Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 143 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Foles has potential like brock has potential. Ihace my doubts a about both though but I do recognize there potential even though poyential means jack **** most the time.

vCash
    i would def take brock over foles. is much more athletic and has a bigger arm.

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

vCash
    Love the idea of signing Dorsey in the off-season. He should be fairly affordable, with lots of upside. What do you guys think about giving Ray Edwards a shot on the cheap to add depth to out d-line? I see the Falcons just cut him.

vCash
    i dont like edwards so much. i feel he was the product of a great line... his great numbers in minnesota were more about playing with a great dline than how good he was

vCash
    I know some of us, including me, have been craving a middle linebacker to be drafted and groomed into a future leader of our defense. Been doing some research and a bit of tape watching and I have come up with 3 very good linebackers I think we could seriously be looking at in next years draft. All three of these guys are first round/border-line first round talent imo, so we would have to use our first pick on one of them if it is where we would chose to go. The three guys that have jumped out on me are CJ Mosely of Alabama, Alec Ogletree of Georgia, and Kevin Minter of LSU. Here is some info from a favorite site of mine, walterfootball.

CJ Mosely: Mosley has been playing excellent football for Alabama. He leads the team with 83 tackles. The junior also has five sacks, a forced fumble and two interceptions. One of them was returned 16 yards for a touchdown against Michigan. Mosley has a real presence and is playing fast and physical football. Alabama's other defenders struggled against Texas A&M, but Mosley was excellent, making 14 tackles and a sack.

NFL scouts will love Mosley's pass defense. He is a phenomenal defender in the passing game in man coverage, zone coverage and blitzing. Mosley could use more size for the ground game, but he is a special player. The junior has been Alabama's best defender in the front seven this season and in the discussion with DeMarcus Milliner as the best player on the defense.

Mosley had an excellent debut as a freshman in 2010. He was third on Alabama's defense with 67 tackles. He also had 10 pass break-ups with two interceptions that were both returned for touchdowns.

Mosley split a starting role last season with linebacker Nico Johnson; Mosley was used more in pass defense. He missed two games with a dislocated elbow.

Mosley totaled 37 tackles with 4.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks and an interception in 2011. He was injured again in the national championship after he intercepted a pass from Jordan Jefferson. Mosley dislocated his hip on the tackle by Jefferson, but should be fine for the start of the 2012 season.

Mosley has a lot of talent and figures to be very productive for Nick Saban over the next season or two. With Alabama's defense losing a number of play-makers to the NFL, he is being counted on to fill the void. Mosley is extremely fast and has good instincts.

Alec Ogletree: Ogletree really came on in the second half of the 2011 season. In the final seven games, he produced 52 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks and two forced fumbles. Ogletree broke his foot in the season opener against Boise State, and that caused him to miss the next seven games. He really stood out with big games against Georgia Tech, LSU and Michigan State.

Ogletree had 34 tackles as a freshman in 2010. He is very fast and instinctive. The junior has the frame to get bigger and stay as a middle linebacker in the NFL. Ogletree has a lot of upside and it wouldn't be surprising if he pushed his stock into first-round consideration after the 2012 or 2013 season.

Kevin Minter: Minter has been an animal for LSU and is the team's most consistent defender this season. He had 20 tackles and two sacks against Florida despite missing some time during the game with an injury. Minter has 90 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, five passes broken up, an interception and a forced fumble.

Minter is a good tackler with plus instincts. He also is a hard hitter and never hesitates to get physical. Minter had 61 tackles as a sophomore in 2011.

They are all playing playing so if you have time and want to watch some great lb play tune in. If you are still curious but can't watch here is some film.

CJ Mosely:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMsooDAzafc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvodZ06OXk8

Alec Ogletree:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDO08X6pBEU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IYBhD90dWk

Kevin Minter:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEFudV0W8P4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybIpxUVefo

in conclusion, the need for a middle linebacker has gone down a bit for some, myself included, recently with the reemergence of dj williams. If he can play the mike position, then we may chose to use our first round/second round pick elsewhere. However, with a defensive-minded head coach, a former linebacker defensive coordinator, and an aging dj williams and old keith brooking, I wouldn't be surprised if we went with a Mike in the 2013 draft early.
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 11-25-2012 at 02:48 AM.

vCash
    One more time. This offseason there is absolutely no doubt that we will be addressing the running back position. Willis McGahee received a significant injury this past week and although we are all wishing him a speedy recovery and hoping that he can return to his former hard running self, father time waits for no man and Willis is entering the end of his career as a starting caliber running back. Therefore, in the best interest of peyton manning and the denver broncos, the running back position should be addressed. There is no better way to add to one's stable then to pick up a late stud in the draft. Fortunately for us, there are a few good backs that will be available for us this up coming draft. After doing some research and watching some more tape, I found some backs that, although may never be adrian peterson types (who is?) could definitely great players for our running back committee. These players are: Joseph Randle of Oklahoma State, Eddie Lacy of Alabama, GIovani Bernard of North Carolina, and Michael Gillslee of Florida. Here is the Walterfootball review on each one. Overall, I tried to pick bigger backs as I feel we don't need a lightening type with hillman already a bronco.

Joseph Randle*, RB, Oklahoma State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

11/3/12: Randle is averaging 5.6 yards per carry with 891 yards and nine touchdowns. He has 20 receptions for 154 yards as well. Randle ran for 199 yards on 25 carries against Texas including a long touchdown run. He has had big games against TCU and Iowa State as well.

The junior has shown good blitz-protection skills including a devastating block versus the Longhorns. Randle has run with speed and power this season.

8/16/12: The Cowboys had a passing offense with Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon, but Randle still put together a massive season. He finished off a number of drives with touchdown runs for Oklahoma State. Randle averaged 5.9 yards per carry with 1,216 yards rushing and 24 touchdowns as a sophomore in 2011. He chipped in with 43 receptions for 266 yards and two scores, too.

Randle picked up the slack for Kendall Hunter and provided a similar speedy and shifty runner. Randle was a First-Team All-Big XII selection for his breakout sophomore campaign.

Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy said Randle will take on a much bigger load this season. He only averaged 16 carries per game last season. Word out of Stillwater is that Randle has been working relentlessly this offseason and is preparing for a bigger work load per direction of the coaching staff. His weight is up 10 pounds from last year.

Here is some tape
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRY5wqDxNJE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCMEekDHwEk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65s2n9aAc8w

what I get from the tape is that he has great burst the moment he touches the ball, a decisive runner and hits the hole with authority and displays great hands for a back along with above average blitz pick up. Impressed overall.

Eddie Lacy*, RB, Alabama
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 220.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

11/3/12: Lacy has totaled 596 yards (5.5 average) and seven touchdowns on only 64 carries. He has been a power runner for Alabama, but has lost carries to standout freshman T.J. Yeldon. Lacy has caught 13 passes for 111 yards and a touchdown, too.

8/16/12: Lacy is a clone of the recent mold of Alabama running backs. Under head coach Nick Saban, they've been led by ball-carriers who have a combination of size, quickness and power.

Lacy was the backup to star back Trent Richardson as a sophomore last year. However, when Lacy received carries, he made the most of them running for 631 yards on 84 carries with seven touchdowns.

With Richardson in the NFL, Lacy figures to be the lead back for Alabama. He has a tremendous offensive line and should have an extremely productive season in 2012.

Here is the film:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BodFlkOqog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnJF6zk01c

what i got from the film
    big back, runs hard. If we are looking for a power back in the draft, I would take this guy because he has some speed as well and wont suffer from ron dayne syndrome that i fear bell from michigan state will suffer from. Also not sure how much of his production is from a dominant offensive line. Either way, he is a big back and can grind out 4-6 yards a carry and has the ability to break away and gain some yards after contact.

Giovanni Bernard**, RB, North Carolina
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 205.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.52.

11/3/12: Bernard has been an electric play-maker for North Carolina this season. He has been dominating conference play including a massive day (23-267) against Virginia Tech. Bernard has found the end zone in every game he's played in.

Bernard has run for 930 yards and 10 touchdowns this season, while averaging 7.4 yards per carry. He also has caught 32 passes for 319 yards and three touchdowns. Bernard has averaged 10 yards per punt return with three touchdowns including a game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter against North Carolina State. He missed two games with an undisclosed injury.

8/16/12: Bernard burst onto the scene with 1,324 yards and 13 touchdowns (5.24 average) last year as a redshirt freshman. He also showed fantastic receiving ability with 45 receptions for 362 yards and one touchdown. Bernard carried the Tar Heels' offense, and he was consistently good.

Bernard is extremely quick to break runs for big gains. Furthermore, he is hard to tackle in the open field as he has shiftiness to dodge tacklers.

here is some tape
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-o3GNnH1go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_frTZ6weTQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWLjwQvngI

What i get from the tape
    elusive with great vision. best running back in this class. very good coming out of the backfield in the passing game. Pretty much carried his team on his back this offseason. With Lattimore going down this year, probably will be a first round draft pick.

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 209.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.42.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

11/3/12: Gillislee has been having a superb senior season for the Gators. He's averaged 4.5 yards per carry with 729 yards and seven touchdowns. Gillislee played hurt and helped push Florida to a tough road win against Teas A&M. He had impressive games against Tennessee, Bowling Green and LSU. The senior has speed and deceptive power.

Gillislee has been very impressive as a blocker in blitz protection. He has really helped his draft stock this year.

8/16/12: Gillislee hasn't played much as he had Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey ahead of him on the depth chart, but both of those backs are gone and he figures to be the lead back for Florida in 2012. When Gillislee has played, he has demonstrated some real burst and running ability. Gillislee has averaged 6.3 yards per carry in his career, totalling 920 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns. Like the previous Gators backs, he is very fast.

Tape:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHMKSzhjpI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97g8...eature=relmfur

What I see:
    really enjoy how he carries the ball. Two hands a lot of time and nice and tight. attacks the opposition while running. Runs hard and falls forward. Pretty good out of the backfield but can and will improve.

honorable mention (and i may add lol)
    Stephon Taylor Stanford
    Johnathon Franklin UCLA
    Montee Ball Wisconsin
    Christine Michael Texas A&M

vCash
    Great work Cyanide..nice to see we got our own draft wiz in here.

vCash
    Yeah, cheers Doc.

We have our very own Mayock.

vCash
    4 round denver mock as of now

1: Jonathan Jenkins, DT Georgia

he may be drafted before we can take him due to us picking 32 ( ) but I think he is an excellent fit for us. Vickerson has been playing fantastic this year, alas, he is in a contract year and may pull a bunkley and run for the money. i dont blame him, the nfl is a business and you make as much as you can while you can. Jonathan Jenkins is a monstrous man who could equially play NT in a 3-4 as well as DT in the 4-3. As we saw with Fox in Carolina, he really likes his big nose tackles, so this would make sense for our team. Also, we have an aging bannan along with Wolfe playing some snaps at DE. Unrein has played surprisingly well for us, but I would definitely want to add more talent to the position.

2: Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State

There is no doubt that the Denver Broncos need to add another running back. Hillman may never be more than a complementary back, Knowshon has shown to be a bust (so far) and McGahee's age along with his knee issue means that we need to look for a running back who can contribute immediately. Randle is my favorite running back in this class now that lattimore is injured. He displays excellent hands and blitz pick up skills out of the backfield are fantastic. He comes from a spread offense so he would need to work at running with the qb under center, but in peytons shot guns he could do some great things. I love his burst and how hard he hits the hole, as soon as the ball touches his hands, hes at full speed.

3: Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia

I have been absolutely in love with how stokely has been playing this year. However, father time stops for no man (good thing peyton manning isnt a man... hes a machine). Stedman Bailey has played very well this year for the West Virginia Mountaineers. He has displayed flashes of brilliance along with big play capabilities. He is a decent route runner but definitely can and will improve with nfl coaching. He may not be as highly touted as his teammate Travon Austin, but with a bigger frame, I trust his durability going over the middle more.

4: Xavier Nelson, OT, Florida

There is no secret that Denver needs depth on the offensive line. Xavier Nelson is a guy that could be groomed into a starting caliber tackle but has just not been able to put it together. He is athletic enough to be moved around the line at all positions except center which gives him an added plus. It looks like he has lapses of concentration on his tape from time to time, but seems to have very solid technique and speed and strength. We wouldn't be drafting him as an immediate starter so that could be worked on. Also, with a firey peyton manning making sure he focuses in practice so peyton doesn't get hit, I think we can see some great improvement there.

vCash
    I love that first pick doc
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    One more time. This offseason there is absolutely no doubt that we will be addressing the running back position. Willis McGahee received a significant injury this past week and although we are all wishing him a speedy recovery and hoping that he can return to his former hard running self, father time waits for no man and Willis is entering the end of his career as a starting caliber running back. Therefore, in the best interest of peyton manning and the denver broncos, the running back position should be addressed. There is no better way to add to one's stable then to pick up a late stud in the draft. Fortunately for us, there are a few good backs that will be available for us this up coming draft. After doing some research and watching some more tape, I found some backs that, although may never be adrian peterson types (who is?) could definitely great players for our running back committee. These players are: Joseph Randle of Oklahoma State, Eddie Lacy of Alabama, GIovani Bernard of North Carolina, and Michael Gillslee of Florida. Here is the Walterfootball review on each one. Overall, I tried to pick bigger backs as I feel we don't need a lightening type with hillman already a bronco.

Joseph Randle*, RB, Oklahoma State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

11/3/12: Randle is averaging 5.6 yards per carry with 891 yards and nine touchdowns. He has 20 receptions for 154 yards as well. Randle ran for 199 yards on 25 carries against Texas including a long touchdown run. He has had big games against TCU and Iowa State as well.

The junior has shown good blitz-protection skills including a devastating block versus the Longhorns. Randle has run with speed and power this season.

8/16/12: The Cowboys had a passing offense with Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon, but Randle still put together a massive season. He finished off a number of drives with touchdown runs for Oklahoma State. Randle averaged 5.9 yards per carry with 1,216 yards rushing and 24 touchdowns as a sophomore in 2011. He chipped in with 43 receptions for 266 yards and two scores, too.

Randle picked up the slack for Kendall Hunter and provided a similar speedy and shifty runner. Randle was a First-Team All-Big XII selection for his breakout sophomore campaign.

Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy said Randle will take on a much bigger load this season. He only averaged 16 carries per game last season. Word out of Stillwater is that Randle has been working relentlessly this offseason and is preparing for a bigger work load per direction of the coaching staff. His weight is up 10 pounds from last year.

Here is some tape
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRY5wqDxNJE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCMEekDHwEk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65s2n9aAc8w

what I get from the tape is that he has great burst the moment he touches the ball, a decisive runner and hits the hole with authority and displays great hands for a back along with above average blitz pick up. Impressed overall.

Eddie Lacy*, RB, Alabama
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 220.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

11/3/12: Lacy has totaled 596 yards (5.5 average) and seven touchdowns on only 64 carries. He has been a power runner for Alabama, but has lost carries to standout freshman T.J. Yeldon. Lacy has caught 13 passes for 111 yards and a touchdown, too.

8/16/12: Lacy is a clone of the recent mold of Alabama running backs. Under head coach Nick Saban, they've been led by ball-carriers who have a combination of size, quickness and power.

Lacy was the backup to star back Trent Richardson as a sophomore last year. However, when Lacy received carries, he made the most of them running for 631 yards on 84 carries with seven touchdowns.

With Richardson in the NFL, Lacy figures to be the lead back for Alabama. He has a tremendous offensive line and should have an extremely productive season in 2012.

Here is the film:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BodFlkOqog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnJF6zk01c

what i got from the film
    big back, runs hard. If we are looking for a power back in the draft, I would take this guy because he has some speed as well and wont suffer from ron dayne syndrome that i fear bell from michigan state will suffer from. Also not sure how much of his production is from a dominant offensive line. Either way, he is a big back and can grind out 4-6 yards a carry and has the ability to break away and gain some yards after contact.

Giovanni Bernard**, RB, North Carolina
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 205.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.52.

11/3/12: Bernard has been an electric play-maker for North Carolina this season. He has been dominating conference play including a massive day (23-267) against Virginia Tech. Bernard has found the end zone in every game he's played in.

Bernard has run for 930 yards and 10 touchdowns this season, while averaging 7.4 yards per carry. He also has caught 32 passes for 319 yards and three touchdowns. Bernard has averaged 10 yards per punt return with three touchdowns including a game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter against North Carolina State. He missed two games with an undisclosed injury.

8/16/12: Bernard burst onto the scene with 1,324 yards and 13 touchdowns (5.24 average) last year as a redshirt freshman. He also showed fantastic receiving ability with 45 receptions for 362 yards and one touchdown. Bernard carried the Tar Heels' offense, and he was consistently good.

Bernard is extremely quick to break runs for big gains. Furthermore, he is hard to tackle in the open field as he has shiftiness to dodge tacklers.

here is some tape
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-o3GNnH1go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_frTZ6weTQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWLjwQvngI

What i get from the tape
    elusive with great vision. best running back in this class. very good coming out of the backfield in the passing game. Pretty much carried his team on his back this offseason. With Lattimore going down this year, probably will be a first round draft pick.

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 209.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.42.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

11/3/12: Gillislee has been having a superb senior season for the Gators. He's averaged 4.5 yards per carry with 729 yards and seven touchdowns. Gillislee played hurt and helped push Florida to a tough road win against Teas A&M. He had impressive games against Tennessee, Bowling Green and LSU. The senior has speed and deceptive power.

Gillislee has been very impressive as a blocker in blitz protection. He has really helped his draft stock this year.

8/16/12: Gillislee hasn't played much as he had Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey ahead of him on the depth chart, but both of those backs are gone and he figures to be the lead back for Florida in 2012. When Gillislee has played, he has demonstrated some real burst and running ability. Gillislee has averaged 6.3 yards per carry in his career, totalling 920 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns. Like the previous Gators backs, he is very fast.

Tape:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHMKSzhjpI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97g8...eature=relmfur

What I see:
    really enjoy how he carries the ball. Two hands a lot of time and nice and tight. attacks the opposition while running. Runs hard and falls forward. Pretty good out of the backfield but can and will improve.

honorable mention (and i may add lol)
    Stephon Taylor Stanford
    Johnathon Franklin UCLA
    Montee Ball Wisconsin
    Christine Michael Texas A&M

I know some people that are down on him, but I really like Stepfan Taylor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    I know some people that are down on him, but I really like Stepfan Taylor.
    down on who exactly? lol i listed a fair amount of guys lol I do like stepfan as well. could def see us taking him in the 3rd or 4th. wont be a world beater but definitely an okay back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    down on who exactly? lol i listed a fair amount of guys lol I do like stepfan as well. could def see us taking him in the 3rd or 4th. wont be a world beater but definitely an okay back
    Stepfan Taylor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    Stepfan Taylor.
    ahhh ok i just misread it haha i dont like his explosiveness though.

vCash
    What do you guys think about Jason Bibin? Eagles cut him. If we claimed him on wiavers, we would really add to our d-line depth, and he is relativley cheap with remaining salaries that pay him $4.325 million in 2013, $6.175 million in 2014, and $6.15 million in 2014. I dont think thats to bad of a deal for a guy, who has been slowed by a calf injury so far, but showed last year he can be one of the better pass rushers in the league.

Page 9 of 143 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast