offensive force. He was their most valuable player and of the league. Trout was good, Cabrera was MVP.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I'm glad Miggy won the MVP. I'm not liking this entire shift in judging players worth based on these stats analyses. They are useful but not what everyone should be judged on. Miggy was the heart of the Tigers lineup and their offensive force. He was their most valuable player and of the league. Trout was good, Cabrera was MVP.
    Trout missed the entire moth of April and still put up similar numbers to Miggy. That's saying a lot. Add the fact that he is a stud defensive player and it's inexcusable why he didnt win.

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast