Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    This is why I want Hamilton. 2 years in a row he was so close to a ring, then this year he's basically booed out of Texas. Im not in favor of a 6-7 year deal but a 4 year deal I'd do in a heartbeat.
    I agree with you. He would be a good addition. I too would not do a crazy 7 yr deal but a nice 4 or 5 deal for whatever the going rate. If people are worried about money. Swisher, Granderson and Martins money could and should all be gone.

you still can get some value out of Granderson and will not have to pay any of the contract,
    As for Arod the superstar years are probably gone but he could still be a solid player. No way we get anything but screwed if we deal him. so keep him and he should have a solid year.

vCash
    Another name I like. Denard Span, much cheaper than going after Justin Upton.

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...hoice-not-him-

Yankees likely to make Swisher a qualifying offer but only to retain the draft choice not him
    Swisher will take to piss you all off

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Completely agree. He's garbage.
    I do not want anything to do with the Uptons either . The Yankees do n ot need any more of these strikeout guys with all the talent in the world but underacheive

vCash
    The point your missing is this teams approach to hitting doesnt translate into the postseason. In 2009 they didnt soley rely on the long ball. 2010 is when that trend started. They were overmatched in 2010, 2011 and 2012, all because they cannot hit with runners in scoring position. Whats the mission statement of the Yankees? World Series or bust. This formula doesnt work. The last 3 years is proof of this. We need hitters that can hit with RISP, 2 outs, hit and run, etc. In the playoffs you always face good pitching. Good pitching will trump the kind of offense we produce because good pitchers rarely give up home runs. It does happen but not very much. Look at the Cardinals. In 2006, last year and this year they have pesky hitters who move the runners over. They arent station to station. They dont rely on the miracle 3 run home run in the 9th inning. This is what the Yankees need to do if they want to have success against other teams in the post season. Having the same approach year after year with players that are getting older does not and will not work. The A's and Rays are two teams I wouldnt want to face in a must win series. Cardinals too. Ours, not so much.

See Einsteins definition of insanity. That explains good ole Cashmans approach to success.
    Disagree completely.....

The 2009 Yankees lead the majors in HRs, so that too much power excuse is crap.....

You need a hot team to advance to the WS....Explain the 83 win Cards a few years ago?

The Yanks could not even get on base...They were all cold at the same time and pressing each game...it had nothing to do with HRs...Cashman's approach does work, he only missed one time, 2008....any team wants to make the postseason...you need to understand it is a crap shoot and forget what 90s dynasty teams did,,that is not the norm...His approach is OPS with lefty power hitters piling up the OPS...

You could have your approach and it will fail as well if they all get cold at the same time......they only had 2-3 hitters(Jeter,Ichy and Ibanez) hitting...

Then you have to have good pitching and that is the frustrating part of it all...
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Jeter - SS
    Suzuki - RF
    Cano - 2B
    Tex - 1B
    Arod- DH
    Granderson CF
    Martin - C
    Nunez -3B
    Gardner - LF

* Ibanez wants to come back

CC
    Kuroda (possibly comes back for about 12-15 mil)
    Pettitte (wants to come back)
    Hughes
    Nova
    Pineda

No more ridiculous big money contracts to guy over 30 years old its crazy!
    Would love to see Afraud traded...

vCash
    Jeter SS
    BJ Upton CF
    Teix 1b
    Cano 2b
    Kubel RF
    Martin C
    ARod 3b
    DH ???? A big hairy lefty...
    Gardner LF

Hughes, Granderson will be sent packing!
    Soriano will opt out

Pettitte and Kuroda resign with 1 and 2 year deals

Long will return

Pena will leave to manage somewhere

ARod said he is not leaving NY no matter what....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    first of all kevin long will be back he cant bat for these guys
    arod will probably be back even tho we'll probably shop the hell out of him
    cano/grandy will get their options
    swisher will be shown the door
    ichiro maybe signs a 1 year deal
    pettitte/kuroda return
    martin returns
    ibanez returns for one more or retires
    soriano opts out
    rivera returns

vCash
    Predict or hope???

Predict:
    Jeter
    Ichiro
    Cano
    Tex
    Arod
    Ibanez/(R Platoon....not A Jones, likely Nunez)
    Granderson
    Martin
    Gardner/Nunez (LF platoon)

Only "goners"....Swish and A Jones...don't see any major acquisitions NOR "dumps"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Another name I like. Denard Span, much cheaper than going after Justin Upton.
    I wouldn't mind a player like Span.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Jeter SS
    BJ Upton CFTeix 1b
    Cano 2b
    Kubel RF
    Martin C
    ARod 3b
    DH ???? A big hairy lefty...
    Gardner LF

Hughes, Granderson will be sent packing!
    Soriano will opt out

Pettitte and Kuroda resign with 1 and 2 year deals

Long will return

Pena will leave to manage somewhere

ARod said he is not leaving NY no matter what....
    Another guy who is opposite of clutch and strikes out a ton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Disagree completely.....

The 2009 Yankees lead the majors in HRs, so that too much power excuse is crap.....
    You need a hot team to advance to the WS....Explain the 83 win Cards a few years ago?

The Yanks could not even get on base...They were all cold at the same time and pressing each game...it had nothing to do with HRs...Cashman's approach does work, he only missed one time, 2008....any team wants to make the postseason...you need to understand it is a crap shoot and forget what 90s dynasty teams did,,that is not the norm...His approach is OPS with lefty power hitters piling up the OPS...

You could have your approach and it will fail as well if they all get cold at the same time......they only had 2-3 hitters(Jeter,Ichy and Ibanez) hitting...

Then you have to have good pitching and that is the frustrating part of it all...
    1. I never said they have too much power. I said they rely too much on the long ball. And that is a fact.

2. It doesnt work in the playoffs. 1 World Series win in 12 seasons isnt exactly up to par with Yankee standards. Again, relying on the long ball doesnt work in the post season.

3. I think a team more likely to rely on a homerun as opposed to putting the ball in play is more subject to a cold streak like this.

The teams that won it in 96, 98,99 and 2000 didnt rely on the homerun. At all. Guys like Paul O'Neil who hit for average and didnt swing for the fence with RISP. I dont see why you dont get this. Its not hard to comprehend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    That's my opinion.
    FREE AGENTS

Nick Swisher- Let him walk(please)> agree (he stinks during post seasons)
    Russell Martin- Resign(1-2 years), > agree
    Hiroki Kuroda- Resign 1 yearAgree > agree
    Andy Pettitte- Resign 1 year > agree
    Mariano Rivera- Resign 1 year > agree
    Ichiro Suzuki- Resign 1 year > agree
    Raul Ibanez- Resign 1 year > agree
    Derek Lowe- No thanks.> agree
    Eric Chavez- Time to retire, thanks. > agree
    Andruw Jones- Please retire, your washed up > agree
    Freddy Garcia- Please retire. Your sweaty. > agree

CLUB OPTIONS

Robinson Cano ($14 million or $2 million buyout)- Pick up option(trade, I truely despise how lazy you are) > disagree, pick up this year anf if he pretends a contract over 7 years say ADIOS, please!

Curtis Granderson ($13 million, $2 million buyout)- Buyout or sign and trade > agree

PLAYER OPTION

Rafael Soriano (owed $14 million for 2013, or can take $1.5 million buyout and become a free agent).- Please take the buyout > Agree unless he accepts a two year contract.

Also, I would sign J. Hamilton for $100,000 for 5 years nothing more than that.

vCash
    1. I never said they have too much power. I said they rely too much on the long ball. And that is a fact.

2. It doesnt work in the playoffs. 1 World Series win in 12 seasons isnt exactly up to par with Yankee standards. Again, relying on the long ball doesnt work in the post season.

3. I think a team more likely to rely on a homerun as opposed to putting the ball in play is more subject to a cold streak like this.

The teams that won it in 96, 98,99 and 2000 didnt rely on the homerun. At all. Guys like Paul O'Neil who hit for average and didnt swing for the fence with RISP. I dont see why you dont get this. Its not hard to comprehend.
    I agree with you %100. too many guys think they are Dave Kingman on the team and it is ok to have a Kingman in your lineup but you can not have 6 of them. That is why even though I am not a fan of Hamilton the man I think he would be good for the team. plays hard, hots for power and average some speed and hustles.
    I think the Yankees have too many who lack hustle. I like Tex because he plays great D and he hustles. Arod for all the crap he takes the man hustles. I do not see hustle out of Cano,Granderson,Swisher ,A.Jones or Chavez and I was on Chavez band wagon day one but seems like these guys for one reason or another are not going to run through a wall for the team.

but Cano is much too talented to let walk. great defender and best hitting 2nd baseman in game but the others should go. I think you need guys that hustle up and down the lineup and care more about winning than looking pretty or seeing how many homers they can hit or just going along for the ride.

vCash
    Ortiz is said to be looking for 2 years, $25-30 million, umm no.

Eric Berry Strong

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast