Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    I have always said that I thought GSP would beat Silva but I haven't seen GSP fight in a while. He would have to fight a perfect 5 rounds essentially but I can still see him taking Silva down and boring out a decision if he doesn't get caught.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    I have always said that I thought GSP would beat Silva but I haven't seen GSP fight in a while. He would have to fight a perfect 5 rounds essentially but I can still see him taking Silva down and boring out a decision if he doesn't get caught.
    no way man.

vCash
    I second that ^

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    GSP First, Jon "Joke" Jones next...

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Its interesting how Silva can be looked at in a bad way for calling out GSP. Its not like he is calling out Koschek he is calling out the GOAT of 170lbs class. I understand the size argument that some have stated but its not like GSP is going to sit there and take punishment he is a very intelligent fighter he will gameplan for this fight if it were to happen. GSP is highly skilled and would bring the fight, but ultimately I think Silva would win because of skill being more of a factor then size. Body mass Silva is a bigger guy he is 6'2 and GSP is 5'10 but when it comes to reach Silva has a little over 1.5 inch advantage. Which is much less then if he was to fight Jones where Jones would have over 6.5 inch reach advantage. Just a question for the guys that think Anderson is going the easy route for calling out the "smaller" GSP. If Jones was to call out the "smaller" Silva would it be viewed the same? I am not defending anyone either way I would love to see a combo of any of these superfights.
    I guess it would be about the same as Jones calling out Silva. I still definitely want to see this fight, one of the reasons I hope GSP loses his belt, even though he won't. Personally though I think Silva has a better chance of beating Jones than GSP does beating Silva. Silva has fought at LHW and proved just as dominant, he has also beat most of the contenders in that division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    I think he has the ability to finish from the top. Unlike Chael, GSP actually does have solid submission grappling. And Anderson has shown holes in his top game before.

vCash
    On tonight's episode of UFC Tonight, Ariel Helwani reported that Anderson Silva will indeed be attending UFC 154 next Saturday in Montreal:

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Helwani
    “There are a lot of interesting story lines unfolding going into UFC 154 and it just got more interesting. According to Anderson Silva’s manager, he will be going to Montreal and he will have a front row seat. When he was asked why he was going, he said maybe to call out GSP if he wins. Silva doesn’t really travel to many fights, especially if he is not fighting. I can see potential there for a great super fight between GSP and Silva if it all pans out.”
    -----

vCash

"Anderson is waiting for GSP" - Ed Soares

Sounds pretty promising

vCash
    Dana White said today that if GSP wins they are gonna try to set up Silva vs GSP at Cowboys Stadium sometime in early 2013. Said that they have already worked out the venue and that the venue is glad to have something of that magnitude.

I will believe it when I see it.... Also this likely means that Carlos Condit is gonna knock GSP out given the way things seem to work out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Dana White said today that if GSP wins they are gonna try to set up Silva vs GSP at Cowboys Stadium sometime in early 2013. Said that they have already worked out the venue and that the venue is glad to have something of that magnitude.

I will believe it when I see it.... Also this likely means that Carlos Condit is gonna knock GSP out given the way things seem to work out.
    im the only that thinks condit can ko gsp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    im the only that thinks condit can ko gsp.
    Matt Serra did it.... I'm pretty sure that Carlos Condit is more than capable of it as well. Especially coming off such a long layoff where at one point Georges St. Pierre even talked to his management about retirement.

vCash
    Matt Serra did it.... I'm pretty sure that Carlos Condit is more than capable of it as well. Especially coming off such a long layoff where at one point Georges St. Pierre even talked to his management about retirement.
    well it wasnt a ko it was tko and that was pretty fluke. condit is the real deal, he hits harder than gsp and can take a punch better. obviously though gsp's plan is to take him down most likely and probably will. but i really think condit can pull it off.

vCash
    That's when GSP wasn't a point fighter and actually tried to knock guys out. After that moment, he's just suffocated people via grappling.

Carlos Condit stands little to no chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    That's when GSP wasn't a point fighter and actually tried to knock guys out. After that moment, he's just suffocated people via grappling.

Carlos Condit stands little to no chance.
    I think the biggest threat to GSP is the ring rust. The first round of the match and the pacing of the match are problems I could see for GSP.

Secondly, I think GSP could know what is looming in the Silva fight, and that could take him mentally off his game a bit.

Condit I think needs to have a big first round and really set the tone of the match.

All that being said, GSP is just such a machine that I think he wins by unanimous desicion...like most of his other matches.

Dream scenario is that he comes out and KO's Condit and viscious fashion setting up for the match we've all been waiting for.

vCash
    Dana said Anderson will likely step into the cage and challange GSP at UFC 154 if he wins his fight with Condit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast