Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    when was dw pushing hard to make that fight? if you think silva is scared of any fighter you're delusional. silva would kill machida but it wont ever happen for a lot of reasons one of them being the fact they're great friends.
    How long have you been following MMA? Seriously because before Machida-Shogun that was the fight he really wanted to make.

vCash
    Franklin was an unbeatable champion at the time.
    Griffen was a champ at the weight class above Silva.

Honestly, I think GSP can beat Anderson. But I think it's foolish in current MMA, to look at any long term champ and call their opponents clowns. Honestly, it's bias IMO, nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    How long have you been following MMA? Seriously because before Machida-Shogun that was the fight he really wanted to make.
    Dana says he wants to do all sorts of things and then contradicts himself. Using DW's words as an argument for anything is ridiculous.

vCash
    maybe he mentioned it but definitely wasnt pushing hard for that fight. he REALLY wants as vs jj.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Franklin was an unbeatable champion at the time.
    Griffen was a champ at the weight class above Silva.

Honestly, I think GSP can beat Anderson. But I think it's foolish in current MMA, to look at any long term champ and call their opponents clowns. Honestly, it's bias IMO, nothing more.
    Well thats just the thing. I haven't looked at pretty much any GSP or JJ opponents and thought they were jokes but please tell me when you saw Irvin, Bonnar, Leities, Cote, Maia, Okami you didn't laugh out loud. Those were pathetic opponents on paper AT THE TIME.

vCash
    Dana says he wants to do all sorts of things and then contradicts himself. Using DW's words as an argument for anything is ridiculous.
    What do you mean? EVERYONE wanted to see that fight at the time when Machida was deemed "unbeatable".

vCash
    Well thats just the thing. I haven't looked at pretty much any GSP or JJ opponents and thought they were jokes but please tell me when you saw Irvin, Bonnar, Leities, Cote, Maia, Okami you didn't laugh out loud. Those were pathetic opponents on paper AT THE TIME.
    Laugh at Okami or Maia? Really? Maia just squeezed a dude so hard he shot blood out of his nose.

Seriously though, we can pick at any man's opponents. Jones fought Bonnar. Heck, he couldn't finish him, Anderson did. Jones fought Hamill. And Bader. Are these guys killers? Jones fought Belfort. So did Anderson. Is it more impressive that the guy Vitor's weight finished him vastly quicker than the guy who is bigger did?

What about GSP? Every man he's fought is a stud? Dan Hardy isn't a joke? What about Shields? Or Serra... Wait, he lost to him

Maybe it's worth looking at it another way.... How many of the dudes Jon Jones has beaten do you think could beat Anderson? The only guy I see as a potential foil is Rashad.

And given that Anderson is a guy who used to make 170, same question. Because I can't see most of the WWs GSP has beaten having much to offer Silva. I do feel like Fitch would have some vague, outside chance.

What do you mean? EVERYONE wanted to see that fight at the time when Machida was deemed "unbeatable".
    I still want to see that.

I feel like this thread has went to a place where it's about degrading the accomplishments of Anderson Silva. That is a joke. This man has mauled and toyed with his opposition in an insane manner. We now watch him with expectations he's going to destroy his foe in the most ludicrous manner. I want to see him fight Jones. I also want to see him fight GSP. Or Rashad. Or Lyoto. Heck, I want to see him fight Frank Mir. At this point, anything the man does is worth watching. And whining about him not fighting Jones is a joke. We get to see one of the greatest P4P fighters of all time beating people up. So if he opts for GSP, so be it. It's an amazing fight.

vCash
    Laugh at Okami or Maia? Really? Maia just squeezed a dude so hard he shot blood out of his nose.

Seriously though, we can pick at any man's opponents. Jones fought Bonnar. Heck, he couldn't finish him, Anderson did. Jones fought Hamill. And Bader. Are these guys killers? Jones fought Belfort. So did Anderson. Is it more impressive that the guy Vitor's weight finished him vastly quicker than the guy who is bigger did?

What about GSP? Every man he's fought is a stud? Dan Hardy isn't a joke? What about Shields? Or Serra... Wait, he lost to him

Maybe it's worth looking at it another way.... How many of the dudes Jon Jones has beaten do you think could beat Anderson? The only guy I see as a potential foil is Rashad.

And given that Anderson is a guy who used to make 170, same question. Because I can't see most of the WWs GSP has beaten having much to offer Silva. I do feel like Fitch would have some vague, outside chance.
    I'm not talking about hindsight about talking abotu at the moment and Bones was a prospect when he beat Bonner not the consensus #1 P4P. Shields was coming off wins of Hendo and Kampmann and wins over Daley and Condit. He was very legit.

vCash
    Hahahaha.. Some of this is funny.. Now its not a superfight? haha.. GSP is better than all of the fighters Anderson has fought.. Period.. GSP will mix his game up rather nicely and can win a decision.. If GSP can finish AS, whether that be by submission or TKO, then his legend tops all.. GSP is fast and very skilled and will come in with a gameplan to beat him.. Id gander that he'd train with Jon Jones for that fight.. In order for GSP to fight Anderson, id think hed want to dominate Condit.

vCash
    Id like to see silva beat the crap out of gsp

vCash
    lol

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    same here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    I'd like to see them beat the crap out of each other. I want to see both of them pushed as hard as they ever have been, and see who the better fighter is. Fans of both make P4P claims, and there is one sure way to settle it.

Let's get rrrrrrrrready to rrrrrrrumble!
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    whats realy funny is there is talk of AS fighting jones. if that is the case then will gsp ever fight AS?
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    silva should fight diaz, gsp then jones.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast