Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    A few years ago AS was coming off uninspired wins over Leites and Maia. Then Sonnen gave him the toughest fight of his UFC career. Because of that, a lot of fans argued GSP to be a real threat to AS.

But 3 things have happen since:

1. The rise of Jon Jones
    2. GSP's injury
    3. AS finishing everyone since the first Sonnen fight in spectacular fashion.

You add all of those factors and you see why fans have shifted their focus from GSP to Jones (who's on a great winning streak since he arrived in the UFC). But make no mistake about it, if GSP finishes Condit or has a dominant win over him, the talk of GSP/AS will get a lot traction.

Don't forget, you're only as good as your last fight and GSP hasn't fought in over a year, people have forgotten how great he is, that will all change November 17th...

I could be wrong, but I think that's how much AS is making now a days. I'll say it'll take double digits to convince him.

What AS has on his favor is, fans are demanding that fight, the more he says no (well now he finally said yes) the more money the UFC will have to offer to get the fight done.

Fans are seeing his constant refusal to fights as him "ducking," but if you're AS you have to make it seem you have no interest, because that will lead to a bigger pay day.
    i agree, thats what i said about jon. i agree as well if gsp dominated condit then this fight could definitely happen. the thing i dont like about gsp is he doesnt have killer instinct or ko power. you dont really have to worry about getting kod when fighting gsp, you gotta worry about being taken down and being kept there.

vCash
    What weight would they fight at? I think Anderson said he would drop down to 178 lb for this fight if I remember correctly.

vCash
    I wish GSP would win but I dont see it
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    I don't think GSP wants any part of him
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    He doesn't and why should he? He has lots of opponents at 170 now. If Silva wants him that bad drop down to 170

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Silva is such a *****. Fighting these clowns for years. How he gets labeled the best p4p in the sport is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Silva is such a *****. Fighting these clowns for years. How he gets labeled the best p4p in the sport is beyond me.
    you're clearly a hater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    you're clearly a hater.
    How am I a hater? The only thing I hate is that he ducks huge fights and refuses a step up in competition.

vCash
    How am I a hater? The only thing I hate is that he ducks huge fights and refuses a step up in competition.
    huge fights? he doesnt wanna fight jj and jj doesnt wanna fight him, thats it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    huge fights? he doesnt wanna fight jj and jj doesnt wanna fight him, thats it.
    Machida? That was a fight DW was pushing hard to make. And initially the whole GSP debacle although it was more so GSP but Silva still played a role. It was only after GSP surgeries and JJ talk that Silva stepped up. I dont blindly hate on any fighter.

vCash
    I think if Silva called jj out jj would accept in a hart beat

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Machida? That was a fight DW was pushing hard to make. And initially the whole GSP debacle although it was more so GSP but Silva still played a role. It was only after GSP surgeries and JJ talk that Silva stepped up. I dont blindly hate on any fighter.
    when was dw pushing hard to make that fight? if you think silva is scared of any fighter you're delusional. silva would kill machida but it wont ever happen for a lot of reasons one of them being the fact they're great friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AjBurnett View Post
    Call me "nuts" but I would put my money on GSP winning.
    As would I. GSP can take Anderson down. And he can actually do damage, advance position, heck, even look for a sub.

There's no way Anderson subs GSP aside from lighting him up standing and subbing a hurt GSP.

And I'd love to see Anderson fight Jones. But honestly, this is the fight we've talked about forever. Let's see it.

vCash
    Clowns?

Franklin? Okami? Belfort? Sonnen? Griffen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Clowns?

Franklin? Okami? Belfort? Sonnen? Griffen?
    I believe so. Obviously those guys can fight but of all the Champions has had the easiest path BY FARRRR. Outside of Hendo, Griffen and Franklin I cant respect a single opponent he has faced the same way I do Bones and GSP opponents.

Sonnen has been overrated tremendously particularly because of his big mouth and a LnP he put on Silva with broke Ribs, the fact that Okami even worked his way up to the belt including the like of Leities, Cote, Maia who isn't even a contender at 170 speaks to how awful that division really is. A washed up Bonnar and never was beens like Irvinspeak more to statement as well. I think his legacy is just ridiculous.

Bones is crushing legends of the sport. GSP is taking on a bunch of hungry lions and Silva is handling whatever is left over and maneuvering around some real challenges.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 10-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast