Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    I said it before i would be willing to trade up for Te'o but no way in hell would i give up the farm to get him i truely don't care how great he is or becomes no one player is worth mortgaging your future
    Is two 25+ picks mortgaging the future though? I mean essentially with the signing of Manning, we are pretty much saying to hell with the future. I should also say Te'o and Miller would be the future though. If we could trade to get a veteran MLB that is great, I'm all for it. I just want to sure up one if the weakest positions ASAP cause our window is not open forever. Maybe Urlacher leaves Chi next year? He's not as good as he was, but still good. I don't doubt Te'o could step in immediately and play with very impactful play.

To completely honest, idk if 2 1sts would even be enough though. He's most likely going top 10. As far as the value chart, we really wouldn't hit it.

vCash
    Worst thing we can do is say to hell with the future because osweiler will be playying ib 3 years and we should wanna build a dominant team for him to step into also to stay a sb contender if hes as good as lway thnks

vCash
    If we are building for 3-5 years down the road instead of right now, signing Manning makes no sense. I do see what you're saying though.

vCash
    I think we are building for now and to stay contenders when Manning retires and because of that i dont think trading draft picks to get 1 guy regardless of how good that 1 guy can be is worth the risk that is my point. And that is why i have said if we can trade our 1st this year and some pieces that we don't really need or plan to keep (i.e. DJ, Moreno,Etc) then we should go for it and i would be all for that but i am not all about giving up draft picks rather they are late 1st or not
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    just because you sign manning dont mean you threw aw ay thefuture, exspeciallysince most of our talent is young as hell and will only be 26 27 28 when osweiler steps iu n, and you factor in 2 3 more drafts it will be even younger with rookie and young veterans. We must keep adding talebt to this team. Aslong as elwy doesbt have anymore blunders on draft management we will be contenders now and later IF OSWEILER PANS OUT

vCash
    I don't care if we have 25 draft picks. As soon as you start getting out of the top 10 it pretty much a flip of a coin as to wether or not they will become impact players. Everything out of the 1st rounds the odds drop even more. The main positive now about moving up is you dont have to mortgage your future as in your paying them 100 mil. But if you find some one you like that can also fill a hole for years sometimes you have to take a chance. Like what did for J.Jones and look at the impact he is having. Imagine our D having a P. Willis type player on it

vCash
    I agree, as talented as Willis is, it's not worth getting. I would rather take my chances with teo, or MLB from Stanford. Besides I'm pretty sure SF wants to keep Willis. I'm sure sf thinks he will last as long as ray Lewis has. So even if we did try and get him, Sf would laugh in our face. Elway and fox have said they will build through the draft. Besides manning which as we all know is turning our team around already. I wouldn't mind us getting a MLb in the first & TE in the 2nd. CB 3rd, DT 4th Slot WR in the 5th

vCash
    tightend? We have 3 fairly young tightends.. And virgel green is looking like a young gates. We dont need a tightend we need to draft 2 play makers on offense and the rest defense.

vCash
    Im loking forward to them gettin holiday some snaps in space on pffense also, that guy is frickin electric once he getsthe ball in his hands

vCash
    Here's what we have for the long run:

STUD olb core: Von needs no explanation...but guys, Woodyard is an impact player, he WILL make the probowl this year mark my words. Against the saints he had 13 tackles, a pick, a FF, and 3 TFL.

Wolfe and Doom: doom needs a paycut but both of these guys are very talented. I am so, so impressed with Wolfe....that guy has a motor.

Decent secondary but aging: we should focus on the safety position towards the 5th round, adams is aging and rahim moore seriously can't tackle, it's pathetic. Take a gamble on a talented player that may have an attitude problem if it happens to fall in your lap. I was looking forward to seeing quinton carter develop, he had adrian wilson type flashes.

Pro-bowl WR's in decker and beybey

QB position is set (hopefully) for a long time if osweiler is the real deal

Hillman is an IDEAL change of pace back, so happy to finally see him getting carries...14 for 86 yards sunday, damn! Mcgahee is a spry 30, and he can ground and pound for atleast 2 more years IMO, so dont worry about RB yet.

TE position is also fine, virgil looked AWESOME

Here are our positions of focus in order of importance IMO:

1.MLB - te'o would answer every one of my prayers
    2.DT - Vickerson has done OKAY, but if we had a big stuffer down there, it would make a world of difference.
    3.Slot WR - Stokely won't last forever...just imagine if we had a percy harvin type of playmaker, there is some serious speed and talent in the draft this year.
    4. Safety
    5. OLine depth

I would draft MLB/DT in the first, and then the opposite in the next round, impact slot player in the 3rd, Oline, then best available.

vCash
    Outside of champ our secondArymain stayers are young. Porter carter harris bolden.. Moore at safety, quinton carter will competeat SS

vCash
    [QUOTE=LaLa_Land;24123634]
    rahim moore seriously can't tackle, it's pathetic.

Last years Rahim, I'd agree. There's no way you can say he can't tackle, this season. He's improved in that category tremendously. He's either leading or second on the team in tackles. Not sure how you can't tackle, yet you lead your team in tackles.

The focus definitely should be on improving the front 7. Carter and Harris look like they could be good also. Would love Te'o
    R.I.P. Kenny McKinley. You will be missed

vCash
    i would be for trading a 1st a 2nd and 4th 5th dj williams to get Teo that man is an animal!

vCash
    We are fine at TE. We have young players with lots of potential. People forget but we still have yet to see Julius Thomas really play. He's got the size to be a Gronkowski/Gates type of player, just needs to put in the work. I think our next 1 or 2 drafts will be used to build our defense. DLine and Linebacker will be key positions. I think we will need another 1 or 2 CB's, let Champ mentor them in his remaining years. Porter is on a 1 year contract right now, so not guaranteed that he will be back next year. As for a slot receiver, we can easily pick one up in the draft in the mid rounds or through Free Agency.

vCash
    [QUOTE=JabberJaw;24132192]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    rahim moore seriously can't tackle, it's pathetic.

Last years Rahim, I'd agree. There's no way you can say he can't tackle, this season. He's improved in that category tremendously. He's either leading or second on the team in tackles. Not sure how you can't tackle, yet you lead your team in tackles.

The focus definitely should be on improving the front 7. Carter and Harris look like they could be good also. Would love Te'o
    Let me re-state what I said, i mean he's the worst tackler on the team, not terrible overall. He is routinely placed in the open field to make one on one tackles, and he just isn't physical enough. Upon the point of contact, the offensive player always squeezes out another 2-5 yards when it is a one on one situation...he tackles too high a lot of the time, which is something he can't do because he doesn't have the physicality of a yeremiah bell, polamalu, or adrian wilson.

But with all that said, hes young and I really do like the guy. I think trevathan is loaded with potential, The only positions i HATE on our D is the interior line and middle linebacker.

Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast