Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    After the fight Marquez was diagnosed by doctors as having a broken nose and possible concussion. He was in trouble in the fight before he landed that nice shot on the chin. A rematch would be very interesting.
    Usually when fighters go down, amd even when they just get there "bell rung" that's a slight concussion. Most people don't realize that.

These guys get concussions amd are expected to fight on, crazy when you think about it. Some of these guys may get 2-3 concussions a fight.

I remember when morales and barerra fought, I think the 2nd time, morales is against the ropes and gets caught with a right, his hands clearly drop, his head drops, and his eyes shut, and he begins to fall down.

Out of no where his head pops up and he starts swinging back. He clearly was knocked out for a split second than came back to life. That was nuts.

EDIT:
    if you to the 4:00 minute mark, you'll see what I was talking about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2BiK...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-29-2012 at 07:38 AM.

vCash
    After the fight Marquez was diagnosed by doctors as having a broken nose and possible concussion. He was in trouble in the fight before he landed that nice shot on the chin. A rematch would be very interesting.
    Lol is this supposed to be news? Of course they both suffered concussions. Repeated blows to the head obviously do that. And no more fights. They will all be close for the most part.marquez should retire. And pac should fight Bradley then retire
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    what for? Pacquiao has never taken a warm up fight. He wants either Bradley or Marquez. Once he beats them two hopefully Mayweather will fight him. He also has the option to fight Broner or any other contender.
    Pacquaio has always gone out to fight the best competition, he had a belt in 7 different weight class, no one has done that before.
    I think Arum will give Pacquiao an easier opponent that would likely result in a win to build him up before a rematch with Marquez. Bradley would fit that description.

But I disagree with you saying he's always gone out to fight the best. He's had some moments of trying to avoid fighters.

vCash
    **** arum, so far in most people's eyes marquez has won 3 fights for sure. its 3-1 unofficially for marquez, why would there be another fight? even though pacq lost, more people would still watch him vs mayweather than a 5th fight.

vCash
    Pacquiao vs Marquez has been one of the most exciting rivalries in the last decade. Why wouldn't there be another fight? I would loved it if Pacquiao-Marquez fought and replaced fights like like Pacquiao-Margarito, Pacquiao-Clottey, Pacquiao-Bradley, Marquez-Mayweather, etc because it would have been so much better.

It's like watching Ali and Frazier fight every single year when they were still active fighters. It'll always be a close and entertaining fight.

More people would watch Pacquia-Mayweather, but we all know why that fight hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 12-29-2012 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Pacquiao vs Marquez has been one of the most exciting rivalries in the last decade. Why wouldn't there be another fight? I would loved it if Pacquiao-Marquez fought and replaced fights like like Pacquiao-Margarito, Pacquiao-Clottey, Pacquiao-Bradley, Marquez-Mayweather, etc because it would have been so much better.

It's like watching Ali and Frazier fight every single year when they were still active fighters. It'll always be a close and entertaining fight.

More people would watch Pacquia-Mayweather, but we all know why that fight hasn't happened yet.
    ali frazier was a trilogy, this would be a 5th fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    ali frazier was a trilogy, this would be a 5th fight.
    I know that.

I'm saying that it would always be an exciting fight seeing them fight every year or something. The winner of Pacquiao-Marquez is basically a coin toss every single fight they have. That's why it's fun to watch. Any fighter could win.

vCash
    I know that.

I'm saying that it would always be an exciting fight seeing them fight every year or something. The winner of Pacquiao-Marquez is basically a coin toss every single fight they have. That's why it's fun to watch. Any fighter could win.
    4 times is enough man, why would you keep watching the same 2 guys fight? yea they're good fights but its not like there isnt other good fights out there. marquez is clearly the better fighter, hell i dont know why marquez would wanna fight him again. each time its now im gonna erase the doubt, well you did you're the better fighter move on.

vCash
    4 times is enough man, why would you keep watching the same 2 guys fight? yea they're good fights but its not like there isnt other good fights out there. marquez is clearly the better fighter, hell i dont know why marquez would wanna fight him again. each time its now im gonna erase the doubt, well you did you're the better fighter move on.
    I'm not saying there aren't good fights out there. I'm saying I would rather see them fight again if other good fights can't be made. Like how I said I would have rather seen Pacquiao-Marquez fight over Pacquiao-Margarito, Pacquiao-Clottey, Marquez-Mayweather, etc.

vCash
    I think there is a good chance Marquez would get knocked out if they rematch.
    Pacman gave him 3 Rematches, Marquez owes It to him.

vCash
    gave him rematches? everyone knows marquez was robbed every fight.

vCash
    Marquez will lose a fifth fight easily. He has no motivation except money for a rematch. He in his mind believes he won all those fights. No need for another.

vCash
    A Pacquiao vs Marquez fight will never be an easily won fight. Even the 4th fight, Marquez had to work hard for.

vCash
    A Pacquiao vs Marquez fight will never be an easily won fight. Even the 4th fight, Marquez had to work hard for.
    It will this time. Pacquiao is way younger and Marquez had no legs this last fight. I love the fights but a fifth is a waste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Marquez will lose a fifth fight easily. He has no motivation except money for a rematch. He in his mind believes he won all those fights. No need for another.
    I don't know if I totally agree with some of this; here's why:

* A knockout of that immensity is going to have lasting effects
    on Pac, both physically, psychologically, and career-wise. Pac would
    be risking getting knocked out again. Which could end his career.
    Putting him back in the ring so soon after that knockout, against
    the very same guy who dealt it, is a bad and maybe even dangerous
    idea. If there is a rematch, it shouldn't be in 2013. Which pretty
    much rules out JMM for 2014. I just don't see that happening.

* I don't think JMM thinks he won all the other fights, or he would
    not have been so desperately hungry for this one.

* JMM has the opportunity right now to retire on top with a big
    fat stack. But yes, that #5 money dangling out there could be
    a big draw for him-- so what's worth more, going out on top,
    or taking the chance of a huge loss for a lot of money.

If it was me, I'd retire.

I think #5 is:
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast