Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Smith?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo View Post
    Why wouldn't this guy fit at small forward?

Athleticism would still be there in his thirties.
    I don't see him as a complementing piece to our current roster. He would be somewhat out of position as a SF on our team. We need a 6'7"+ wing, that can keep the defense honest(outside shooting), play good defense and smart basketball(Prince 6-8 years ago). I see Middleton being close to that mark in 2 years. For the price Smith it would take to land Smith, I think we could spend our money in a better way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    I agree Gram-ness.
    Thanks stud!

I used to love Josh Smith. I thought he was sick. I still think he's cool and all but I wouldn't really want him here. Perimeter scoring is what we need now.

vCash
    I dont know about perimeter scoring I'd say we need to score in the paint.

We also need someone to defend Lebron, score on lebron, rebound on lebron

We need elite athletes and Josh smith is a no brainer at the small forward

vCash
    Last night Lebron made it LOOK SOOO EASYY. If we want to build a championship team than we need guys that can play. We need talent. Defense.

So far I am pretty convinced that Drummond is going to be elite in this league. I saw him get a rebound over lebron. I saw him grab the ball in mid-air over lebron and dunk it backwards. He ALSO GAVE lebron a challenge on the boards. Those are the type of players we need. Guys that have something specific to their game thats elite in some way, whether its rebounding, 3-pt shooting, defense. something.

vCash
    I dont know about perimeter scoring I'd say we need to score in the paint.

We also need someone to defend Lebron, score on lebron, rebound on lebron

We need elite athletes and Josh smith is a no brainer at the small forward
    Well, besides the Heat, every team needs a player like that. Being arguably the best player in the league, can anybody do all those things against him?

Smith is a great athlete, but not elite. If we signed him to a contract for say 5yrs/50mil$(10 mil$ per), where would we have the money to upgrade our backup PG, and extend Monroe and Knight in the next 2 yrs? I think it would be a contract we would end up regretting.

vCash
    Well, besides the Heat, every team needs a player like that. Being arguably the best player in the league, can anybody do all those things against him?

Smith is a great athlete, but not elite. If we signed him to a contract for say 5yrs/50mil$(10 mil$ per), where would we have the money to upgrade our backup PG, and extend Monroe and Knight in the next 2 yrs? I think it would be a contract we would end up regretting.
    Royce white? lol

when your building a championship team your going to have guys that are going to cost you alot of money. We would not need to worry about paying backups. You'll have that money tied up to your best players. Also, with 33 million coming into the clearing soon, you'll have enough money to give knight and monroe and smith. Knight will get 7-8 mill monroe will get 8-9 mill and smith 10 mill. That still leaves alot of money.

But do we really want to sign monroe to max contract? what has he showed us against the NBA best? has he been dominant? he needs to answer these for me this year.

vCash
    Royce white? lol

when your building a championship team your going to have guys that are going to cost you alot of money. We would not need to worry about paying backups. You'll have that money tied up to your best players. Also, with 33 million coming into the clearing soon, you'll have enough money to give knight and monroe and smith. Knight will get 7-8 mill monroe will get 8-9 mill and smith 10 mill. That still leaves alot of money.

But do we really want to sign monroe to max contract? what has he showed us against the NBA best? has he been dominant? he needs to answer these for me this year.
    33 mil$ seems a bit high, I just don't see it happening. After this season(when we would be offering Moose an extention) we will see what Monroe is worth. I just don't want to see that much money wrapped up in 3 players(roughly 45% of the cap). We are not LA, Miami, Boston or NY.

vCash
    We would be the worse offensive team in the NBA....unless we get a SG capable of scoring about 25ppg

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    I want Gay on this team. Rudy Gay that is.. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    We would be the worse offensive team in the NBA....unless we get a SG capable of scoring about 25ppg
    get kevin martin, josh smith, demarcus cousins. Problems solved.

vCash
    I can totally see joe making a serious move this year

vCash
    Delusional

vCash
    33 mil$ seems a bit high, I just don't see it happening. After this season(when we would be offering Moose an extention) we will see what Monroe is worth. I just don't want to see that much money wrapped up in 3 players(roughly 45% of the cap). We are not LA, Miami, Boston or NY.
    Why cant we be like them. We once had a team filled with high salary guys. Are you saying that bc your just not sure if its going to work and you dont want that much money tied up like how ben gordon and cv didnt work?

I raelly dont want moose on this team. Joe d is way too loyal and his heart is way too soft to be a GM, imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Delusional
    Lol why not we have the money to spend for at two guys? We can probably trade for kevin martin

vCash
    I'd trade for Kevin Martin if he was younger and still played the way he did in Sactown. Other than that no.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast