Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Josh Smith?

vCash
    Players get the amount of shot attempts they deserve based on talent, Monroe didn't get most of his buckets from plays that were called for him, so calling more plays for him doesn't really seems logical, and the better Knight, Drummond, English etc... all get, it will be less and less touches for Monroe. He will always be an efficient scorer because he doesn't force much, but that doesn't make him a good scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Players get the amount of shot attempts they deserve based on talent, Monroe didn't get most of his buckets from plays that were called for him, so calling more plays for him doesn't really seems logical, and the better Knight, Drummond, English etc... all get, it will be less and less touches for Monroe. He will always be an efficient scorer because he doesn't force much, but that doesn't make him a good scorer.
    Uh... I don't know what team you were watching, but at the beginning of the season when Monroe really looked like he was about to break out, we were going to him early and often. In his 30+, 16 reb game against bogut and the bucks, he was getting the ball in the post. Monroe had a tough game against Dalembert in Houston and a tough game against Pekovic in Minnesota, then Ben Wallace, followed by Maxiell, were put into the starting line up, who then clogged the paint, and we stopped going to Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    In games where Moose had double digit shot attempts, he averaged 18.9 PPG. (Just my calculations, you're welcome to check it yourself.) To think that if he averaged 13-14 attempts per game, (or 3-4 more attempts per game than this year) he couldn't get 3 more points per game is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    He got more shots in better matchups i'm sure, that's how it works, unfortunately he doesn't match up well against more guys.

vCash
    I guess thats why Tayshaun led the team in FGA per game, right?

Prince took 12.8 shots per game, Monroe took 11.8 shots per game, Knight took 11.7 shots per game. Monroe is a lot better than both of them. Knight was one of the worst starting PG's in the league last season and Prince had the worst season of his career.
    Last edited by Gators123; 10-29-2012 at 08:17 AM.

vCash
    Smith will do nothing for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    I guess thats why Tayshaun led the team in FGA per game, right?

Prince took 12.8 shots per game, Monroe took 11.8 shots per game, Knight took 11.7 shots per game. Monroe is a lot better than both of them. Knight was one of the worst starting PG's in the league last season and Prince had the worst season of his career.
    If Monroe got more shots he wouldn't be as efficient and I really don't think it would equate to more wins either. It's really that simple.

vCash
    If Monroe got more shots he wouldn't be as efficient and I really don't think it would equate to more wins either. It's really that simple.
    I don't think it is that simple. Moose would only become less efficient if he didn't progress at all. As far as wins, I think it would help a bit, but wouldn't help us turn the corner.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678