Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Smith?

vCash
    I dont think Cousins would even want to sign here.Everyone thinks he wants to be a Piston because he made a coment that he hopes his practice with us before the draft goes good.The Pistons was the most respectable and best franchise out of the lottery teams so naturally he would probably rather play here than for the Kings but I could be wrong.

vCash
    After drafting Drummond we won't need Cousins, everything that DMC is known to doing Drummond can do, defend, play above the rim, etc. We honestly need a makeover at our SF position, total gluttony there. I agree with fadedmario in that i'd like to see Rudy Gay in a Pistons jersey.

Dathomir Rancors (5-2)

vCash
    Rudy Gay is a pipe dream guys, and he's ridiculously overpaid too.

vCash
    Kevin martin is only 29 and he shoots lights out still. Who would you rather have as our 2 guard? english? middleton? stuckey? tyreke evans? I'd pick martin over all those guys in a heart beat. Also, Josh smith gives lebron trouble every time miami plays atlanta. I would take josh smith over rudy gay in a second. Furthermore, demarcus cousins is truly a power forward who can shoot. Charles barkley said that cousins is the best player out of that draft class. The pistons would be sick. IMO everyone is trade-able except drumming and knight

vCash
    I'm just really pissed off the way pistons performed against miami. It was pathetic

vCash
    we need a jumpshooter/slasher not josh smith who will not be help to this team when the rest of the players are ready to contend, he isnt great and in a few years he will not be all that athletic and will be the cause of a ugly cap situation, also he is inconsistent on offense; not a good shooter not got to move doesnt move great without the ball, he might be able to turn this into a bottom feeding playoff team for about 3 years but in the long run he will be what hurts this team
    POP! POP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo View Post
    Why cant we be like them. We once had a team filled with high salary guys. Are you saying that bc your just not sure if its going to work and you dont want that much money tied up like how ben gordon and cv didnt work?

I raelly dont want moose on this team. Joe d is way too loyal and his heart is way too soft to be a GM, imo.
    Let me break it down for ya. We are not a "large" market, we don't bring in the revenue( cable contracts, attendance, merch sales, etc). Owners are more willing to spend in the luxury tax when they are making tons of money, period. Notice how smaller markets have to build through the draft or are added to a major trade between larger markets? In 2004, our roster cost 53.3 mil$(17th in the league), so that is a moot point. I don't think any GM in the league would want the Gordon/Villenueva debacle on their hands, correct me if I am wrong. I just don't think that Smith would fit on our current roster.

I won't comment on the Monroe thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    no thanks,He would play out of position or or force drummond or moose to the bench and will also be on a decline in a few years taking all our cash.
    I thought the same.

Back in the day ...

vCash
    Kevin martin is only 29 and he shoots lights out still. Who would you rather have as our 2 guard? english? middleton? stuckey? tyreke evans? I'd pick martin over all those guys in a heart beat. Also, Josh smith gives lebron trouble every time miami plays atlanta. I would take josh smith over rudy gay in a second. Furthermore, demarcus cousins is truly a power forward who can shoot. Charles barkley said that cousins is the best player out of that draft class. The pistons would be sick. IMO everyone is trade-able except drumming and knight
    Kevin Martin is good for fantasy basketball and on paper ; there's a reason a young rebuilding team like Sacramento decided to move him- he takes up 20+ shots a game and leaves little room for development concerning other backcourt players.

Tyreke on the other hand has not hit his ceiling - I've always been interested in a player that can post 20-5-5 as a rookie. Last year they didn't run the offense through him and his stats dipped. I would much rather have Evans than Stuckey anyday.

Can I ask why you don't like Moose ?

Back in the day ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KaganRS View Post
    Kevin Martin is good for fantasy basketball and on paper ; there's a reason a young rebuilding team like Sacramento decided to move him- he takes up 20+ shots a game and leaves little room for development concerning other backcourt players.

Tyreke on the other hand has not hit his ceiling - I've always been interested in a player that can post 20-5-5 as a rookie. Last year they didn't run the offense through him and his stats dipped. I would much rather have Evans than Stuckey anyday.

Good post.

vCash
    I would have jumped all over Smith about 3 years ago, but I feel like his age is going to catch up with him very soon. I do agree that we need to figure out the SF position tho, and I'd like to see us pick up an established player in the off season or trade deadline with some of our cap space, but I don't think smith is it.

I would love to see Tyreke in a Piston's Jersey

I actually like Trevor Ariza as well, not sure what the Wizards have planned for him but if he was a decent price I think I would like to give him a shot

I am glad I dont have to be a GM because it is pretty hard to figure out who fits where and who is worth how much. Gives me a head ache.

vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by KaganRS View Post

Rip Hamilton takes more shots per game than kevin Martin and Martin is a better scorer than rip as well

Monroe is overrated . Unathletic overrated Unathletic overrated Unathletic oh and overted and Unathletic

vCash
    Rip Hamilton takes more shots per game than kevin Martin and Martin is a better scorer than rip as well

Monroe is overrated . Unathletic overrated Unathletic overrated Unathletic oh and overted and Unathletic
    What Greg loses in athletic ability he gains in fundamentals and skill. Drummond will cover for his flaws in the athletic department.

Dathomir Rancors (5-2)

vCash
    Why does Monroe have to be Athletic?I have a problem with his defense but other than that he does what you want your big man to do in scoring and rebounding and he does both very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Why does Monroe have to be Athletic?I have a problem with his defense but other than that he does what you want your big man to do in scoring and rebounding and he does both very well.
    I agree. Players have their strong points, not everyone is going to be good at everything. I think Monroe is a great player and he will only get better when he moves to PF and plays next to Drummond.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast