Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan4life View Post
    Completely agree with you here. He is still a top defender and there aren't many other CB's i would want as my number one guy, but he has lost a step. However, I think it is time to find his replacement whether it be in the draft or FA.
    You cant just 'find' replacements for Champ, hes the type of corner that comes around once every 10 years. Sure hes not the same guy he was in his twenties, I'll take him over all but maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league.. maybe its time we stop depending on him to be on an island all game every game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncogixxer View Post
    This is what Walter fooball has us drafting as of now, I kind of like it as log as we can grab a good DT in FA

1st- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    It really bothered me that none of the ESPN shows discussed how unbelievably bad Champ Bailey was against the Ravens. He looked like a member of New Orleans' secondary. He could be done. Tony Carter, meanwhile, is a free agent. The Broncos suddenly need help at corner.
    Desmond Trufant had an awesome Senior Bowl. He shut down every receiver he battled in the drills. At this point, I'll be somewhat surprised if he makes it into the second round.

2nd- Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    Keith Brooking, 37, saw extensive action at middle linebacker this past season when Joe Mays was lost for the year. Neither is very good, so the Broncos could be looking at an upgrade early in the 2013 NFL Draft.

3rd- Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin
    The Broncos need an upgrade on the offensive line. Right guard Manuel Ramirez was not getting the job done for the suddenly injury-prone Chris Kuper, who has barely seen the field this year. Zane Beadles isn't good on the other side either. Denver can easily find an upgrade this April.

4th- Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
    I don't think Knowshon Moreno can be trusted. Willis McGahee is old. Ronnie Hillman's just a change-of-pace back.
    I do like Walter Football, but his comments on Bailey bother me. I'm not denying Bailey had a bad game, but to say he "could be done" is pretty damn stupid imo. Bailey was first in yards allowed per pass attempt this year at like .94, I believe. As someone who likes stats/numbers, I find in preposterous to use 1/17 games rather than 16/17 games to judge on someone being done.

If the Broncos are seriously concerned with Champ, than they should be trading for Revis rather than drafting for a CB that will most likely have a pretty bumpy year.

vCash
    Sad how one game can negate a whole season of success in many minds

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-cornerbacks/

vCash
    ohhh, maybe what i was looking at had a minimum of 300 snaps

vCash
    Champ is no where near done, the last two signiture stat columns i posted from PFF show that clear as day, #4 in yards per pass attempt and he was 5 or 6 in first down/TD's allowed.. all that while shadowing teams #1.. still spells out E-L-I-T-E to me. Everyone has a bad game here and there, anyone remember Stevie Johnson lighting up Revis last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Sad how one game can negate a whole season of success in many minds

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-cornerbacks/
    I'm with you is he the fastest anymore no but he can still shut down 90% of WR's and yet so many can't wait for the day he switches to safety, just be careful what you wish for shut down corners aren't just falling out of trees!!

vCash
    I wonder why no one is crucifying Von Miller, Dumervil or any of our other pass rushers because frankly, they were absolute ****. Funny how that hasn't been mentioned. 1 sack, 3 qb hits and only 1 pass deflected by the dl. All starts with the line. Any QB in the nfl can pick anybody apart if given time and protection.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 01-31-2013 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    ^so I'm guessing my "we need that 3rd pass rusher" *****ing doesn't fall in that category?

vCash
    Von gets a ton of double teams. And Doom just can't be relied on to beat a 1 on 1 matchup. Doom is effective but he's not that good. Von has set him up more times than he has set Von up.

And anyway, that particular game is tainted. I don't think the Ravens protected THAT well..

Still though...get that 3rd ****in pass rusher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    ^so I'm guessing my "we need that 3rd pass rusher" *****ing doesn't fall in that category?
    Maybe I should have had for anyone with not the initials BK. Or anyone that is quick to point the finger at Champ, but not any of the other misfires on D that game. I do agree with your other post that the game was rather flukey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    denver broncos mock draft
    1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
    2. Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
    3. Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
    4. Akeem Spence DT Illinois
    5. Michael Mauti ILB Penn State
    6. Mike Gillislee RB Florida

would be a good draft in real life honestly
    Great draft so far. Both Hunt and Patton could be very good players. Akeem, Mauti and Gillislee were all steals. Mauti could be a very good pick for someone and I can't believe Gillislee was there in the 6th. Crazy. I don't really want to go CB in the first round but I like Rhodes so can't complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Von gets a ton of double teams. And Doom just can't be relied on to beat a 1 on 1 matchup. Doom is effective but he's not that good. Von has set him up more times than he has set Von up.

And anyway, that particular game is tainted. I don't think the Ravens protected THAT well..

Still though...get that 3rd ****in pass rusher.
    The problem with Doom is that he's just too small. He doesn't have the size to get around the big tackles. He's got a ton of heart that can make up for it occasionally but too often he is unseen for entire games.

vCash
    A CB would be a nice draft pick. And as always another pass rusher would be a valuable and nice pick. Offense is not as vital this year, if anything go for a slot receiver type player in the free agency period.

People should also come join me and bahama0811 in the Avs thread. It's kindav lonely....
    Last edited by cobras; 01-31-2013 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    Great draft so far. Both Hunt and Patton could be very good players. Akeem, Mauti and Gillislee were all steals. Mauti could be a very good pick for someone and I can't believe Gillislee was there in the 6th. Crazy. I don't really want to go CB in the first round but I like Rhodes so can't complain.
    i say we have done well

vCash
    i dont know the practicality of the move, but i would certainly be interested in kicking the tires in a move for jon beason. with davis and kuechly playing so well last year, and beason coming off back to back injury riddled years, now is the time to buy low. I am sure he would love to come to denver and reunite with the man who drafted him