Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There were complaints with Pops covering tight ends...You sure you want him covering slot WR's??

vCash
    I want to see us trade our 1st & 3rd round, for 2nd, 3rd & 4th round. Entice the Jets, Cardinals, Jags (if they decide to pass on Smith for overall No. 1) & Bills to battle for the first choice of their franchise QB between Wilson, Barkley & Nassib. Then we can address G, CB, MLB & WR within the 2nd to 4th rounds...Thoughts?
    I also think moving Champ to S would be a good move, to get him to rotate with Adams (wouldn't mind if we cut Adams though), Carter & Moore would be a great move for us I think. Bring Tony Carter back, and look at getting another solid young back through to compete with Harris & Boldin for downs.
    Last edited by Aussie.Nugs.Fan; 01-16-2013 at 06:21 AM.

vCash
    My issue with trading back is there's a very small window for winning. I think we need to go balls out trying to get the most talented person or impactful person immediately for both the draft and FA. If we draft to get Champ's replacement in a few years or something along those lines to play for the future, I don't really see why they would have went hard after Manning. If there's no one at 28 that fits the mold and there's some players they kinda like, then I suppose I'd want be happy with trading down. I'd really rather trade up though.

vCash
    Offense
    LT - Resign Ryan Clady
    LG - Orlando Franklin
    C - Resign Dan Koppen
    RG - Chris Kuper (healthy)
    RT - Sign a free agent or draft a quality RT. (Maybe Zane Beadles)
    RB - Need a new one (MJD would be nice), starting using the lightning bug Holliday out of the backfield. Defense just wont be able to see him until it is too late. McGahee, Moreno, Hillman, Holliday and Jacob Hester would fill out the other positions. Hester can play FB.
    WR1 - DT
    WR2 - Mike Wallace (Need Speed)
    WR3 - Wes Welker anyone? (Holliday could be a nice quick change of pace here and wreak havoc on LBs trying to cover him.)
    WRSub - Decker can play as a sub instead of Matt Willis (Cut)
    TE - Dreesen, Tamme, Thomas, Green (They are set here)
    QB - Duh

Defense
    DE - Dumerville/Ayers
    DT - Wolfe (Full Time)
    DT - Draft 1st round
    DE - Von Miller (Full Time)
    OLB - Woodyard, Williams
    ILB - Free Agent (Go get someone, please not Joe Mays)
    CB - Chris Harris (Broncos Best DB)
    CB - Champ (Had a tough game but still a great player)
    S - Moore/Carter
    S - Adams (Adequate)

Big thing is we need to get DT's that can rush the passer. This is a passer league. It has been proven a 200 yard rusher is not going to beat you if that is the only option the other team has. Putting Wolfe at DT and Miller/Dumerville at DE will put fear in the QB every play. Miller is not a good drop back kind of player. Maybe average. He is exceptional at making plays behind the line of scrimmage. If the team needs to move to a 3-4 than that is fine too. Miller/Dumerville would be perfect as the OLB and Woodyard and Williams would fit the ILB that you would need. Woodyard over the TE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walke30 View Post
    Offense
    LT - Resign Ryan Clady
    LG - Orlando Franklin
    C - Resign Dan Koppen
    RG - Chris Kuper (healthy)
    RT - Sign a free agent or draft a quality RT. (Maybe Zane Beadles)
    RB - Need a new one (MJD would be nice), starting using the lightning bug Holliday out of the backfield. Defense just wont be able to see him until it is too late. McGahee, Moreno, Hillman, Holliday and Jacob Hester would fill out the other positions. Hester can play FB.
    WR1 - DT
    WR2 - Mike Wallace (Need Speed)
    WR3 - Wes Welker anyone? (Holliday could be a nice quick change of pace here and wreak havoc on LBs trying to cover him.)
    WRSub - Decker can play as a sub instead of Matt Willis (Cut)
    TE - Dreesen, Tamme, Thomas, Green (They are set here)
    QB - Duh

Defense
    DE - Dumerville/Ayers
    DT - Wolfe (Full Time)
    DT - Draft 1st round
    DE - Von Miller (Full Time)
    OLB - Woodyard, Williams
    ILB - Free Agent (Go get someone, please not Joe Mays)
    CB - Chris Harris (Broncos Best DB)
    CB - Champ (Had a tough game but still a great player)
    S - Moore/Carter
    S - Adams (Adequate)

Big thing is we need to get DT's that can rush the passer. This is a passer league. It has been proven a 200 yard rusher is not going to beat you if that is the only option the other team has. Putting Wolfe at DT and Miller/Dumerville at DE will put fear in the QB every play. Miller is not a good drop back kind of player. Maybe average. He is exceptional at making plays behind the line of scrimmage. If the team needs to move to a 3-4 than that is fine too. Miller/Dumerville would be perfect as the OLB and Woodyard and Williams would fit the ILB that you would need. Woodyard over the TE.
    lol where is the money coming from to sign an upgraded right tackle. mike wallace AND wes welker, a free agent mike, and resigning of clady. i mean if it happened i would love it but its not happening. salaray cap would not allow that haha we wouldnt have enough money to sign one of the two big name wide receivers.

one point on this i actually really do like is mjd. i would not mind trading a 2nd round pick and a future conditional pick for him. goes with mud's win now idea. not sure how the money adds up though.

vCash
    I guess maybe Wiz will be our next OC. Does this change our drafting strategy in anyway?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    The last thing we need to do is go on a spending frenzy over 1 or 2 players. I loved how we handled last off-season. Brought in 2nd and 3rd tier guys who added great depth and contributed highly (Tamme, Dreesen, Stokley, Brooking, Koppen, Adams, Bannan).

Where we need to spend the most is on guys already on the team (Clady). Other than that, keep filling the roster with quality guys who arent going to break bank but are reliable veterans.

vCash
    My hopeful mock offseason.

resign Ryan Clady
    Brandon Stokely
    Jason Hunter
    Tony Carter
    Kevin Vickerson
    Keith Brooking
    David Bruton

Cut Joe Mays
    andre caldwell

Trade DJ Williams for a 4th (low i know, but we really dont need him. need to get some more playing time for trevathan.

Restructure
    Kuper- after injuries he is getting paid way too much. when he is healthy he is great, but that isnt at all a sure thing. love the guys, but even 1M off his contract would be huge
    Champ- love champ and want to get him a ring. maybe he will help himself get closer to a ring by reworking his contract

new contract: Eric Decker. He is pry going to have another great season next year. Would rather avoid him testing the waters or us using our tag on him.

Sign: DT Glenn Dorsey (potential is there to be fantastic. shouldn't be in a 3-4. think he could do great in a 4-3.
    WR Austin Collie (one year deal. he will want to come here to resurrect his career.)
    WR Steve Smith (not the carolina one) solid wide receiver, has played slot well. smart safe signing and adds depth to wide receiver core.
    (pry a bit more i cant think of off the top of my head)

pipedream signings Melton DT CHI in place of dorsey or Amendola WR STL in place of collie or cliff avril/osi to play across from doom. would only kick the tires though. not likely

draft
    1 barret jones og/oc alabama
    use our 4th and 2nd to move up in 2nd
    2 kevin minter ilb lsu
    3 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
    4 Blidi Wreh-Wilson cb Conn

this is still a work in progress but i like it as of now
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 01-16-2013 at 05:14 PM.

vCash

vCash
    I am absolutely befuddled by this. I haven't actually read the whole article, just a portion. ND has come out and said it's a hoax. I'd like to take them at their word, but I am hesitant to believe anything after this bomb was dropped until more comes out. Seriously though, what the ****? Either Te'o is this gigantic psycho or his girlfriend is one or more of: psycho and evil.

no actual girlfriend apparently
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 01-16-2013 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Yup looks like Te'o could fall. With all This random weird stuff coming out

vCash
    Looks like Te'o could fall if he is there at #28 we should take him, he just like Champ played his worst game at the worst time possible.
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    There were complaints with Pops covering tight ends...You sure you want him covering slot WR's??
    I feel he just gets out of position because the TEs are bigger than him so they have better leverage on him to make the catch.

vCash
    at the same time tho its pretty weird to hear he had a hand in all of this.....even tho there are conflicting reports that he was/was not in on the hoax.....i think he was because he said he talked to her every night for 4 months straight might be wrong but he also said he met with her as well

vCash
    Yeah, the only possible explanation if isn't total making it up is if he was embarrassed of having an internet relationship, so he made some stuff up. Things definitely don't look good for him right now though.