Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    MMA fans are so fickle. We've been calling for this fight for how long? I realize it's delayed, but this is still a superfight.

vCash
    MMA fans are so fickle. We've been calling for this fight for how long? I realize it's delayed, but this is still a superfight.

I'll take GSP/Silva and Bones getting torn apart on national TV over pretty much anything.
    I've said the whole time GSP is going to get rolled over if he steps into the ring with Silva and Silva knows this.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Its interesting how Silva can be looked at in a bad way for calling out GSP. Its not like he is calling out Koschek he is calling out the GOAT of 170lbs class. I understand the size argument that some have stated but its not like GSP is going to sit there and take punishment he is a very intelligent fighter he will gameplan for this fight if it were to happen. GSP is highly skilled and would bring the fight, but ultimately I think Silva would win because of skill being more of a factor then size. Body mass Silva is a bigger guy he is 6'2 and GSP is 5'10 but when it comes to reach Silva has a little over 1.5 inch advantage. Which is much less then if he was to fight Jones where Jones would have over 6.5 inch reach advantage. Just a question for the guys that think Anderson is going the easy route for calling out the "smaller" GSP. If Jones was to call out the "smaller" Silva would it be viewed the same? I am not defending anyone either way I would love to see a combo of any of these superfights.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash

I'll take GSP/Silva and Bones getting torn apart on national TV over pretty much anything.
    that was before jj came into the picture and before there were so many ww contenders.

vCash
    People are so funny. Rewind the clock a year, and everyone is as happy as can be about this. Now, Silva is taking the "easy" fight against a top-5 P4P guy.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    If people think AS at 6'2 is bad, then what about Condit who also stands at 6'2? I don't hear people *****ing about that.

The size differential is being blown out of proportion. 30lbs? Seriously? GSP stays fit in between fights, AS on the other hand loves to eat his whoppers. There's a huge difference between 2. In his fight vs Bonnar, AS was at 202...

For the past few years the AS/GSP was the super fight everyone wanted to see, but now all of a sudden, AS is picking on a 'smaller" fighter?

Finally, to those who say AS is scared to fight Jones, here's what AS said today:

- People are talking about it so much ... I have no such intention, it has something that motivates me, just because they have other athletes on my team, as Nogueira, Maldonado, Beans, Cauldron, which is the weight of it. My weight is 84kg, this is my title. But people talk so much, and we are the official UFC. Of course, I do not want to be talking, but what if he goes there and accepted the money that Dana will give him wanting to fight? It'll be difficult. It's not the money that motivates me to fight, I fight because I like it. So, I dunno ... I would not. But if it happens, would be that the weight-matched. Not worth his belt. I already got mine and I do not want to leave a title dropped.

The statement was the first Spider admitting that confrontation regarded by many as "the real fight of the century" might happen. After the press conference of UFC Rio III in the early hours of last Sunday, the UFC president, Dana White, said he will make every effort to Jon Jones and Anderson Silva would face, because that is the will of the fans. Shortly after the UFC Rio III, one of the entrepreneurs fighter, Jorge Guimar„es, also admitted that the possibility of dueling champions can happen.

Asked if he would be favorite in a fight against Jon Jones for winning two fighters who gave work for the American in the first round (Vitor Belfort and Stephan Bonnar), Anderson Silva ensured that victory is almost the same as nothing.

- At home is almost a foot. Never give anything, almost always is. When you go to fight a champion you have to be physically and psychologically prepared to face a champion. No wonder he is the champion and champions are there. You have to train hard and be prepared. You must have head champion to fight a champion. There may have defeated head. All opponents must have a champion head champion. Not just challenging.
    Source

So there you have it, if the demand and the money is there, AS would be willing to fight Jones at catchweight.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    that was before jj came into the picture and before there were so many ww contenders.
    this

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    That is true... The demand for GSP-AS has been going on for sometime and now all of a sudden Anderson's too big, and instead of a real super fight people are pushing him to fight Weidman? Which would be an awfully boring mismatch.

GSP-AS has to happen. It's not like GSP doesn't stand a chance. He's very well rounded and could beat Anderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    That is true... The demand for GSP-AS has been going on for sometime and now all of a sudden Anderson's too big, and instead of a real super fight people are pushing him to fight Weidman? Which would be an awfully boring mismatch.

GSP-AS has to happen. It's not like GSP doesn't stand a chance. He's very well rounded and could beat Anderson.
    again the demand was there before jj became what he is now. people have always said as is too big and would kill gsp with the exception of a few. if they fought 2 years ago silva would still be the heavy favorite. who's pushing him to fight weidman besides weidman himself? most of us on here agree weidman and bisping should fight to decide who gets the shot.

i love how everyone is counting condit out lol, i guess im the only one that thinks condit can definitely win this fight and win it with a ko.

vCash
    again the demand was there before jj became what he is now. people have always said as is too big and would kill gsp with the exception of a few. if they fought 2 years ago silva would still be the heavy favorite. who's pushing him to fight weidman besides weidman himself? most of us on here agree weidman and bisping should fight to decide who gets the shot.

i love how everyone is counting condit out lol, i guess im the only one that thinks condit can definitely win this fight and win it with a ko.
    Im with on everything you said here. I do think GSP will win but its going 5 rounds and I think the first two Condit will win because of ring rust

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash

Condit has shown me no evidence that he can beat GSP.

Three fights you need to examine, Ellenberger fight, MacDonald fight and Kampmann fight.

vCash
    Gsp will beat silva

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Condit has shown me no evidence that he can beat GSP.

Three fights you need to examine, Ellenberger fight, MacDonald fight and Kampmann fight.
    all those are legit guys, he was losing to rory but came back strong and beat up him at the end. same with ellenberger, he took some shots from him that gsp cant take and he came back strong in that fight too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    If people think AS at 6'2 is bad, then what about Condit who also stands at 6'2? I don't hear people *****ing about that.

The size differential is being blown out of proportion. 30lbs? Seriously? GSP stays fit in between fights, AS on the other hand loves to eat his whoppers. There's a huge difference between 2. In his fight vs Bonnar, AS was at 202...

For the past few years the AS/GSP was the super fight everyone wanted to see, but now all of a sudden, AS is picking on a 'smaller" fighter?

Finally, to those who say AS is scared to fight Jones, here's what AS said today:

Source

So there you have it, if the demand and the money is there, AS would be willing to fight Jones at catchweight.
    How much money do you think it would take? I'm thinking between 5-10 mill range

vCash

A few years ago AS was coming off uninspired wins over Leites and Maia. Then Sonnen gave him the toughest fight of his UFC career. Because of that, a lot of fans argued GSP to be a real threat to AS.

But 3 things have happen since:

1. The rise of Jon Jones
    2. GSP's injury
    3. AS finishing everyone since the first Sonnen fight in spectacular fashion.

You add all of those factors and you see why fans have shifted their focus from GSP to Jones (who's on a great winning streak since he arrived in the UFC). But make no mistake about it, if GSP finishes Condit or has a dominant win over him, the talk of GSP/AS will get a lot traction.

Don't forget, you're only as good as your last fight and GSP hasn't fought in over a year, people have forgotten how great he is, that will all change November 17th...

Quote Originally Posted by AjBurnett View Post
    How much money do you think it would take? I'm thinking between 5-10 mill range
    I could be wrong, but I think that's how much AS is making now a days. I'll say it'll take double digits to convince him.

What AS has on his favor is, fans are demanding that fight, the more he says no (well now he finally said yes) the more money the UFC will have to offer to get the fight done.

Fans are seeing his constant refusal to fights as him "ducking," but if you're AS you have to make it seem you have no interest, because that will lead to a bigger pay day.
    -----

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast