Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If the thought of trading Miller even enters the mind of John Elway I'll stab someone.

I want Revis, unquestionably.
    However, I don't want to give up what the Jets will want for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    ive heard that as well. i dont hate it. dont love it because the value of a defensive end is much greater than a corner, but i wouldnt hate that one
    I do agree in general, but I think if Revis was to be at or near what he has been, I think value would exceed Doom's. I also think it might be a bit easier to find a serviceable replacement for Doom at LE. I'm not necessarily saying they'll be better than Doom, but if the coverage was locked down as I'd imagine it would be with Revis, the pass rush would succeed in most passing situations. Especially if the offense is putting their offense in passing situations constantly by putting up points. This might be me just being a homer, but I'd have to imagine Denver is an attractive place for FAs. We might be able to get a little discount on some quality vets wanting to win.

But alas, I can't see the Jets wanting to do it.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    I can do a Doom/#2 for Revis. Granted we are losing our 2nd pass rusher but if you think about it..most of our sacks have come by either Von being Von or the pass coverage being excellent. Doom is an effective pass rusher but most of his sacks have come via coverage sacks. He doesn't really beat his 1 on 1 matchup that often.

vCash
    How about Brian Urlacher... Talks about him maybe not staying in Chi town. We need a Mlb haven't had a great one since Al Wilson and he would be a great leader and might take a lesser pay check with Manning on the other side for that ring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denva4Life View Post
    How about Brian Urlacher... Talks about him maybe not staying in Chi town. We need a Mlb haven't had a great one since Al Wilson and he would be a great leader and might take a lesser pay check with Manning on the other side for that ring.
    Pass .....he can't stay on the field, the injury bug has bit him pretty good now. Also IMO he hasn't even played good when he was on the field this year. We need to bite the bullet and draft a good one in the first like we did with Wilson.

vCash
    I don't think Te'o or Ogletree will ultimately be there by the time the Broncos pick. It's possible they drop, but there's quite a few teams in front of us that need an upgrade at inside linebacker. It makes me rather pessimistic. I guess they could nab a guy like Minter, but it might be a reach at 28. Not exactly a fan of draft need over best over player available. If either or both drop past 15, I would not hate the idea of trading up. Assuming there's a willing partner that is.

I can't say I'd hate the idea of at least giving Urlacher a look to gauge what he has left.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    i mean if brooking could do what he did this year for us i see no reason urlacher couldnt.

vCash
    Anybody think we can snag Dwight Freeney? FA this year coming off a unproductive season in the 3-4...going to be 33 years old..maybe PFM can convince him to join us??

Dwight/Doom/Von..

that's as sick as it can be....might leave us open in the running game though..

vCash
    ^3rd downs would be sick, you would just have to worry about the other 2. I could see it as a real possibility though. We really need some LB's though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Anybody think we can snag Dwight Freeney? FA this year coming off a unproductive season in the 3-4...going to be 33 years old..maybe PFM can convince him to join us??

Dwight/Doom/Von..

That gave me chills ....Id love to see him come here, he might be looking for 1 final bigger pay day though as it will prob be his last contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    i mean if brooking could do what he did this year for us i see no reason urlacher couldnt.
    I think Brooking did ok for us this year but then again we limited his snaps to keep him from getting worn out. I just think we need a LB that can cover a TE decently that seem to be a real prob for us this year and based off who we are playing next year we kind of need it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post

Dwight/Doom/Von..

I've been thinking about this. That would be exciting.

vCash
    I’m one of those guys that are all for trading up a few spots, so long as it's the guy you really want. It doesn’t cost as much to move up as it once did (salary wise). As long as you're sure this is going to be an impact player that you need and you have a good scouting dept. After looking at who we have that might be leaving in FA we don't have that many holes to fill. We aren't going to only add draft picks, there will be a few FA's signed on our end (hopefully- Freeney,DT and maybe a slot WR). If I'm not mistaken we are one of the top 5 teams in regards to the least amount of FAs that could possibly leave.
    Last edited by Broncogixxer; 01-27-2013 at 11:51 AM.

vCash
    What is our salary cap situation looking like?

vCash
    According to Andrew Mason (Mile High Sports guy)

Approx. $18.5M, but Clady will chew up approx $10M