Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    No Louis Nix. He's staying
    BOOO! dammit he would have really helped with the depth of this class

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver-boy View Post
    My Wishlist: (make your own if you like)

1st round -DE

Wolfe can go back inside, and we have solid D-line.

2nd round -Tyrann Mathieu CB/S - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk
    Bailey's repacement

3rd Round -

4th round - Gabe Jackson OG - #61 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHiCPDt1M4
    one of best OG, steal. solid run blocker, and pass protector.
    i have considered this as well. I think it is something we will look into but we do have a guy on our roster who our coaching staff really liked before getting injured. Jason Hunter. I think we may not take a defensive end if they believe he can come back strong next year. if we do go defensive end in the first i would like ezeikel ansah. very raw but he can very equivalent to jpp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28:24768879
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    im assuming we will tag clady...
    i assume so as well. i hope we can sign him though rather then tagging him. make both sides happy as we will have him a long time and he will have that contract security.
    Yeah i think it will go something like this. We negotiate with him but cant get a deal done in time so we tag him so he isnt a free agent, then we work on a deal with him throughout the summer and get him a contract before training camp next year.

vCash
    in regards to my recent mock: i could have also addressed Running back, defensive end, middle linebacker, corner, and safety in the draft but i didnt for a number of reasons.

Running back: I am actually quite happy with our running back situation for next year. We have McGahee coming back. Fortunately for him and us, he wont have to carry the ball but about 10-15 times a game. That will keep his legs fresh and running hard while also keeping him healthy. Knowshon is starting to finally show his potential. We won't always see him carry the ball as much as he did against baltimore, but as long as he can continue to run effectively in the ypc, i am a very happy guy. He also is a good pass blocker and a receiving threat out of the backfield. Hillman has his issues, but is the youngest player in the nfl. He will continue to improve and will be a much better player in a year due to a full nfl offseason. Also, Hester is signed on for next year. With him already seeing action and inactivating ball (despite it being just his second week on the team) it makes me think the coaching staff really likes the guy and he will become more and more involved in our offense, eventually becoming a rb,fb,te hybrid very dangerous for our offense. The wildcard is mario fannin. Almost no bronco fans know of the guy because he has been ir'd the past two years, but we have kept him around and I have heard very good things about him when healthy. If given the chance and the ability to stay healthy, could be a very good option for us.

Defensive end: Could have gone defensive end to slide wolfe back over to defensive tackle, but i think we already have our defensive end for next year on the roster. He is a guy the coaching staff was raving about during the offseason, but tore his triceps. fortunately, he will be back next year to help wreck havoc on opposing teams right tackles. Along with the stepped up play of robert ayers, i think we are okay at defensive end for next year.

Mike: I used to be a big pounder of the drum of the middle linebacker position, but i actually think we may have our mike on our roster for next year. DJ Williams. I think we can finish out the year with what we have right now, but with woody stepping up and dj too much talent to keep on the bench, i think we will work him back into the mike position next offseason. We may potentially bring back brooking on the cheap as well. Although he is not solid, he does have veteran leadership and great positioning and makes some good plays in the run game. Still, i think dj williams and a mix of travathan and irving should be enough to keep us from going here early.

Corner: I really hope that we resign carter, but if we dont, i expect us to go with corner early. Champ is also not getting any younger so its never too early to look for solid security at the position. Omar Boldin is a wildcard here. He is very raw but has great potential and the physical tools to be a very good corner. I expect to see much more out of him next year being another year removed from his injury in college and a year of nfl experience/offseason under his belt.

Safety: Some people see us going safety early. Although i wouldnt be against it, i think that it is a bit too early to give up on our young two we already have in Rahim Moore (who has played great this year) and a guy we are molding in Quinton Carter. I wouldn't mind drafting a safety early, such as vaccaro, elam, reid, etc, but i think our resources could be better used elsewhere along with giving quinton carter another offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah i think it will go something like this. We negotiate with him but cant get a deal done in time so we tag him so he isnt a free agent, then we work on a deal with him throughout the summer and get him a contract before training camp next year.
    exactamundo compadre

nykol is online now PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    I looked into the numbers and did some rough estimating, should be decently accurate however.

Going into next season, between salaries and signing bonues we'll be in the area of 97 mil for active contracts. Leaving us (depending on cap inflation) with ~30 in cap space.

The tag on a LT is in the range of 10.6. Joe Thomas averages 11.5 per year. We may not make Clady the top paid LT but i dont have much argument if thats what it takes, 900K between top dog and tag price isnt much of a difference IMO. A deal like that would leave us with ~18-19 to spare.

Decker might be looking for more money/extension this offseason as hes only getting 750K next year. Also might not be a bad idea to lock him in on his contract year, if he puts up another 80 catch, 1000 yard 10 TD season with Manning his price from this offseason to next will sky-rocket.

Other Free Agents (only notable ones listed)
    Bannan
    Brooking
    Bruton
    Koppen
    Stokley
    Willis
    Vickerson
    Ball (RFA)
    Carter(RFA)
    Colquitt (RFA)
    Unrein (RFA)

Of those guys, i would expect every RFA to get tendered. I think Brooking and Stokley are going to hang em up after this season. Willis can hit the road, I think its one or the other with Vick vs. Bannan. Would love to see Koppen signed for a couple years, and Bruton will get an average special teamer contract. So with more rough estimates lets say the RFA's get about 4.5 together, 2.5 for one of the DT's, 2 for Kop's and 1 for Bruton.. thats 10 more million.. leaving us with ~8-9 in spending money for F.A.

vCash
    1. DT
    2. MLB
    3. OG/OT
    4. WR

We need talent on that d-line and we need it via the DT position. I hope we resign Big Vick, he's been awesome in his role. Bannan is the cheapest studly run defending DT in the game. What a find. Hopefully, we can get a pass rusher here cause that will make our defense elite. But I'll settle with solid run defenders. Look for Siliga to take over the Bannan role next year...the broncos seem to like him and have developed him for a couple of years. JDR has done an amazing job making the weakest part of the defense into an afterthought. We need to focus on talent here though.

Need that true Mike. I don't know how long Irving has to prove himself, and I don't think he'll get the chance, I don't trust in D.J Williams, I don't trust Joe Mays. Would love that force at Mike.

Purely depth but ideally would like someone to challenge for a starting spot. I wonder how Blake will develop.

With Stokely being gone, we could either rely on Caldwell (which I wouldn't mind) or draft a young up and comer. Can't go wrong giving PFM/Brock more weapons for the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Defensive end: Could have gone defensive end to slide wolfe back over to defensive tackle, but i think we already have our defensive end for next year on the roster. He is a guy the coaching staff was raving about during the offseason, but tore his triceps. fortunately, he will be back next year to help wreck havoc on opposing teams right tackles. Along with the stepped up play of robert ayers, i think we are okay at defensive end for next year.
    I really want that 3rd pass rusher and I'm not sure if Wolfe can be it..although a bit early with him. I would only draft a DE if he's got good upside with the pass rush.

But we are pretty much set with DE. Jason Hunter/Robert Ayers/the sleeper Jeremery Beal/and Malik Jackson.

That's 4 DE's off the bat.

vCash
    I wonder if we'll work out Eric Page after he recovers from his ACL tear. I hope we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I really want that 3rd pass rusher and I'm not sure if Wolfe can be it..although a bit early with him. I would only draft a DE if he's got good upside with the pass rush.

But we are pretty much set with DE. Jason Hunter/Robert Ayers/the sleeper Jeremery Beal/and Malik Jackson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JxQlaxBHU

Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 270.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.69.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-2.
    11/17/12: Many are raving about the potential of Ansah. The senior has totaled 47 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, four sacks and six passes broken up in 2012. He has exploded on the season after making a grand total of 10 tackles as a junior and sophomore.

There is no doubt that Ansah has a great combination of size and speed. He could be this year's version of Chandler Jones or Jason Pierre-Paul; players with little college production but great athletes who go in the first round of the draft.

DE Ezekiel Ansah-BYU
    Height: 65
    Weight: 270 lbs.
    Grade: 7.5 (Grading Scale)

Athleticism
    +Explosive coming out of his stance, is able to rush with both power and speed
    +Big prospect with long arms, very well filled out
    +Hes able to transition from one rush move to another due to natural balance
    +Uses great leg drive on his bull rush to walk to offensive lineman back into the pocket
    +Phenomenal change of direction ability
    +Rare blend of athleticism where he is just as good with his strength moves as he is with his speed moves
    +Top-end speed to play LB if he was needed there, already drops into coverage and makes plays in coverage
    +He has a great motor whether hes chasing down the QB or chasing down a RB from the backside
    +Delivers the blow when he hits you, hes not a drag down tackler, when he hits you, youre going down
    +Natural bend around the edge to turn the corner and get to the QB
    -Still learning how to play with his body type, at times still has an awkward moment where hes not sure what to do with hands
    -Lack of time in football has him struggle with some recognition plays where he will bite on fakes or take himself out of plays by design
    -What position is he in the NFL? May need to add or lose weight moving forward

Intelligence/Effort
    +Developing play reading ability, he showed a lot of growth in this area this year
    +Does well to monitor the QB on his rush and if he breaks to run or winds up to throw Ansah reacts properly
    +Never ending motor, hes the kind of defender that is just as happy getting a QB sack as he is chasing down a WR 50 yards down the field who thought he was going to score easily
    -Having only played football for three years his Awareness and Football IQ are lower than most prospects
    -Struggles with some of the misdirection and zone read style of plays
    -Will allow teams to take advantage of his up field pass rush by running draws to his side, until he counters it

Pass Rush
    +Explosion out of his stance allows him to beat the OT to the spot whenever he wants
    +When he uses his arms and hands properly hes almost impossible to engage
    +Generates a ton of power and strength through his lower body, is able to lift the OL almost completely out of his stance
    +Can rush from the DE, DT, or OLB spots, could be a huge asset for a creative defensive coordinator
    +His length presents a problem for most OTs, even if you block him he still has the ability to get his long arms into the passing lanes
    +Has begun understanding how to set up and utilize certain moves to counter what offenses are trying to do to him
    +When hes really feeling it, hell start using combination moves to get the OL moving one way just to beat him the opposite
    +Seems to find that next gear when he has the QB in his sights
    -When he is blocked effectively its often because he gets too high out of his stance
    -His hand usage needs to get better when it comes to shedding blocks

vCash
    1. DT
    2. MLB
    3. OG/OT
    4. WR

We need talent on that d-line and we need it via the DT position. I hope we resign Big Vick, he's been awesome in his role. Bannan is the cheapest studly run defending DT in the game. What a find. Hopefully, we can get a pass rusher here cause that will make our defense elite. But I'll settle with solid run defenders. Look for Siliga to take over the Bannan role next year...the broncos seem to like him and have developed him for a couple of years. JDR has done an amazing job making the weakest part of the defense into an afterthought. We need to focus on talent here though.

Need that true Mike. I don't know how long Irving has to prove himself, and I don't think he'll get the chance, I don't trust in D.J Williams, I don't trust Joe Mays. Would love that force at Mike.

Purely depth but ideally would like someone to challenge for a starting spot. I wonder how Blake will develop.

With Stokely being gone, we could either rely on Caldwell (which I wouldn't mind) or draft a young up and comer. Can't go wrong giving PFM/Brock more weapons for the future.
    agreed on all the needs. i avoided the mike in my mock, but if we went ogleetree or cj mosely with our first pick, i would still be a happy guy.

vCash
    and i just want to say thank god for this thread haha some people dont like discussing draft and offseason with a winning team because we should just be enjoying the team we got right now. dont get me wrong, i love our broncos how they are right now, but i enjoy the excitement and movement of the offseason almost nearly as much as the regular season lol
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 12-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    Im still confused as to what the salary cap is... i thought it was going down to 100 mill but is it 120 instead of 100?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    he might be but lets not act like it is a sure thing here or something
    just remember this ! so when he is good you know who said it before

ROCK NATION!

vCash

I like Dion Jordan but hes too high for us to get lol.... still like the idea of getting another rushing DE on the other side of doom. a mathis/freeney type of combo.

ROCK NATION!