Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Denver Broncos, Quentin Jammer agree to contract

Quentin Jammer is staying in the AFC West.

The veteran cornerback signed with the Denver Broncos on Wednesday, the team announced. Jammer spent his first 11 seasons with the San Diego Chargers.

This is a depth move by the Broncos, who already signed cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie during the early stages of free agency. Jammer's play has slipped with age (he'll be 34 in June), but he deepens the roster of an AFC favorite. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport noted that the Broncos' director of football administration is Mike Sullivan, who used to serve as Jammer's agent.

"Great team. Great coaches," Jammer said when asked why he signed with the Broncos, according to DenverBroncos.com editor Gray Caldwell. "I'm looking forward to winning a lot of football games."

Jammer will be greeted by some familiar faces in Denver. Shaun Phillips, Louis Vasquez and Jacob Hester are all current Broncos with Chargers ties.

"It's great to have familiar faces," Jammer said.

Jammer could be converted to safety, while serving as insurance at cornerback. It's the role the Broncos had in mind for Charles Woodson, who signed with the Oakland Raiders last week after a visit with the Broncos.
    -NFL.com

I've always liked Jammer for some reason. Another quality signing, especially if he is converted to safety as the article hints at.

vCash
    Have to be being brought in to backup the safety spot behind Rahim. Cant see him beating out anyone for a CB spot on our roster.

vCash
    I really like this if he plays safety. It's good to have a guy that can play both safety and corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OZBronco View Post
    Have to be being brought in to backup the safety spot behind Rahim. Cant see him beating out anyone for a CB spot on our roster.
    I think he will be pushing Mike Adams for the starting spot for the most part. That was the idea with Woodson from what local analysts were saying before he went to the Raiders. Denver seems to play a lot in the Dime formation though. There's speculation he'll play some CB there.

vCash
    I could actually see him pushing drc for the spot because while DrC is gifted physically jammer has at least 1 good year with his experience aiding him

vCash
    Just another option of covering the TE's. I can't argue with it. That was the entire purpose of getting Woodson..just to cover TE's. We got the depth we were looking for....JDR will utilize him properly. Good fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    I could actually see him pushing drc for the spot because while DrC is gifted physically jammer has at least 1 good year with his experience aiding him
    Think Bolden has a better shot of pushing DRC than Jammer. Jammer is here to enhance the dime package. If he's taking a starting CB spot...we might be in trouble.

vCash
    A little comp never hurt anyone. If he wins a spot then so be it. I think it pushes everyone in our back field. I kinda like the pick up.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash

vCash
    Backup safety allday long. Were already 7 deep at corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID:26330402
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Think Bolden has a better shot of pushing DRC than Jammer. Jammer is here to enhance the dime package. If he's taking a starting CB spot...we might be in trouble.
    Harris has the best shot of pushing drc....

vCash
    Harris is already the starting corner oppo of champ im talking about the nickel CB spot

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    I see Harris as #2 in base, he'll move inside to the slot in 3 wide formations. Jammar is depth, quality depth. He'll be in dime packages and as a spell safety only unless injury. I dont see him playing more snaps at safety than CB tho.

vCash
    CB- Champ, DRC
    Nickelback- Harris
    FS- Moore
    SS-Carter

With Jammer and Adams as backups.
    Young Guns

vCash
    I'd personally like to see DRC on the outside and Harris in the nickel. No slight on Harris, I think he's one of the best young corners in the game right now. But having DRC's size and speed on the outside is a plus. It wasn't very long ago the DRC himself was one of the best young corners in the league, and having him lock on with bigger receivers allows Harris to freelance from the nickel. The one thing that this defense has lacked is playmakers in the secondary. Rahim Moore was drafted to fit that bill, but he's still a work in progress. Champ Bailey doesn't get thrown at enough to be that guy, Mike Adams is a down-in-the-box safety. Quinton Carter could be that guy, but he's always a developmental player too.

DRC and Harris could be the playmakers we've been waiting for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast