Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan4eva View Post
    and as goes for running backs i could see us dealing with New Orleans for a Running Back such as Pierre Thomas.
    give me ivory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan4eva View Post
    out of that list i only see a couple that are must keep players, Clady is a must...Vickerson...Koppen...Unrein...and maybe Bruton for special teams.
    not tony carter??

vCash
    Yeah, I want to lock up Carter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    Yeah, I want to lock up Carter.
    Big Time

vCash
    I want Broncos to just draft Tyrann Mathieu. All I ask... thats it. i know rams will try to him tho, fisher would love to get a hold of this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 12-14-2012 at 12:47 PM.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    I'm sorry, anyone who thinks D-boy and ET are the same, I scream bollocks.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    mathieu pry wont be drafted til the 3rd to 5th round. kind of like how burfict plummeted last year. i dont really want a guy like mathaeu when we already have shorter sided corners in chris harris and tony carter. hopefully we can groom omar boldin to be a solid corner. like his physical skillset and size, just needs to put in some nfl work.

vCash
    updated nfl mock for the broncos

1. Barrett Jones OC/OG/OT Alabama
    Here is what walterfootball states about this guy
    Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-3.
    12/1/12: Jones' best position for the NFL is probably center, but he also has the ability to play guard after being a standout at guard as a freshman and sophomore. Having played left tackle as a junior and now center as senior, Jones is the rare lineman who can play any position on the offensive line.

After playing well against LSU, Jones had a lot of problems against Texas A&M. He was beaten repeatedly by an undersized, speedy defensive tackle. Jones can make up for it by playing well in the SEC Championship against Georgia massive nose tackle John Jenkins.

Jones had a harder time with Mississippi State compared to other teams he has played against this season. Heavy defensive tackle Dewayne Cherrington was a challenge for Jones and guard Chance Warmack. Jones had a good game overll, but wasn't as overwhelming as he has been in other games.

Jones played well against Missouri. He opened up holes for Eddie Lacy to have a huge day and was excellent in pass protection. When going against talented defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, Jones had success. The senior also had a superb outing against Arkansas. He dominated the Razorbacks on the ground and in pass blocking.

Jones had an excellent debut at center in the 2012 season opener against Michigan. He looked so natural, one would think he has played the position for years. Jones was superb in the ground game opening up holes and hitting combo blocks. He was rock solid in pass protection, too.

The intelligent Jones has been great at making the line calls to set protections and blocking schemes.

8/24/12: Jones had a tremendous season at left tackle last year and it has really elevated his draft stock. In his biggest test of 2011, Tbe junior faced his biggest test of facing LSU in the regular season. He played very well before sustaining an ankle injury in the second half. Early in the evening, Jones was doing a phenomenal job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and Alabama had a lot of success running behind Jones. He also wasn't getting - or needing - any help with LSU's speed-rushers on the edge, and Jones was rock solid not allowing a sack or pressure. He had another good game in the National Championship

Jones only moved to left tackle in 2011 after playing guard the previous two years. His transisition was flawless. He did a fabulous job of run blocking for Trent Richardson, and was equally good in pass protection. Jones is an intelligent player who has the physical tools to be effective.

Interestingly, Alabama has moved the senior to center for 2012. He is extremely smart and versatile. It will be interesting to see where Jones plays in the NFL, but he definitely could play guard.

Jones started 14 games at guard in 2009 as a redshirt freshman and Ingram ran his way to a Heisman. Jones stayed at right guard and started 11 games there in 2010. He was named as a First-Team All-SEC selection last season.

Here is cbs
    Rarely does a technically-refined offensive lineman earn top billing at a university with such tradition of producing flashy athletes at virtually every position, but in the case of do-everything Jones, the honor is well deserved.

Since redshirting for the Tide in 2008, Jones has simply started 35 of the past 39 games, earning action at right guard (25 starts), left tackle (10 starts), as well as sliding over to play the three other positions up front when necessary.

Despite earning First Team All-SEC honors (and third team All-American accolades by the Associated Press) in 2010 while at right guard, Jones was asked to move to the all-important blind-side tackle position in 2011 and starred there, earning the Outland Trophy as the nation's top lineman, as well as the Jacobs Blocking Trophy (SEC's top offensive lineman) and was a consensus All-American.

This season, coach Nick Saban is moving his top lineman once again; this time to the center position, where the same intelligence, quickness, balance and surprising anchor Jones demonstrated has demonstrated at guard and tackle will translate well.

my 2-cents
    i think he is a fantastic for this team. With the injury problems of kuper, the age of koppen, and the ineptitude of jd walton, i think jones would be a huge have for us. Very good for mr manning to have a smart center to run his offensive line checks and i really dont believe there are any better at it in the ncaa right now.

Round 2: Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

What walterfootball says:
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 301.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.98.
    Projected Round (2013): 2.
    11/17/12: Floyd has played well for the Gators and has been disruptive. He has 37 tackles, 10 tackles for a loss, one forced fumble and zero sacks so far in 2012. Floyd made a real impact against Texas A&M and Tennessee when Florida's defense played great in the second half to lead to comeback road wins. He also played well against LSU.

It would probably be best for Floyd to return for his senior season, but the word is he will declare for the 2013 NFL Draft.

8/25/12: Sharrif Floyd was one once of the most sought after recruits in the nation. He showed the reason why as he flashed some real talent as a freshman in 2010. Floyd recorded 23 tackles with 6.5 tackles for a loss. The 6-foot-3, 301-pounder was coming on strong at the end of the season.

Floyd was suspended for the first two games last season by the tyrannical NCAA for violations during his recruitment by a school he chose not to attend. The sophomore played mostly defensive end in 2011. He totaled 46 tackles with 6.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, one blocked kick and one pass broken up.

Floyd can be a load for offensive linemen due to his power and speed. He has a high ceiling and will be playing more defensive tackle in 2012 - his natural position.

What CBS says:
    Floyd signed with Florida as the highest regarded prep defensive tackle prospect in the country, according to some recruiting experts.

He immediately proved up to the hype, earning a spot on the 2010 All-SEC Freshman team (as voted by the coaches) with 23 tackles, including 6.5 for loss.

Floyd showed off the versatility that could result in his earning a high round selection into the NFL one day by playing every position along the defensive line for Florida as a true sophomore

My 2-cents:
    we could potentially be losing 3 of our current defensive tackles this offseason as Unrein, Vickerson, and Bannan are all scheduled for free agency. Sharrif is a versatile player and has some great athleticism. He also has the frame to add a bit more weight so that will help him improve as well.

Round 3: Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia

Walterfootball
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 193.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.
    12/8/12: Bailey has been a dominant force in this season. He is one of the most productive receivers in the nation and has torched defenses with his deep speed. Bailey made 106 receptions for 1,501 yards and 23 touchdowns in 2012. He had 13 catches for 303 yards and five touchdowns against Baylor.

8/17/12: Bailey was a big-play receiver for the Mountaineers and their potent passing attack last season. He caught 72 passes for 1,279 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Bailey is very fast and has enough size to be a speedy slot receiver in the NFL. He hauled in 24 passes for 317 yards and four touchdowns as a freshman in 2010.

Former teammate Keith Tandy told Walterfootball.com that Bailey is an excellent route runner who has great hands. If everybody stays healthy, the junior should have a huge year. He has one of the best quarterbacks in college football to work with in Geno Smith.

CBS
    While Tavon Austin might just be the most exciting football player in the country, Bailey was actually West Virginia's most reliable and productive receiver in 2011.

Bailey, who possesses a more traditional combination of size and speed for NFL scouts to consider, averaged 17.8 yards per reception in 2011, accumulating a school-record 1,279 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns despite catching nearly 30 passes less than Austin.

Bailey, a true junior, isn't quite as agile as his more hyped teammate and he lacks the explosive first step that has helped Austin be such a dynamic returner throughout his career.

Bailey, however, has a similar "stocky" frame and is a more accomplished route-runner making many of his biggest plays on verticals and deep crossing patterns that will more easily translate into an NFL offense.

my two cents:
    i love this guy. Very smart player and just makes plays. not quite the athlete that his teammate austin is, but i think he projects much better in an nfl offense. Think he will be a great slot receiver and hope we can pick him up.

Round 4: William Gholston DE Michigan State

Walter Football:
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 278.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
    Projected Round (2013): 3-4.
    11/17/12: Gholston hasn't taken the next step in 2012 and has been a huge disappointment. He hasn't developed any pass-rushing moves and is struggling to pressure the quarterback. Gholston defends the runs well, but is completely lost as a pass-rusher. He has totaled 40 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes broken up, one forced fumble and two sacks. His sacks came against Central Michigan and Wisconsin.

8/27/12: Gholston, a true physical specimen, flashed in 2011 and if he becomes more consistent, could skyrocket up draft boards. The junior from Detroit looks ready for a breakout season, although he already was a Second-Team All-Big Ten pick in 2011.

Gholston broke into the lineup as a sophomore, totaling 70 tackles with five sacks, one forced fumble and 16 tackles for a loss. He was suspended for the first Wisconsin game after punching Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan and twisting the helmet of quarterback Denard Robinson.

Gholston finished the season with a phenomenal game against Georgia in the Outback Bowl after playing well against Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship. He is very physical at the point of attack and is one of the better run-defenders at defensive end in the draft class.

The biggest thing that Gholston needs to improve is his pass rush, but he has the potential to be an excellent rusher. There are times when Gholston displays a dominating bull rush and a devastating spin move. If the junior produces on his potential this year, he could be a high first-round pick.

Gholston is the cousin of famed New York Jets bust Vernon Gholston, so it will be interesting to see if teams hold that against William.

CBS:
    Blue chip high school recruits out of the state of Michigan usually end up in Ann Arbor or another big time program like USC (Nick Perry) or Alabama (Mark Ingram). But the much heralded Gholston, who had offers from just about every program in the nation, landed in East Lansing and has slowly but surely come into his own as one of the top defensive linemen in the Big Ten.

He spent his true freshman season as a back-up defensive end/linebacker, but a shoulder injury ended his season prematurely. Gholston returned as a starting sophomore defensive end last year and set several career-bests with 70 tackles, 16.0 tackles for loss, 5.0 sacks and one forced fumble, earning Second Team All-Big Ten honors.

However, his 2011 season wasn't without some controversy as Gholston was suspended for Michigan State's last second Hail Mary win over Wisconsin because of a few dirty plays against rival Michigan a week earlier (punching left tackle Tyler Lewan and twisting quarterback Denard Robinson's helmet). With the full support of the coaching staff and zero off-field incidents, it would be unfair to label Gholston as a bad character prospect, but his football focus and on-field demeanor is a question mark that the NFL won't ignore.

At 6-7 and 280-pounds, he has the size, length and physical skills to maul blockers coupled with the athleticism to play in space and beat linemen with quickness. But he plays too stiff and needs to develop a better array of pass rush moves, too often relying on his natural tools and not technique.

With only 5.5 career sacks, Gholston, who is the cousin of former Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston, has lackluster production over his first two seasons and needs to dispel any doubts about his work ethic and motor. Similar to Jerel Worthy last season, Gholston isn't the ?elite? defensive lineman that some believe, but he does have pass rush ability and has yet to reach his ceiling.

The Spartans haven't had a first round pick since wide receiver (and NFL bust) Charles Rogers in 2003, but Gholston will try and change that with a breakout season in 2012.

my two cents: I think that this guy is too talented to pass up on. He is a heck of a lot of talent. Sometimes his focus has been questioned, but the talent is there as well. I think he is worth a look and, at worst, will be a solid defensive end for our rotation.

vCash
    these picks are assuming that we resign carter, vick, unrien, and clady

vCash
    im assuming we will tag clady...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    im assuming we will tag clady...
    i assume so as well. i hope we can sign him though rather then tagging him. make both sides happy as we will have him a long time and he will have that contract security.

vCash
    My Wishlist: (make your own if you like)

1st round -DE

Wolfe can go back inside, and we have solid D-line.

2nd round -Tyrann Mathieu CB/S - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk
    Bailey's repacement

3rd Round -

4th round - Gabe Jackson OG - #61 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHiCPDt1M4
    one of best OG, steal. solid run blocker, and pass protector.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 12-17-2012 at 02:23 PM.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    mathieu pry wont be drafted til the 3rd to 5th round. kind of like how burfict plummeted last year. i dont really want a guy like mathaeu when we already have shorter sided corners in chris harris and tony carter. hopefully we can groom omar boldin to be a solid corner. like his physical skillset and size, just needs to put in some nfl work.
    Mathieu > harris > carter
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 12-17-2012 at 01:50 PM.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I hope he doesn't come out, but Louis Nix out of ND is looking to be great. Te'o gets a lot of credit and deservedly so, but Nix raises hell up front.
    No Louis Nix. He's staying
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver-boy View Post
    Mathieu > harris > carter
    he might be but lets not act like it is a sure thing here or something

Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast