Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Arod is done...why not let him rot with the Yankees lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    ok, lets look at the numbers:

Alex Rodriguez 2012 Stats
    BA HR RBI OBP SLG
    .272 18 57 .353 .430

Compared to the phillies top offensive performers
    Jimmy Rollins 2012 Stats
    BA HR RBI OBP SLG
    .250 23 68 .316 .427

Carlos Ruiz 2012 Stats
    BA HR RBI OBP SLG
    .325 16 68 .394 .540

Do NOT compare a-rod to the almighty (Cabrera, Wright, Beltre) compare him against the alternative (Polonco, Frandsen, Wigginton, Orr)

vCash
    And then compare the respective contracts and injury history. Its not a very good investment. Let him rot in NY. Unless they get smart and move him to DH

vCash
    But...

there's the problem of compensation and there's the greater problem of position. An over/under of 75 games in the field seems reasonable.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I mean if they are paying 80% of his salary going forward and we give up garbage, that would give the Phillies a temporary, health risk 3rd baseman a at tolerable price for at least two years. The following three years would be tricky though.. I'm not even convinced he can play 3rd for 2 more years let alone 5.

Depending on the deal, I might bite the bullet and trade for him if you can't get Headley at a reasonable price.

vCash
    wow, I can't believe people actually would want this guy...he's a lightning (a)rod for hate...the team doesn't need that...and they CERTAINLY don't need his 75 games (only) in the field as ATeam suggests, and I concur....the Yankees would need to pay $100m or his remaining money for me to even pick uip the phone...even then I don't give them any return on that...throw them a nothing spec...nope...don't want him...he's a cancer...

vCash
    ok, lets say they pick up 70% of his remaining money,

who would you rather have at 3b? A-Rod or polonco, orr, wiggington, frandsen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BFeez View Post
    ok, lets say they pick up 70% of his remaining money,

who would you rather have at 3b? A-Rod or polonco, orr, wiggington, frandsen?
    Spare me all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Ok let's ignore the $30 mil marketing agreement for this.

A-Rod has $114 mil remaining over 5 years. 30% of that is $34.2 mil or $6.84 mil per season.

At that rate, I think it's hard to complain. He's a good bet to eclipse 6 WAR in the next 3 seasons which would roughly cover his costs. Any production in the final two seasons would be gravy.

The real problem with trading for A-Rod is the roster crunch it would create. Between A-Rod, Utley, and Howard, the Phillies would need to roster a high quality utility infielder to fill gaps. This is in addition to the two outfield platoons and the catcher platoon that seem likely.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Ok let's ignore the $30 mil marketing agreement for this.

A-Rod has $114 mil remaining over 5 years. 30% of that is $34.2 mil or $6.84 mil per season.

At that rate, I think it's hard to complain. He's a good bet to eclipse 6 WAR in the next 3 seasons which would roughly cover his costs. Any production in the final two seasons would be gravy.

The real problem with trading for A-Rod is the roster crunch it would create. Between A-Rod, Utley, and Howard, the Phillies would need to roster a high quality utility infielder to fill gaps. This is in addition to the two outfield platoons and the catcher platoon that seem likely.
    Assuming J-Roll is here, wouldn't that be Galvis? I have no idea if he can be as effective at 3rd as he was at 2nd and SS, but I'd be willing to gamble on that if A-Rod was gifted to us.

vCash
    No. When I say high quality utility infielder, I mean vintage Mark DeRosa. Somebody you can plan to start 140 games while getting above average production.

vCash
    Like Keppinger, Scutaro, and hell I'd even look at Kelly Johnson.

vCash
    I don't know that Johnson would have enough utility. Then again, beggars...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    A-rod on any NL team is a bad move. Guy is going to be a train wreck soon at 3rd base in terms of fielding.
    He's still a capable fielder. It's simply a matter of when he breaks down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Yeah that makes zero sense from The Yanks end
    Unless a team takes on a good chunk of his contract, what do the Yankees gain in trading him. If they pay most of his contract, they still have to go acquire a 3rd baseman. At that point they might be paying more money to someone not as good.

vCash
    I wish we had a GM we could trust, so that we could dismiss insane rumors like this the second we hear them. Instead, I'll worry until A-Rod gets traded somewhere else or we acquire another third baseman.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast