Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lolololololololol.

No thanks. Just a stupid title that has no value in boxing.

vCash
    I kinda like it but thats me.

ps I am starting to add pictures to the threads.Check out the first page of the thread and tell me what you think. Its nothing big but an improvement. If you guys have any ideas please let me know because im barely starting to do them.

vCash
    Check out the Highlights of the Trilogy between Pacquiao vs Marquez
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RzX5sIsHrY.

After watching the video this fight couldn't come sooner. Lets Go Marquez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls_world23 View Post
    I kinda like it but thats me.

ps I am starting to add pictures to the threads.Check out the first page of the thread and tell me what you think. Its nothing big but an improvement. If you guys have any ideas please let me know because im barely starting to do them.
    Nice work man, anything to enhance the boxing forum a bit works for me. You've helped a lot keeping things fresh around here.

Maybe they'll make you a mod or something, I've brought it up to admins that we need one in the boxing area, the rest of us here don't meet the resume requirements I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Nice work man, anything to enhance the boxing forum a bit works for me. You've helped a lot keeping things fresh around here.

Maybe they'll make you a mod or something, I've brought it up to admins that we need one in the boxing area, the rest of us here don't meet the resume requirements I guess.
    Thanks man. I already told Sports Illustrator that I'll do my best here trying to keep things going and hopefully they can get a MOD in here asap.

vCash
    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2AjCWM8U8
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by Miguel Rivera

For unknown reasons, World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman has attacked the idea of a fourth meeting between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, which takes place on December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Although Sulaiman had at one point suggested the idea of having them fight each other for a WBC Diamond title, his organization is not involved with the match. The World Boxing Organization will present the winner with a special WBO "Champion of The Decade" belt.

"The fourth version of Manny Pacquiao vs. Marquez is a fight without any importance, because there is no championship at stake. It is a fight that only interests those in Mexico and the Philippines, and [the match is] not drawing attention anywhere else in the world. It is a fight with only a single purpose, to fill the date and nothing more," Sulaiman told Yahoo Deportes.

There is nothing new here. Last November, when Pacquiao-Marquez III took place, Sulaiman ripped that meeting as well. The WBO welterweight title was at stake in that match.

Sulaiman said at the time - "Marquez is a lightweight and a move to welterweight would give all of the advantages to Pacquiao. It's a fight that in no way should be done. Marquez is a great fighter, but there is a big difference between the current weights of both boxers."

Marquez lost a twelve round majority decision that many had scored as a victory for the Mexican veteran.
    What a hater.

vCash
    Not any importance?

It's going to add 1 more fight to make one of the best Tetralogies in boxing history.

vCash
    Thanks man. I already told Sports Illustrator that I'll do my best here trying to keep things going and hopefully they can get a MOD in here asap.
    Well Gluck w that, we have brought it up to mods multiple times. They sad they would like into it but we havnt havnt heard anything back, let alone even seen a mod post in the boxing forums.

And the boxing mods we have, I dont even think there boxing mods. At least they have gotten quicker at cleaning the spam I guess.

vCash
    What a hater.
    Well hes probably mad that his corrupt boxing title, won't be bringing in any money from this megafight. He would much rather receive a fee for a rematch if Bradley fought one of them.

WBC is is crap...

vCash
    By Chris Williams: Thus far the December 8th Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 4 undercard is still taking shape, and hopefully it’ll get better than what Top Rank has currently put together for the HBO televised fight at the MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

Here’s what Arum has put together at this point for the undercard:

Javier Fortuna vs. Patrick Hyland
    Miguel Vazquez vs. Mercito Gesta
    Michael Farenas vs. TBA
    Dodie Boy Penalosa Jr. vs. TBA

Former two division world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (21-0, 16 KO’s) could be facing Miguel Beltran Jr. (27-2, 17 KO’s) in a Cuba vs. Mexico match-up. Gamboa had left Top Rank earlier this year to sign with 50 Cent, but Top Rank and 50 Cent has made an agreement for Gamboa to fight on the card according to Dan Rafael of ESPN. It’s not really an ideal fight because Beltran Jr. isn’t a star or even close to being a star, and besides that he’s coming off of a 12 round decision loss to Roman Martinez last September on the undercard of the Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Sergio Martinez fight. It’s too bad a better opponent couldn’t have been found because it would nice to see how Gamboa would do against a better fighter and a bigger name. For boxing fans, this isn’t a good fight. Arum can do better than this.

Arum has lined up his Filipino fighter Mercito Gesta (26-0-1, 14 KO’s), who some boxing fans think will be the next Manny Pacquiao, to fight for a title against IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez (32-3, 13 KO’s) in a fight that’s likely going to end with controversy. Sadly, the Gesta-Vazquez fight is supposed to be the co-main event and that’s pretty disappointing because Gesta is nothing special but he is the harder puncher of the two. Gesta’s going to get hit a lot more than he lands in this fight and is going to get out-boxed.

However, Gesta will have the large Filipino crowd cheering each time he lands, and he’ll connect cleanly when he does land. It’ll come down to the judges having to choose between the better boxer and the higher work rate in Vazquez or the harder landing shots of the more popular Gesta. I think goes without saying that Gesta will get the nod and look terrible in winning. It’ll be another controversial win for Gesta, and I can’t see it helping the card.

Arum needs to find at least one good undercard fight for this card involving popular fighters that actually have talent. Gamboa is the only good fighter on this undercard, but his fight against Beltran Jr. is not a good fight. Boxing fans won’t get their money’s worth for this undercard in my estimation.
    I agree with this guy.. Top Rank needs better undercard fighters for this fight.

vCash
    Who's free to fight in the undercard on such short notice that could put on an exciting performance?

vCash
    www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=CqcrmP6HbI4

Above is three minutes of Juan Manuel Marquez sparring young junior welterweight Rocky Santillo of Mexico, as he prepares for his December 8 fight with Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

There's nothing particularly crazy about it -- even though Roxette's "Joyride" is playing the whole time, which is a little weird in 2012 -- but it's worth noting just how big and muscular Marquez is right now. His arms are seriously pumped, and given that he's got a few more pounds to play with than he did in last year's 144-pound catchweight bout with Pacquiao, that's perhaps not a surprise, but it's there, and it looks like he's trying to add some raw power to his attack for this meeting.

If he does indeed intend to knock Pacquiao out, it's not the worst idea in the world. It doesn't look like it's slowing him down much, either, and I think we can definitely expect an in-shape, big-bodied Marquez next month.

vCash
    I just don't want him to ***** if he loses
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    DAMN! That counter right hand at the 35 second mark! That's with 18 or 20 oz gloves! That's crazy.. PAC in trouble for sure.

vCash
    I REALLY can't wait for this fight to happen. Dinamita is one of my favortie fighters of all time, and I had him win all 3 bouts against Pacman (even if you corrected the 1st round scorecard in their first fight.)

JMM is such a bad matchup for PAcman, he causes a lot of confusion in the ring for Pacquiao and forces him to do things he doesn't necessarily like to do against a pure boxer --i.e.: initiate the combos because he knows a powerful counterpunch will be coming back his way.

Some fighter's have other guys #'s in this game--Like Saddler had with the great Willie Pep. If Pacman looks for the knockout like's he's been adamantly stating rather than taking whatever is given to him (as far as openings,) than I can confidently say I expect Dinamita to win in a UD. I just hope Marquez doesn't try to go for a knockout like he said he was going to, it must be frustrating fighting so well against an ATG and never getting the nod. Especially that last fight, how Marquez didn't win that fight 7-5 rounds at worst is somewhat egregious. Glad Vegas decided to screw Pac over in his next fight, just to even things a bit.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast