Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 143 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    vCash
    dude you sound like you havent watched a bronco game since last year. Rahim moore has been a very good tackler this year and he is using bailey technique of wrapping up legs. Rahim moore has been tackling when the play is there. Hes also made his share pf flying from 15 yards back into the backfield and making nice wrap up sticks. I really dont see where your coming from your so wrong on moore this year

vCash
    No I am not wrong, I watch every game and I watch it from an analytical level because I played running back in college.

There are three to five times per game when I literally yell at the screen, "Where the hell are you Rahim"?? or "Make the fuxxing tackle Rahim"!!

Moore is not a good tackler, that is just a rediculous statement. He was embarassing last year, and this year he is barely average. He is the worst tackler on our defense save Tracy Porter. Even Chris Harris is a better tackler. We are so thin at safety, so he's on the field most of the game (just like our other top tacklers), his stats are clearly more quantity (of playing time) over quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post

Let me re-state what I said, i mean he's the worst tackler on the team, not terrible overall. He is routinely placed in the open field to make one on one tackles, and he just isn't physical enough. Upon the point of contact, the offensive player always squeezes out another 2-5 yards when it is a one on one situation...he tackles too high a lot of the time, which is something he can't do because he doesn't have the physicality of a yeremiah bell, polamalu, or adrian wilson.

But with all that said, hes young and I really do like the guy. I think trevathan is loaded with potential, The only positions i HATE on our D is the interior line and middle linebacker.
    If he is the worst tackler on our team I would be extatic for the rest of the Broncos. According to this article Moore is the 2nd best tackling safety in the league so far this year. He has improved dramatically.

BTW that article has Porter as the 2nd worst tackling corner in the league this year. I hate to say it, but that may have some correlation to how well the defense has been playing the last two games.
    Last edited by odie333; 11-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood..... Nobody!"

vCash
    Exactly rahim moore has transformed into a good tackler. Just waiting for the ball hawk in him to come out now

vCash
    Yeah rahims tackling has actually been a pleasant suprise this year...

vCash
    Denver Broncos' Ryan Clady showing he's worth the big bucks

What Peyton Manning can't see hasn't hurt him. The Broncos quarterback's blind side has been well protected this season by a massive, agile offensive tackle whose feet are light, his once gimpy knee sound and his arms extended forever long.

With the kind of season Ryan Clady has been having as the Broncos' left tackle, there is only one way to describe it:

Pay The Man!

"He's having a great year," said left guard Zane Beadles, who lines up next to Clady on the Denver offensive line. "He's a great athlete. That's kind of his MO. I don't think there is any doubt that he's back."

To be sure, Clady's value isn't getting any cheaper. A case can be made that he is having the best season of his still-young NFL career— better even than his first team all-pro, pre-knee-injury season of 2009.

Clady and Houston's Duane Brown are the league's only left tackles who haven't allowed a sack this season while starting every game.

Although 6-foot-6 and 325 pounds, Clady has been seen with Beadles running 10 to 20 yards downfield, a couple of dancing bears throwing blocks on receiver screen plays. These are the plays that catch the attention of television cameras and tend to incite Pro Bowl votes.

"It's fun to get out in space," Clady said. "You kind of have all eyes on you, so if you blow it (he laughs) everyone knows it. But it's fun having that cleanup block that helps spring for big yards."

Hours of practice on technique also have enabled Clady to become a more efficient run blocker.

"I think the area he's improved in is his run blocking," said Broncos coach John Fox. "It was something that we had seen as something he could improve at and he has."

The Broncos tried to work out a long-term contract extension with Clady in the weeks before training camp, which opened in late July. Talks broke off with no deal. John Elway, the Broncos' vice president of football operations, declined comment. But both sides have agreed to resume negotiations after the season, when Clady becomes eligible for free agency. Clady is being paid $3.5 million in the final season of a five-year contract.

To Clady's credit, and Manning's safety, Clady didn't become embittered at Denver management and have his disappointment bleed into his performance.

"I wouldn't say disappointed, but I definitely wanted to get it done before training camp started," Clady said. "And it didn't, but I just went out and played. This is my fifth year in the league; I understand it's a business. My job is to go out and play my best every down, every year."

Contract talks with pro athletes are always relative. The Broncos offered Clady a five-year, $50 million deal. Relatively speaking, that's a ton of dough. The $10 million average per year was greater than the 2012 franchise tag salary of $9.3 million and the projected $9.6 million to $9.8 million for a "tagged" offensive lineman in 2013.

Even with Clady becoming eligible for free agency at season's end, the Broncos can retain his services by placing the franchise tag on him for each of the next two seasons. Then again, the $10 million-a-year offer to Clady is less than the compensation for three other left tackles: Philadelphia's Jason Peters ($12.8 million per year average), Cleveland's Joe Thomas ($11.5 million) and Miami's Jake Long ($10.6 million).

With all due respect to Peters, Thomas and Long, it's difficult to say any of them are having better seasons than Clady. Certainly the commodities they are assigned to protect — Michael Vick, Brandon Weeden and Ryan Tannehill, respectively — aren't near the value of Manning.

A 36-year-old quarterback coming off a missed year to recover from four neck surgeries, Manning has been sacked only 10 times this season, none in the past two games. Only three quarterbacks — brother Eli, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Schaub — have been sacked less.

Has there been an extra pinch of motivatation in Clady's performance this year to prove he's worth what the industry calls "Joe Thomas money?"

"Even if I had been paid, I would have tried to prove I was worth the contract," Clady said. "There's always motivation to play hard."
    DP

Now look who looks like a genius not accepting the contract. He is having a better season than Joe Thomas. The PFM effect, he has improved everyone's play on the o-line...something I knew would happen...now Clady is going to get mad money.

vCash
    Clady deserves his cake, mannng and osweiler blindaide is protected. Clady should retire a bronco

vCash
    Get it done
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    One guy I'd love to pick up in the off-season would be Danny Amendola as I believe he's a FA. Fairly injury prone yes but when healthy one of the best slot receivers in the league and lord knows we're still pretty thin at the WR position.

vCash
    I'd have to think STL will be considering a franchise tag if they can't get a deal done. I would love to have him though if they don't/can't one done.

vCash
    Id rather draft one. We have sone depth at wr on the psquad and caldwell is till here. But im sure well draft a wr and rb next year

vCash
    I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Lattimore in the 4th or 5th if he decides to come out, let him sit for a year and get healthy and learn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    Id rather draft one. We have sone depth at wr on the psquad and caldwell is till here. But im sure well draft a wr and rb next year
    Agreed. Amendola is great but he will cost a decent amount of $. It wouldn't be wise to spend that much on our #3 receiver. Draft a guy that can play the slot and develop him. That is how the perenially good teams do it. Do not overpay for FAs.
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood..... Nobody!"

vCash
    agreed far better to draft a young guy to go with our good/becoming great young WR's
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    the more i look at this team, the more it is apparent we need to draft or bring in another running back. we have our scat back, but we need a guy who can be our 1B with mcgahee and take over in a year or so when mcgahee retires/limit his touches. also that lack of oline depth hurts us again with kuper going down. manny ramerez is a revolving door at rg lol

Page 7 of 143 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast