Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Plus the Jets are projected to be 19M over the cap, not including who might get cut or traded. They need to get rid of so or reneg some of their contracts.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    To all of you who want champ to move to safety.. i beg to differ

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

vCash
    It does look like we are interested.

SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.
    The Broncos currently have plenty of cap room, but with LT Ryan Clady still needing a new deal some of that will obviously evaporate. Still, it's not hard for teams to work around this issue. As we saw in the Divisional Round loss to the Ravens, Champ Bailey just can't hang with the deep speed threats at receiver anymore. Adding Revis to the mix and maybe pushing Bailey to the slot would be a monster upgrade. What Elway wants, Elway usually gets. A first- and second-round pick is said to be the Jets' asking price. King mentions the Chiefs and 49ers as other possible Revis suitors. This is pure speculation at this point, though.

vCash
    I just don't see Revis as "the missing piece". I wouldn't mind the move but it doesn't seem to me that it would put us over the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post

That's a good read and very informative...I just don't see Bailey being able to keep up with the speedy WR anymore, and moving him to safety would most likely save him a little bit as he won't be running with Receivers every play. We don't know if it would work but IMO it’s worth a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    I just don't see Revis as "the missing piece". I wouldn't mind the move but it doesn't seem to me that it would put us over the top.
    Maybe one of the missing pieces- still need Mlb, DT, OG, CB or Safety those to me are our biggest needs

vCash
    If they were to trade for Revis, at very worst, we could draft a guy like Short out of Purdue. He's that pass rush up the middle that many want. Would set us up for awhile with him and Wolfe too.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncogixxer View Post
    That's a good read and very informative...I just don't see Bailey being able to keep up with the speedy WR anymore, and moving him to safety would most likely save him a little bit as he won't be running with Receivers every play. We don't know if it would work but IMO it’s worth a shot.
    I still think hes at least a year, most likely two away from having to make that move. Not many guys have Torrey Smith speed, when we find ourselves against that sort of opponent, put Carter or Harris on them and have safety help over the top. Hes still way too talented to force him to make that move when he can still keep up with 90-95% of the WR's in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    If they were to trade for Revis, at very worst, we could draft a guy like Short out of Purdue. He's that pass rush up the middle that many want. Would set us up for awhile with him and Wolfe too.
    odds are in a trade for revis we have to trade away our first. pry means short is out of our range

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    odds are in a trade for revis we have to trade away our first. pry means short is out of our range
    From what I've seen, which could be all nonsense, Jets may not be able to ask for our #1. Assuming we wouldn't be just trading pick(s) for Revis straight up.

Jeff Legwold wrote a pretty good article either yesterday or today on the situation in NY. Here's a portion of it. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...their-offseaso
    The thing to remember with any trade discussion is the player's current contract comes with him in any trade. And Revis' current contract largely makes him a one-year rental coming off ACL surgery.
    In what was the result of the second acrimonious negotiation between Revis and the Jets, his deal voids after the 2013 season and there is a clause written into the contract that the Jets can't use the franchise tag on him. So, the Jets are faced with trying to negotiate a deal with somebody they've had trouble negotiating with or trading him.

But any team trading for him may get a player who isn't full speed when camp opens and will almost certainly be looking to move into the market at the end of the season. That's almost certainly a short-term rental.
    In his contract, it says he has a no trade clause in 2013/2014 after redoing it. Now I'm not positive, but if he was traded, which ever team picks him up, that clause is still effective, right? It seems to me unless there was a new extension prior to a trade, the Jets really don't have much leverage. Especially since teams know they are screwed as far as cap goes.

vCash
    I just read another article that the early "feeling" is a #1 and a #3 could get Revis, in which case, I'm totally wrong. That said, if we got to keep Doom or another important cog on our team, it's certainly worth it.

The nice thing, as I'm sure you know, Doc, DTs in this draft are pretty deep this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I just read another article that the early "feeling" is a #1 and a #3 could get Revis, in which case, I'm totally wrong. That said, if we got to keep Doom or another important cog on our team, it's certainly worth it.

The nice thing, as I'm sure you know, Doc, DTs in this draft are pretty deep this year.
    that they are! some great guys available round 2-4

vCash
    I want the Broncos forum to actually be Broncos colors like other teams forums instead of looking like the Chiefs forum!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post

Got to get some love to Scrap dog as well...he made it in there. This is just proof that if you move Champ to safety you're just going to solve a problem with making another problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    It does look like we are interested.
    and here we go, lol. Let the drama begin. I'm going to approach this the same way I approached the PFM situation.....don't even think we have a shot.