Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Before you talk tell me how many K.O.'s does this rivalry have?
    This was the first one by TKO
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerKB24Fan View Post
    Imagine what Floyd would do to Pac He made Marquez look like a fool in their last match
    You can't compare the Mayweather vs Marquez fight to this one. Marquez now is levels higher than where he was back in 2009.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshtd1 View Post
    Why would you bring the Spurs into this

For what it's worth I still think the Spurs have this last shot in them..just as I think Manny does.

Manny was looking damn good tonight except for the last second KO, and that looping over hand that caught him
    . A little biased though because I am a big Manny fan. Career isn't over though.

Styles make fights and this is why these two are perfect for eachother.
    This is what I mean.

Pacquiao isn't done like he needs to just give up. He's still a good fighter.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCool View Post
    Stop with the hyperbole. He is not fighting for his job, to say that is ridiculous. Manny's legacy is fine. 08-10 Pacquiao between the fights against De La Hoya, Cotto, Hatton, etc were the best offensive showcases of this generation of boxers. Everyone knew going into it Marquez Pacquiao was a great, even rivalry. Pacquiao was lunging forward on the attack and he gets hit with a full swing right hook. That punch would of knocked out anyone at the welterweight division.

That said, this was by far the best fight of the year. Such high boxing skill from both corners throughout the whole fight. Both had excellent game plans that could have only been formed from how familiar each fighter was with each other from the previous 36 rounds. Manny's weaving and constant head movement set up free left straights while Marquez's emphasis on waiting and biding for the perfect right power shot was superb and it got him the KO. It was a great night for boxing. One that I hope won't be dampered by PED accusations in the aftermath.

I know both fighters have said that there will be no 5th match between the two but after this, money talks. Obviously Pacquiao wants revenge now and Marquez has never made that much money in boxing comparatively (his purse was like 2 million compared to Pacquiao's 25 before PPV money) so I'm sure he can be persuaded with a higher cut. If it happens, I can't wait to see it.
    I agree with some points here but don't delve into the Cotto and DLH fights. Oscar was weight drained and over-the-hill and Cotto was ruined after Margarito destroyed him.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMelo15 View Post
    ****** that Marquez won this on two punches. He's on roids man no question about it.
    Hater lol he said he's open to testing

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    You can't compare the Mayweather vs Marquez fight to this one. Marquez now is levels higher than where he was back in 2009.
    Floyd would school this Marquez as easily as he schooled the last one.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    This is what I mean.

Pacquiao isn't done like he needs to just give up. He's still a good fighter.
    Pacquiao is done UNLESS he quits his stupid congressman nonsense....boxing is a full time 24/7 job

Moh Town!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Hater lol he said he's open to testing
    This.

If you're going to make roids case, you better have some ****ing evidence.

Marquez is fine. He trained for this. I doubt he would stoop so low to take steroids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I'd like to see Floyd fight this guy, it would be interesting.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Marquez won. **** yeah! Justice served.

Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Pacquiao's wife

she aiite
    ^^

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Mhm. Marquez is much more accustomed and comfortable with the weight now than he was then. Marquez was coming up from 135 to fight Floyd and just got bullied. He's been at this weight for a while now and that knockout is proof enough that he carries it fine and is capable of going against any welterweight, even at 39. It's quite the feat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan125 View Post
    Pacquiao is done UNLESS he quits his stupid congressman nonsense....boxing is a full time 24/7 job
    During 2012, he won 1 fight and was leading in the other fight. Both against top class fighters.

Pacquiao can still perform good despite being distracted. Would he be better focused straight at boxing? Sure. But he's not done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Completely agree! I liked what Roy Jones said post fight..he said that Marquez told him that he was a smarter fighter than Manny..and boy was he right....

Now..when you pin Marquez's boxing smarts against Floyds who wins?

Floyd without a doubt...say what you want about Floyd...but Floyd Mayweather is THE smartest tactician in boxing...boxing genius.

Moh Town!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCool View Post
    Mhm. Marquez is much more accustomed and comfortable with the weight now than he was then. Marquez was coming up from 135 to fight Floyd and just got bullied. He's been at this weight for a while now and that knockout is proof enough that he carries it fine and is capable of going against any welterweight, even at 39. It's quite the feat.
    Not to mention the way Marquez fought is different depending on the opponent.

vCash
    the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and getting the same result"
    - Larry Merchant

"the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"
    - Not an idiot

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast