Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Expecting the Orioles to fade away after their surprise season? Maybe not.

Jon Paul Morosi reports the Orioles are targeting Josh Hamilton for their left-field opening. Hamilton is clearly the top offensive player on the market, but he also comes with significant health and off-the-field concerns. It’s a massive risk-reward situation, and if it works, the Orioles could team Hamilton with Adam Jones and Nick Markakis to form a strong outfield. Morosi also reports the Orioles are interested in Cody Ross to bring some right-handed balance in the corners.

Factor in the breakout year from Chris Davis, the arrival of Manny Machado and the long-term presence of Matt Wieters and the Orioles could be putting together a potent offense. Of course, that’s assuming they can afford Hamilton, and assuming Hamilton lives up to his extreme talent.

UPDATE, 1:45 p.m.: Speaking of left fielders, the Mets have come to some sort of agreement to buy out Jason Bay’s contract. The team just announced the move. That’s fairly stunning.
    Yankees LoHud

vCash
    The "buy out" of Bay's contract amounts to the Mets agreeing to pay him every dollar he's due under the contract. Awesome deal for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    The "buy out" of Bay's contract amounts to the Mets agreeing to pay him every dollar he's due under the contract. Awesome deal for them.
    My thoughts exactly. What's the point?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Yankees LoHud
    Now we can sign him dirt cheap

vCash

vCash
    Andy Pettitte is now represented by Excel Sports after being with the Hendricks Brothers throughout his career. Jim Murray left Hendricks for Excel and will continue to represent the veteran left-hander. Casey Close, who runs Excel's baseball division, said Pettitte has not yet made a firm decision about pitching next year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Andy, take a vacation and we will see you in July....get some sun someplace...

vCash
    [QUOTE]Quote:

Jon Paul Morosi reports the Orioles are targeting Josh Hamilton for their left-field opening. Hamilton is clearly the top offensive player on the market, but he also comes with significant health and off-the-field concerns. It’s a massive risk-reward situation, and if it works, the Orioles could team Hamilton with Adam Jones and Nick Markakis to form a strong outfield. Morosi also reports the Orioles are interested in Cody Ross to bring some right-handed balance in the corners.

Factor in the breakout year from Chris Davis, the arrival of Manny Machado and the long-term presence of Matt Wieters and the Orioles could be putting together a potent offense. Of course, that’s assuming they can afford Hamilton, and assuming Hamilton lives up to his extreme talent.

UPDATE, 1:45 p.m.: Speaking of left fielders, the Mets have come to some sort of agreement to buy out Jason Bay’s contract. The team just announced the move. That’s fairly stunning.
    Yankees LoHud/QUOTE]
    A recovering drug addict, living in charm city sounds like a terrible idea!

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    My thoughts exactly. What's the point?
    Just giving my opinion on Bay as a Mets fan but i think the idea was to absolve ourselves from him altogether (much like they did with Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo with one year left on their deals)

Nobody wanted to see him patrolling LF anymore and at this point he is nothing besides a distraction that was providing us zero on the field.

If that's what it took to get him to leave so be it.

I am sure they looked to buy him out at a lower price but guys don't walk just away from 21 million dollars (they didn't pay him the full 21 million in one shot, they gave him a lump sum and deferred the rest over several years)

Good riddance is all i have to say!!!

Would you be surprised if the Yankees did that to A-Rod in the last year of his deal if he was that unproductive and that much of a distraction?

That's the way the Mets looked at it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-08-2012 at 01:08 AM.

vCash
    Why are the Yankees asking Rivera to take a significant pay cut? A 1 year deal doesn't hinder 2014...what a bunch of cheap *****.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-08-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Just giving my opinion on Bay as a Mets fan but i think the idea was to absolve ourselves from him altogether (much like they did with Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo with one year left on their deals)

Nobody wanted to see him patrolling LF anymore and at this point he is nothing besides a distraction that was providing us zero on the field.

I am sure they looked to buy him out at a lower price but guys don't walk just away from 21 million dollars (they didn't pay him the full 21 million in one shot, they gave him a lump sum and deferred the rest over several years)

Would you be surprised if the Yankees did that to A-Rod in the last year of his deal if he was that unproductive and that much of a distraction?

Yes, I understand that. It's just amazing that they would agree to pay him full boat to go have the freedom of free agency.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    [QUOTE=JesusNYY_Savior;24234271]
    Quote:

Yankees LoHud/QUOTE]
    A recovering drug addict, living in charm city sounds like a terrible idea!

Every city in the majors has drug infested areas.......he would find them if he wanted to......if he is strong willed he can play anywhere, needs a strong support group of friends to help guide him from day to day...I find is a joke people say he cannot play in cities like NY and LA....do recovering alcoholics pick certain cites as well?????
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Michael Pineda is throwing a baseball again!!!@1:

While speaking with reporters tonight, Brian Cashman mentioned that Michael Pineda has started throwing off flat ground as he rehabs from shoulder surgery. “He’s just flat ground throwing,” said the GM to Chad Jennings. ” I think it’s best for us to pretend he’s not even there and then have him sneak up on us. And I hope he does, but I’m not going to count on him. I don’t think that’s going to be fair … He’ll be ready when he’s ready, and we’ll be happy to take him. But to count on him would be wrong.”

A few weeks ago Cashman said the 23-year-old Pineda likely won’t be back until June of next season, which he reiterated tonight. The Yankees aren’t going to count on him and they shouldn’t; it was a major surgery and there’s some chance he may never be the same pitcher again. For at least next season, it’s best to proceed as if he’s a non-option all together and just treat anything he provides as a bonus. Regardless, it’s still very good news that he’s started throwing and his rehab is progressing.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/11/mic...-ground-78909/

vCash
    Brien Taylor News

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...selling-crack/

This sure opens an old wound that still hurts when I think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

They weren't going to give him 21M in one shot anyway. They owed him 16M over the course of the 2013 season + 3M as a buyout for 2014 + 2M left on his signing bonus. The financial details have not been released on how long his payments are being deferred so it's hard to evaluate whether the Mets gained anything financially. I understand that Mets fans are glad he's gone and maybe that's enough.

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast