Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I do like Walter Football, but his comments on Bailey bother me. I'm not denying Bailey had a bad game, but to say he "could be done" is pretty damn stupid imo. Bailey was first in yards allowed per pass attempt this year at like .94, I believe. As someone who likes stats/numbers, I find in preposterous to use 1/17 games rather than 16/17 games to judge on someone being done.

If the Broncos are seriously concerned with Champ, than they should be trading for Revis rather than drafting for a CB that will most likely have a pretty bumpy year.
    Yeah Walter is usually pretty good but they are blowing it out of proportion a little there he's easily a top 5 corner I just think he needs some help with those speedy receivers there's no question he's lost a step. I do think we need to find his replacement soon though that way who ever we draft can maybe play #2 for 1-2 years then move him over to the #1 spot, I'd rather not wait till Champ retires then get someone and throw them to the wolves. As for who we have right now I just don't see them as ever becoming #1's maybe I'm wrong and Porter just seems like a waste he can't stay on the field
    Last edited by Broncogixxer; 02-01-2013 at 08:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    The problem with Doom is that he's just too small. He doesn't have the size to get around the big tackles. He's got a ton of heart that can make up for it occasionally but too often he is unseen for entire games.
    Being the highest paid player on our team and one of the top 5-6 in the NFL he'd better start doing something. I think we need to trade him to a team that runs a 3-4 so he can switch back to OLB. That was when he had his best year and the reason he got the contract he does

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    You cant just 'find' replacements for Champ, hes the type of corner that comes around once every 10 years. Sure hes not the same guy he was in his twenties, I'll take him over all but maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league.. maybe its time we stop depending on him to be on an island all game every game
    I didn't mean that we would be able to sign/draft a guy now with the same caliber as Champ. You are right, Champ is a dime a dozen. I am just hoping that we can bring in a young CB with some great potential and be groomed by the best of the best in Champ and guidance from JDR. I however will always defend Champ because he is my favorite Defensive player we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    The problem with Doom is that he's just too small. He doesn't have the size to get around the big tackles. He's got a ton of heart that can make up for it occasionally but too often he is unseen for entire games.
    I don't buy it. His size may not be ideal but he's got enough skills to make it work. I believe his problem is that he just has 2 moves. A bull rush and a speed rush but he mainly uses the bull rush.

He never tries anything new. He'd be way more effective if he threw in a spin move.

vCash
    I'm also interested to see the development in Jeremy Beal...it's going to be tough for him to snag some consistent playing time (Doom/Hunter/Ayers/Malik Jackson/wolfe)..the dude has got a motor to him.

vCash
    Mile High Report recently did an interesting piece on Champ Bailey and his alleged decline.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...n-champ-bailey

I still worry about him but this certainly helped alleviate some of my concerns.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Mile High Report recently did an interesting piece on Champ Bailey and his alleged decline.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...n-champ-bailey

I still worry about him but this certainly helped alleviate some of my concerns.
    That scrub Bailey gave up one regular season TD all year, no brainer he has to go to safety if not just cut him all together!!

vCash
    Seriously he had a bad game. That's it. Next time just put him on bolden and he will shut him down. And the game against cinci he was one on one with AJ Green! Green is gonna be in the top 5 of WR next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    That scrub Bailey gave up one regular season TD all year, no brainer he has to go to safety if not just cut him all together!!
    It's a case of gut vs facts. I admit that I let myself get caught up in it. That report did open my eyes and make me feel better.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I will continue to not worry about whoever Champ is covering. At this point and time, there are matchups that may not favor Champ but Champ can find a way to still be effective against those matchups.

The only real matchup that Champ got bested in any way, shape, or form was against A.J Green. Champ was just off against Smith. I doubt Champ will let that happen again.

but it also helps to get pressure on the QB...that 3rd guy....up the middle...

vCash
    With upcoming FAs, I definitely wouldn't mind another DT. I kinda want a right edge pass rusher though as well. I hope Seymour considers here to knock out one of those needs.

vCash
    mock draft update

1. Jonathan Jenkins DT Georgia
    big disruptive dt. not only great against the run but can collapse and push the pocket as well preventing the qb from stepping up and avoiding our edge rushers. john fox loves his big nose tackles and jonathan jenkins could be the next kris jenkins

2. Phillip Thomas SS Fresno State
    I come from the train of thought that mike adams is not that great. he is mediocre in ever sense of the word. I believe next year he will be more of a nickelback which he has shown he can be in the back. Phillip Thomas is a guy who is climbing draft boards. He shows amazing ball skills along with being a strong run stopping dt. the denver broncos had a personal interview with him at the senior bowl so they are interested in strong safety and in phillip thomas

3. Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
    potential 3 down back. shows good power, hands, instincts, agility, everything while playing at stanford. a good young back to pair with ronnie hillman for the future. he doesnt have break away speed but does everything else very well. very physical runner while maintaining durability.

4. Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
    Another guy that the broncos interviewed. going to be a very good slot receiver in the nfl. many comparisons to wes welker but that may be a bit premature. watching his tape he is one of the best blocking wide receivers i have seen. very tough and smart player. a guy that would thrive under a qb such as peyton manning

5. Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
    somewhat underpreformed on a terrible u of i team this past season but a guy who has all the tools. in the east west shrine game he showed that he can not only play zone but has good potential for man to man as well. this would be a big steal late in the draft for a cb with good size, speed, strength, and man-man ability (something a lot of bigger cbs lack). I think after the combine he will be a 3-4 rounder, but for now, this fits about where many think he will be taken

6 (to philly in the bunkley trade)

7. Braden Hansen OG/OC BYU
    a solid performer that helps us add depth to our offensive line. pry will never be more than a back up, but that is okay. He has scheme versatility along with strong leadership and technique. has starting potential but most likely a versatile back-up. couldnt ask for much more from a 7th rounder
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 02-03-2013 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    Wow we are the better team what could have been???

vCash
    If anybody needed any more proof that the NFL play-offs are a crap shoot....well there you go.

Ain't no way in HELL are the Ravens the "best" team in the NFL. They are not even the best team in the AFC.

But ****, that's why you want to make sure you're in the play-offs cause once you're in there ANYTHING happens.

vCash
    And another game where the Ravens get the benefit of a close call/no call. Now, it wasn't as often and horrific as the Denver game...but I don't know how that fade is not a PI or a hold..or some kind of penalty..