Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

If you start him, fans will come..

Until Drummond is starting over Maxiell, I doubt the Palace has a strong attendance.

We have severe attendance issues right now, and it seems the FO and the coach want to run out the most boring team in the league.

I understand Frank wants them to earn it, but Drummond was our most impressive and exciting player out of EVERYONE. That's fact.

He earned it.

Until they figure this out, the Palace will remain empty.

vCash
    For the record, Maxiell is starting for those of you who don't know.

vCash
    To an extent that is true but also if the team doesn't win people won't go. Why pay the money to see them play if you know they are going to lose? They have to rebuild that winning reputation and then the fans will really come. I'd go to 4 or 5 games though if I knew AD was going to start and get some real playing time.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    When Drummond truly gets ESPN coverage and fan support, Gores will force Frank to start him. If it means more money in his pocket why not?

vCash
    idk if any of yall went to the game last night but i went to all 4 home preseason games and last night is the first time there were chants of "we want drummond". he is going to have to start soon. he should now but by game 15-20 he has to be a starter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detzfish View Post
    idk if any of yall went to the game last night but i went to all 4 home preseason games and last night is the first time there were chants of "we want drummond". he is going to have to start soon. he should now but by game 15-20 he has to be a starter
    Yeah there was some reporter tweeting about it, and there were fans near the bench yelling it to Frank as well.

vCash
    I did Drummond's per 36 numbers, and the clip he's been playing at is ridiculous.

19.6 ppg
    12.9 rpg
    3.1 blocks
    1.3 steals

and unfortunately he averages exactly 6 fouls per game heh.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    A lot of young big men get into foul trouble their early years...I'm okay with 6 fouls/game if he gets us 10/12/2blks before he fouls out

#****Broyles

vCash
    He needs to start. Maxiell is an energy guy off the bench. Thats about it.

vCash
    Yeah, I agree. I totally get Frank wanting him to "earn it" and I respect how that philosophy can work on much of the team, but when your best guy a a position is leaps and bounds better then the guy below him then it almost seems counter productive to leave him out because its going to cause the team to lose games as well as morale. I am excited to see Drummond vs Bynum, Drummond vs Dwight Howard, Drummond vs KG. Its gonna be a fun and very interesting season.
    Last edited by kduce; 10-29-2012 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Look on the bright side. I think everyone is correct, Drummond will eventually start, at the latest- Allstar break.

OTOH, it's in Frank's best interest to do it this way. First, unless you're KD or A. Davis, having a underclassman rookie (even if taken in the lottery) to automatically come in and start might create some locker room problems. Frank is right, he has to "earn it." However, if he isn't starting means we're playing good, winning ball. Why screw up a rotation. Or, we play lousy and are getting killed on the boards, Frank has to bring in Drummond.

If he stays with a rotation the first 10-15 games and it isn't performing, he can then make wholesale changes, bringing JJ to SF and Prince to the second 5, along with J-Max.

Knight
    Stuck
    Drummond
    JJ
    Monroe

Prince
    J-Max
    Maggette
    Bynum
    Slava

vCash
    Jerebko wouldn't be the guy that would get the start if Prince got pulled, IMO they would go Maggette, Singler, or possibly even Daye before Jerebko.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Jerebko wouldn't be the guy that would get the start if Prince got pulled, IMO they would go Maggette, Singler, or possibly even Daye before Jerebko.
    I think they are liking Singler a bit, Maggette is he is healthy. I would rather have Middleton get a look before Daye, obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    I think they are liking Singler a bit, Maggette is he is healthy. I would rather have Middleton get a look before Daye, obviously.
    I'm just going by what I think they would do