Hybrid View

vCash

Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 Thread.

Manny Pacquiao VS Juan Manuel Marquez
    Live December 8 on HBO PPV

Nickname: Pacman/ Nickname: Dinamita
    Record: 54-4-2 38KO / Record: 54-6-1 39KO
    Height: 5'6 1/2 / Height: 5' 7
    Reach: 67 in (170 cm) / Reach 67 in (170 cm)

Pacquai vs Marquez trilogy Highlights.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RzX5sIsHrY

Last edited by bulls_world23; 10-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Pacquiao for me

vCash
    Ill go with Pacquiao, again. Lol

I love 24/7, but another one with these guys is like ehh.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    I hope we don't have to watch JMM drink his own urine again.

vCash
    I think Pacquiao will get the decision, though it will be a close fight again leading to controversy.

vCash
    My sig speaks for itself...

vCash
    Marquez will win the fight once again in the people's eyes but will the judges agree or will they rig it for pacquiao once again?

vCash
    I think Pacquiao will knock him out this time. Marquez says he's going to open up and be more offensive, if he does it's lights out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    I think Pacquiao will knock him out this time. Marquez says he's going to open up and be more offensive, if he does it's lights out.
    a ko is a stretch, marquez has had the upper hand so far and both guys know it.

vCash
    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2A9iOP5wU
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

"Fighter of the Decade" Manny Pacquiao hammered his sparring partner, welterweight Anthony "Rocky" Marcial, in his first session and forced Marcial to quit.

Pacquiao's friend since his amateur days in General Santos City told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that Pacquiao has been training diligently every day, joging in the mornings and working out at his gym in the afternoons with childhood friend Restituto "Buboy" Fernandez, and also playing basketball to help improve his physical condition.

Golingan said Pacquiao appears to be "very serious and is training hard and looks good" in preparation for his fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on December 8.

He said Marcial quit after a series of rapid-fire, power punches from Pacquiao who appeared to be too strong and too quick for Marcial who seemed to be out of shape.

A promising fighter Marcial has an impressive record of 18 wins, 17 by knockout with only one defeat at the hands of hard-hitting Jack Asis when he suffered a 3rd round TKO at the Cebu Coliseum on May 28, 2009.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, who was peeved over Pacquiao's failure to keep his commitment to arrive in Los Angeles and begin training at Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym on October 15, said Pacquiao is now scheduled to leave for the US on October 27 which is what the Standard reported a couple of weeks ago.

Marquez the WBO junior welterweight champion has also begun sparring at his training camp in Mexico City under the watchful eye of Hall-of-Fame trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain.

Boxingscene.com quoted Beristain who said "Juan and I met to outline the roadmap to follow. We agreed that [today] we'll begin the hard work for this fight. [Today] we will start boxing with sparring partners, and do a total of six rounds."

Beristain expects Marquez to spar a total of 120 rounds in the buildup to the showdown with Pacquiao. Beristain told boxingscene.com it is "more than enough to get him (Marquez) in great condition."

The respected trainer said he had recruited two southpaws to spar with Marquez for several days. They are lightweight Daniel Santillio who has a record of 4-1 with 4 knockouts and Ramses Rodriguez after which another two southpaws will take over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls_world23 View Post
    You have to take any article by Ronnie Nathanialzs with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to Pacquiao. He always starts his articles with "fighter of the decade" or "p4p king" when it comes to Pacquiao, he interviews him all the time. So he can be biased.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    Lol Manny Pacquiao is preparing for his fight, by sparring Buboy Fernandez!

vCash
    I Wouodnt doubt pacman could make his partner quit, it's sparring not a fight. Your getting your *** kicked, you stop, take a break, and go back at it. Not a big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    I Wouodnt doubt pacman could make his partner quit, it's sparring not a fight. Your getting your *** kicked, you stop, take a break, and go back at it. Not a big deal.
    This.

vCash

Pacquiao vs Marquez IV: WBO invents new title belt for December 8 fight

The fourth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez on December 8 didn't have a title on the line. Until now.

After Pacquiao lost his WBO welterweight title to Timothy Bradley in June, and Marquez is giving up his WBO junior welterweight title to move up in weight, that sanctioning body has won the race to create an insignificant, ridiculous title belt for their bout, creating the "Champion of the Decade" belt.

This is a real thing.

Let's forget about the transparent and laughable greed of these "sanctioning bodies" for a minute and focus on something much funnier: How simply childish and creepy this stuff is getting, like overprotective weirdo parents trying to make their dumb kids feel better.

"Good win, Manny! You're CHAMPION OF THE DECADE!"

"yaaaaaaaaaay"

I accept that fighters care about title belts, the normal ones. Andre Berto seems uncomfortable with the idea that he would fight for anything less than another trinket that nobody really cares much about or pays any attention to.

However, these things, these "WBC Diamond" and "WBO Champion of the Decade" things, are really, really weird to me. Because noooooobodyyyyyyy cares. Nobody cares at all. These things aren't even acknowledged. Some creep sanctioning body dude will stand between them with this belt at the press conferences -- I hope they at least go to the trouble of making it look different than a normal WBO belt -- and that will be the most acknowledgment it ever receives. I mean, maybe Ronnie Nathanielsz will work it into every Pacquiao story, but that's it.

Anyway, this is a thing that's happening. You probably don't care. I don't really care, other than I'm beginning to find it all downright weird more than despicable or disgusting or wretched or whatever.
    I like the idea to be honest. What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast