Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Open Scrimmage report

I went to the Clippers open scrimmage today at Galen Center. It was a great experience. The highlight was a meet and greet and photo opp with a group of players after the event. There were 3 groups of players and you only got to meet 1 depending on the color wrist band you had. You couldn't see any of the players as they were hidden by curtains. I thought for sure it would be guys like Fortson, Blakley, Leslie ect. However as I walk around the curtain I stood in amazement as my group had Lamar Odom...and Chris Paul!!! It also had Green, Blakley and Turiaf. I think it was Green and Blakley but honestly I'm not sure because I was mad star struck by getting to meet and shake hands with CP3!

As for the scrimmage. I think there is a lot of important information to report and it's mostly bad. First of all, Chauncey will not be ready for opening night. He is not close to full speed. He was shooting around, but can only jog and has a noticeable limp when he does. He looks to be 10-12 weeks away. Grant Hill does not look to be a big part of the team. At least at this point. He didn't enter the scrimmage at all and barely participated in the drills. He may be banged up, but I haven't seen anything. Lamar Odom had an ice pack on his left knee during the meet and greet.

As we all know Chris Paul is not practicing with the team and let me say...they look terrible without him. Bledsoe was running the 1st team, and some undrafted rookie the 2nd team and let me tell you we will not win many games without CP3. Hopefully he is 100% by opening night. Willie Green was running with the starters and looked awful!! Bledsoe and Green are an awful starting backcourt. Barnes was running with the 2nd team over Hill. Barnes looked to be in good shape and played well. The backups tied the starters 31-31. Blake was at the foul line to end the scrimmage. His team was down 1, everyone was chanting "overtime" and he made 1 of 2. It was pretty funny, but the game ended in a tie.

There really aren't many positives to speak on, but it was only an early training camp practice. Blake looks 100% and that is a big positive. His shooting form looks a lot better, but he did not look confidant in his shot during the scrimmage and played poorly against guys like Hollins, Turiaf and some white guy from BYU who wears #44...he will not make the team. Travis Leslie played well. However I look at that as a negative, he was going against our 1st team!! Butler and Crawford look to be in great shape and had solid games. Crawford had a DOPE crossover!

The biggest plus was DJ! He was terrible during the scrimmage. He had a really bad game. That said, he looks WAY better! I read he lost weight and he has, he looks to be in great shape! His shot looks way better! He has added a drop step to his game. He dropped back and took a little 8 foot fade away jumper. He gets up really good on his jump shot and his form was nice. That said he missed LOL! He also had a drop step, up and under move ala The Dream. He missed that too. However he was decisive both times and looked comfortable and fluid making the move. Making the shots will come in time, but he def learned some ish this summer!

Well that's about it. Hopefully this information is useful to you!
    Last edited by Cracka2HI!; 10-04-2012 at 02:59 AM.

vCash
    That is pretty sweet. I do think he'll re-sign with the Clips, especially if they make it as far as the WCF, which they can do.

I think the whole NY thing is really overrated. Amare is on the decline while Blake is on the rise. The only appeal really between LA and NY is Melo. This is why the Clips need to get that 3rd legit all-star/borderline superstar in the next 2 yrs and form their own big 3.

Lamar's $8.2M, Chauncey's 4M come off the books next summer. They have good cap flexibility moving forward.

vCash
    I edited that part out because I don't want this to be a bait thread. I'm glad you got to read it tho. If we re-sign CP3 we won't have flexibility anymore. This team will have to be a big 2 with a bunch of really good supporting parts. If we had a better coach I would be really excited about this year. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to this season more than any ever! I think the Clippers have a good enough roster to win it this year! I don't think they have a good enough coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I edited that part out because I don't want this to be a bait thread. I guess you can't change the title tho so it's probably still going to. If we re-sign CP3 we won't have flexibility anymore. This team will have to be a big 2 with a bunch of really good supporting parts. If we had a better coach I would be really excited about this year. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to this season more than any ever! I think the Clippers have a good enough roster to win it this year! I don't think they have a good enough coach.
    Yea, the coach has to change for sure, and the guy to take over under the bright lights of LA is a guy who would probably be willing to work under Donald Sterling once again as he's done it before, and he would be the perfect type of guy for this team...

Larry Brown! With DeAndre's length and shot blocking, he can be like the Ben Wallace, the Clips could keep Chauncey on less $ going forward (Chauncey and Larry reunite) and Caron plays the Tayshaun role.

This personnel would be perfect for Larry Brown.

vCash
    That's some great stuff Cracka. I was contemplating whether to skip class and go to the scrimmage, but I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I said screw it. Now I wish I had gone so I could have potentially met a few of the players too.

I'm not worried about the injuries. We're so deep that it doesn't concern me at all. As long as we don't lose Blake or CP3 for any extended period of time, we'll be fine.

vCash
    I already assume he'd stay, just waiting to resign.. because financially that's the best thing to do.

vCash
    i saw bobby simmons at a mike jones concert back in the day. he said he would resign with the clips after he had that one good season. i know it was a different team. point is, words are words until he signs.

vCash
    Are you mocking me kyle!! LOL

vCash
    Here's the pic. I'm on one knee in the middle with the white *** arms LOL!

https://plus.google.com/photos/11824...LCEpbLPiK6P6AE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apet8945 View Post
    That's some great stuff Cracka. I was contemplating whether to skip class and go to the scrimmage, but I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I said screw it. Now I wish I had gone so I could have potentially met a few of the players too.

I'm not worried about the injuries. We're so deep that it doesn't concern me at all. As long as we don't lose Blake or CP3 for any extended period of time, we'll be fine.
    You could only meet the players if you are or were with a season ticket holder. Every season ticket holder gets 4 passes to meet the players. I might have access to an extra pass next season. It's worth going to for sure if you are with a season ticket holder.
    Last edited by Cracka2HI!; 10-18-2012 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI!:23990091
    Are you mocking me kyle!! LOL
    no man, not at all. that really happened... i was mad at him until he ended up sucking

vCash
    That's pretty cool man! I didn't really take you to be a Mike Jones fan!

I took down what I posted about my brief talk with Chris Paul about 15 minutes after I posted it. I realize how big of a tool it made it me look like because any idiot on the net can say **** like that. Not only that what else would he say? I was so stoked I couldn't help it at first. Meeting Chris Paul was one of the coolest things thats ever happened to me! I couldn't change the thread title tho.