Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Off-season and Draft recap

• LT Ryan Clady franchised- All saw it coming, was vital we got him back too. Still believe he's going to hold out in the beginning of these activities but judging on the other contracts these OT's have gotten..I'm sure Elway will snag him soon. The most important part is we have him though.

• P Britton Colquitt tendered- No brainer. One of the games better punters with/without the altitude

• DT Kevin Vickerson re-signed- Who doesn't love them Big Vick? At his price as well...we are only improving.

• S David Bruton re-signed- Special teams ace. Nobody has made anymore plays on ST than this guy. Good value signing.

• LB D.J. Williams released- Good luck to him, won't miss him that much really.

• QB Caleb Hanie released- hahaha

• G Louis Vasquez signed- HELL of a signing. Completely shores up the RG and we'll be plowing through guys on the right side. Franklin + Vasquez?? Who gonna stop that?

• LB Stewart Bradley signed- Mehhh...could come up to steal the MLB but depth is always good to have.

• WR Wes Welker signed- (all that needs to be said)

• DT Terrance Knighton signed- Love it. Got one of JDR's guys...added more beef up the middle and added more pressure coming up the middle. Just giving more toys for JDR to play with.

• CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie signed- At the very least...he can't be any worse than Tracy Porter..right? Unfortunate for Porter to have his injuries and all but you have to believe in a better scheme with a better DC...he'll, at the very least, be better than Porter. Which are improvements.

• DE Elvis Dumervil released- Unfortunate how this whole situation occured but..I believe bottom line was that Doom wanted to get back at Elway. You got your wish Doom...but getting back at Elway is also telling us fans **** you too. So....**** you too Doom.

• CB Tony Carter signed his exclusive-rights free agent tender-Keeping another cover CB for cheap. As the saying goes...can't have enough CB's.

• Signed DL Mitch Unrein to a one-year free-agent tender- Decent rotational piece. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Signed T Chris Clark to a restricted free agent tender- Decent depth. We still don't have quality back OT's...but not like any other team does.

• RB Lance Ball signed his tender- He's just one of those guys who's been around for a bit...can't believe he'll be getting any consistent playing time without major injuries.

• LB Shaun Phillips signed- Absolutely loved this signing. Incredible value. Lose absolutely nothing, gain everything. 2 years older than Doom but younger than Freeney and Abraham and fits perfectly with the versatility of this defense...even better than Doom would of. His value will skyrocket his payrate. Bank on that.

Contracts of our players

• 28. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina- Coming into the draft, we could of went almost anywhere (besides the obvious)...we went front line and it's a dang good value pick. Completely solidifies the front line...and adds a new dimension of pressure into it.

• 58. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin- Vision, ball control, intelligence. The perfect Peyton manning RB. Not flashy but I get the feeling he'll be extremely efficient. Thinking Willis McGahee except quicker and MUCH MUCH better ball control.

• 90. Kayvon Webster, CB, South Florida- A pure system's pick that was drafted primarily to take care of TE's (imo). Will probably not earn up to the 3rd round status..but if he comes in and takes care of those pesky TE's that have destroyed us over the years ...then they will get away with it.

• 146. Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky- Can have the biggest effect out of anyone. No risk taking him here, but tons of value. Can't complain

• 161. Tavarres King, WR, Georgia- BPA (best player available). Can groom him into that slot role. Good value.

• 173. Vinston Painter, OT, Virginia Tech- project at OT...we'll see.

• 234. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio- I've seen from walterfootball that he could be 3-5 round pick...seems like it was a good value for this spot for him. At the very least can give Brock a run for his money.

vCash
    Elway: Montee Ball a draft 'gem'

John Elway said Tuesday that the Denver Broncos think they have "found a gem" in running back Montee Ball, who reminds the team's executive vice president of football operations of former teammate Terrell Davis.

"When we were watching Montee, the one thing that stood out about his running style is that it's a lot like Terrell Davis, and so that got us very excited, and we hope that Montee has an even longer career than Terrell had," said Elway, who made his comments at a fan forum for season-ticket holders.

Elway and Davis led the Broncos to back-to-back Super Bowl victories in the 1997-98 seasons. Davis was named the Super Bowl XXXII Most Valuable Player in 2007 after rushing for 157 yards and three touchdowns in the Broncos' 31-24 victory over the Green Bay Packers. In 1998, Davis was named the NFL's MVP after rushing for 2,008 yards and 21 touchdowns.

Davis rushed for 7,607 yards in seven seasons for the Broncos but a devastating knee injury in 1999 helped to derail his career. He retired after the 2001 season.

Elway praised Ball for his durability at Wisconsin, where he had 663 rushing attempts the past two seasons, rushing for 3,753 yards and 55 touchdowns.

"I have high expectations for him to come in and really help us with the running game," Elway said.

Matt Russell, the team's director of player personnel, was asked by a fan why the team selected Ball instead of former Alabama running back Eddie Lacy. Russell said the team was concerned about Lacy's toe injury which likely was a reason he fell to the 61st overall selection, made by the Packers, but also said the Broncos were very high on Ball, who the team picked 58th overall.

"We feel we have a career back in Montee Ball," he said.
    espn

vCash
    Robert Ayers in a rush to shine for the Denver Broncos

After a two-year hiatus, expectations of top-tier production have again been placed upon Robert Ayers.

"We put some pressure on Robert Ayers to step up and have a good year and be the player we think he can be," John Elway, the man who runs the Broncos' football operations, said recently.

The pressure and expectations on Ayers were never greater than in his rookie season, 2009. A defensive end from Tennessee, Ayers was drafted by the Broncos in the first round, No. 18 overall — eight picks ahead of where Green Bay selected Clay Matthews III.

First-round defensive ends are expected to get sacks. And sacks haven't been easy to come by for Ayers. He had zero in his rookie season and has only 6 in his four-year

"Sacks, they're tough to get. They really are," Ayers said. "But I do believe I can be a guy that gets a lot of sacks.

"My first two years, we had a coach where that wasn't necessarily his main objective. For example, I was dropping into coverage more than I was rushing the passer. So that's something that could go unnoticed.

"Sacks are about opportunity, it's about working, it's about being in the right place a lot of times and it's about having great talent. I feel like I'm going to work, I feel like I have talent, and I feel like this year, for the first year in my career, I'm going to have an opportunity to be put in a premier position to where I can rush the passer, contrary to the last few years."

A starting defensive end in 2010 and 2011, Ayers was replaced at the top of the depth chart last season by rookie Derek Wolfe. This year, the free-agent departure of right end Elvis Dumervil to the Baltimore Ravens means Ayers will become a starter again, though newcomer Shaun Phillips figures to play on passing downs.

Also, the Broncos drafted defensive end Quanterus Smith in the fifth round. He was a terrific pass rusher at Western Kentucky before suffering a knee injury in November.

"I think we more than replaced Elvis as far as being able to put pressure on the quarterback," Elway said. "Another great thing about us, you look where we were last year, we were No. 1 in the league in sacks and so we have a lot of people who can put pressure on the quarterback not only with individual, but also with what (defensive coordinator) Jack Del Rio does scheme-wise. So we're going to have the ability to continue to pressure people whether Elvis is here or not."

With apologies to Phillips, who turns 32 on Monday, and Smith, who figures to use the better part of his rookie season healing and learning, Ayers is the key to making Broncos fans forget Dumervil, who led the league in sacks in 2009 and had 20 the past two seasons.

No two NFL players progress at the same pace. For every Von Miller, who had 11 sacks through his first 12 games with the Broncos, there is a Chris Clemons, who didn't get his first double-digit sack season until he was 29 years old and with his fourth team, in year six.

Ayers won't turn 28 until Sept. 6 — the day after Denver plays its season opener against Dumervil and the Ravens.

"I'm not satisfied with any of it," Ayers said Wednesday of his career. "There's a lot that I feel like I should've done. Whether it be because of my maturity level or opportunity or whatever, I didn't do the things I wanted to do coming into this league.

"This year is an opportunity for me to try to get back on track to where I want to be. That's what I'm focusing on. This is a big year for me and a big year for this team. I'm looking forward to doing big things."
    DP

vCash
    Out of all the players on this team I think the one I'm looking forward to most is Ayers. Not counting the obvious choices (Welker, Manning, Von). I believe he can really step it up. Not to mention this is his make or break year to not be pushed down the depth chart. Not just in a Broncos uniform but probably his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky.:26185489
    Out of all the players on this team I think the one I'm looking forward to most is Ayers. Not counting the obvious choices (Welker, Manning, Von). I believe he can really step it up. Not to mention this is his make or break year to not be pushed down the depth chart. Not just in a Broncos uniform but probably his career.
    Seeing how ayers and rahim moore play this year is really intriguing. I expect above average seasons from both of them, but i also think they are the wildcards on the team. If they perform like we all know they can..... the league is in trouble.

vCash
    At this point, I'm not looking at Ayers in the pass rush. I just want that run defense solid as usual...JDR has enough weapons to use on the line, in the secondary, in the LB core to get creative to bring in the pressure. All Ayers needs to do is his main job...everything else will come into play.

vCash
    I'm most excited to see Knighton/Sly up the middle. It's been soooooooooooooooo long since we've had a pass rush up the middle.

vCash
    Vinston Painter has signed his contract.

vCash
    I really don't expect much from Ayers I think he is going to be average at best ...IMO If he had something to show he would have by now. It's not like he didn't have plenty of oppertunities to do so. I think next year our first pick is most likely going to be DE.

vCash
    Just take the last of the remaining money and sign a safety to complete the off season.

Kerry Rhodes, S
    Pro Football Focus ranked Rhodes the fourth-best safety last season, solid against both the run and pass. Surprisingly, few teams have expressed interest.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...raftFAs2013/4/

vCash
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m

From Total Access: Expect Dwight Freeney to start taking visits next week. I'm told 4-5 teams interested as his market heats up.
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m

Teams who've shown interest in Freeney: Broncos, Titans, DET. For some, June 1 could be big when money comes off the books if Freeney waits
    Looks like we are still interested in Freeney..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    I hope we're not too $$$ interested, he just isn't worth that much.

vCash
    From the sounds of it, Ronnie Hillman doing some work. "bigger ... he really looks like he's filled out" according to Adam Gase

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    From the sounds of it, Ronnie Hillman doing some work. "bigger ... he really looks like he's filled out" according to Adam Gase
    Called it. Knew he would tack on more weight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Can't hurt to have another pass rusher...we know he won't get significant snaps and he won't get paid that much.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast