Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    What is our salary cap situation looking like?
    This is also the year it kicks in where we have to spend a certain amount I think
    Team Carryover $ Total Cap Space
    Arizona $3.6M ($723,00)
    Atlanta $307,000 $4.9M
    Baltimore $1.2M $15.7M
    Buffalo $9.8M $20.6M
    Carolina $3.6M ($11.8M)
    Chicago $3.2M $13.3M
    Cincinnati $8.5M $55.1M
    Cleveland $14.3M $48.9M
    Dallas $2.3M ($18.2M)
    Denver $11.5M $18.5M
    Detroit $486,000 ($1.1M)
    Green Bay $7M $7.1M
    Houston $2.4M $12.9M
    Indianapolis $3.5M $46M
    Jacksonville $19.5M $22.1M
    Kansas City $14M $16.1M
    Miami $5.3M $35.8M
    Minnesota $8M $16.1M
    N.England $5.6M $18.6M
    N.Orleans $2.7M ($14.7M)
    NY Giants $1M ($4.7M)
    NY Jets $3.4M ($19.4M)
    Oakland $4.5M ($4.5M)
    Philly $23M $5.2M
    Pitts $758,000 ($10.8M)
    San Diego $995,000 $8.7M
    S.Francisco $859,000 $3.9M
    Seattle $13.2M $18.6M
    St. Louis $247,000 $1.8M
    Tampa Bay $8.5M $31.3M
    Tennessee $12.8M $19.4M
    Washington $4.2M ($4M)
    Last edited by Broncogixxer; 01-27-2013 at 12:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    According to Andrew Mason (Mile High Sports guy)
    we will likely have a bit more than 18.5 at the beginning though. all indications point to us cutting mays and getting rid of dj williams via trade or cut. also andre caldwell is likely to be cut as well. also potentially mike adams depending on draft/quinton carter performance/health. finally the last guy who might be a cap casualty is chris kuper. i dont want to cut him, but with how much he is getting paid as a guard and his inability to see the field recently really hurts. he has no reason fro himself to renegotiate his contract so he may end up cut. i hope that doesnt happen though

vCash
    I know they need to take care of the DJ.Willams, Dummervil and Kuper situation. They are among the top 6 paid players on our team cap wise, with Dummervil (with his bonus) making more than PFM and Champ. None of those three players come even close to playing for what they are getting paid.
    Salaries for next year not including any bonuses
    Dummervil-12M down from 14M this year
    DJ- 6M up from 5M this year
    Kuper- 4.5M up from 3.5 this year
    And this does not include any bonuses
    Last edited by Broncogixxer; 01-27-2013 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncogixxer View Post
    I think Brooking did ok for us this year but then again we limited his snaps to keep him from getting worn out. I just think we need a LB that can cover a TE decently that seem to be a real prob for us this year and based off who we are playing next year we kind of need it.
    That's a problem for almost every team though. The TE today are to fast for most LB and to strong for most safeties. I'd say MLB is our most pressing need but I would prefer to fill that gap through the draft and not with some aging guy that may have one good year left.

vCash
    Double post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    we will likely have a bit more than 18.5 at the beginning though. all indications point to us cutting mays and getting rid of dj williams via trade or cut. also andre caldwell is likely to be cut as well. also potentially mike adams depending on draft/quinton carter performance/health. finally the last guy who might be a cap casualty is chris kuper. i dont want to cut him, but with how much he is getting paid as a guard and his inability to see the field recently really hurts. he has no reason fro himself to renegotiate his contract so he may end up cut. i hope that doesnt happen though
    Indeed. I want DJ and his stupid dyme life crap gone. I'd take Mays at minimized pay, but if both are cut, it'll free almost 10 mill with just a little over 2 in dead money. Idk exactly what the others would bring, but I'd be fine with keeping Pops. He was solid this year and his versatility is nice. I don't recall what he's making though. As far as Kuper, I'm perfectly fine cutting him if he won't restructure. There's quite a few quality guards in this draft that I think can make an impact immediately. Hopefully we'll have an exciting and quality offseason

vCash
    No way we cut Pops...wayy too risky to do so. He had an excellent season and with the inconsistencies of our young safties (ahem Rahim Moore) you want to keep some experience back there. Maybe Quinton Carter can be used in nickel packages to cover TE's or something.

vCash
    D.J is probably gone, Mays probably should be gone (or take a pay cut), Hanie should be gone, I would like to keep Caldwell since I never thought he actually got a legitimate shot and his speed can be a difference maker but he might be gone.

Keep in mind that we have a 26/27 year old rookie that projects as a guard in this level...there might be some kind of move at OG. I'm sure we'll have plenty of excitement this off-season. It's the third year...this is where it comes together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    D.J is probably gone, Mays probably should be gone (or take a pay cut), Hanie should be gone, I would like to keep Caldwell since I never thought he actually got a legitimate shot and his speed can be a difference maker but he might be gone.

Keep in mind that we have a 26/27 year old rookie that projects as a guard in this level...there might be some kind of move at OG. I'm sure we'll have plenty of excitement this off-season. It's the third year...this is where it comes together.
    I don't see them dumping Caldwell he isn't even making that much....Willis is as good as gone though. I see us either drafting or picking up another WR or 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncogixxer View Post
    I don't see them dumping Caldwell he isn't even making that much....Willis is as good as gone though. I see us either drafting or picking up another WR or 2
    why not. almost makes 1 mill and was completely useless for us. no reason to keep him at all for that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    why not. almost makes 1 mill and was completely useless for us. no reason to keep him at all for that
    We only paid him 700k this year and he is slatted to make 900k next year because we signed him for 2 years, only 2 WR's we have that make less is Decker like 575K and Holiday( unless Im missing bonuses) Willis is a FA and was paid like 1.25M Stokley is also a FA or might retire

vCash
    still. to me that is just thrown away money. if im the broncos im not going to keep a guy who was totally ineffective for us just because hes cheap. he just takes up a roster spot that could be used for someone more deserving all while making more than league min.

vCash
    mock draft update. just drafted michael mauti in late round 5.

really happy with getting michael mauti. we know that he has had his issues with injuries but the dude is just a player. loves the game so much. if he were able to stay healthy, could have easily been a second day pick. we think we got a steal this late in the draft with this guy.

1. Xavier Rhodes CB FSU
    2. Margus Hunt DE SMU
    3. Quinton Patton WR LT
    4. Akeem Spence DT Ill
    5. Michael Mauti LB PSU

pretty happy with that from the broncos perspective. feel like were getting great value from where we are picking. still got 2 picks left to address some depth.

vCash
    I think broncs should take a look at Revis, and free up space in cap to make room for him and clady, i think trade DJ and Kuper for Revis. champ to take a pay cut like Ray lewis had to do awhile ago, and have him play safty, and take jordan poyer or mathieu in the 3rd round. as Nickle back, and hopefully tracy porter feels better to play across , he had plenty of int's when healthy, that or try chris harris out.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 01-28-2013 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    Why would the Jets trade Revis for DJ and Kuper? You do realize that the other team has to get something that they actually want/need to make a trade.