Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 14: The Baltimore Ravens @ The Miami Dolphins

Code:
    Week 14 The Baltimore Ravens @ The Miami Dolphins Sun Life Stadium December 7th [1:00 PM ET]
    2014 Passing Leaders
    QB Rating Yards Touchdowns Interceptions
    93.5 2989 20 8
    Joe Flacco
    92.1 2817 20 9
    Ryan Tannehill
    2014 Rushing Leaders
    Yards Carries Yards Per Carry Touchdowns
    1009 179 5.6 7
    Justin Forsett
    729 150 4.9 6
    Lamar Miller
    2014 Receiving Leaders
    Yards Catches Yards Per Catch Touchdowns
    819 54 15.2 5
    Steve Smith
    661 54 12.2 7
    Mike Wallace
    2014 Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks Interceptions
    C.J Mosley Elvis Dumervil Haloti Ngata 106 12.5 2 Jelani Jenkins Cameron Wake Brent Grimes 95 9.5 5
    More Stats
    DO NOT POST LINKS OF THE GAME. ANYTHING POSTED WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU HAVE A LINK JUST SAY YOU HAVE ONE AND THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE IT TO SOMEONE.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    must win. plain and simple.

vCash

Week 14: The Baltimore Ravens @ The Miami Dolphins

Win = playoff hopes alive

Lose = season over

vCash
    We were in this game last year even with 6 sacks. I wish I could say our oline is better but it still worries me. If we can run the ball and get some decent gains in the passing game then I think we can do it. But if the offense plays like it did against the Jets then we're screwed.

vCash
    This game is more on the defense than the offense. I think the offense will play well enough to win. BIGGEST thing in this game is STOPPING THE RUN. Forsett has 1,000 yards already. Just watched something saying that he is averaging 4.0 yards BEFORE FIRST CONTACT. Unbelievable stat. That sets up the playaction to the TE's and big plays to WR's. Kubiak's offense lives off of that stuff. If we can force Flacco to stand back there and throw, I think our defense is much better off and that's the kind of game we can win. If BAL runs the ball all over us we would need an A+++ day from our offense.

Stop the run.
    Force in 3rd and 7+
    Limit TO's
    Slow down Ngata, Suggs, and Dumervil
    Our WR's MUST WIN 1 on 1 this week. This is the game a deep ball TD would be wonderful or at least a big time catch and run.

vCash
    Well the dog does shine on a dog's hind portions occasionally. Haloti Ngata is out 4 games for Adderall. He won't appeal accepted the punishment with hope of a playoff return. MFing Jackpot!!!!!!!

He's there best defense player and with the o-line struggling it's great news. Sucks for Ravens and never want to win games like this but... given the pain we suffered over the last few decades I will take it

vCash
    Ngata is a best case scenario loss for them vs. us, except for Suggs. Thats a huge win for us. I hope Satele is healthy to play though. We need him in the middle still since our OG play behind Colledge and Pouncey is very iffy.

Now if only Forsett and Torrey Smith can still be hampered by their recent injuries, then I'll feel a whole lot better.

If we need anybody back, its Finnegan. We need him and Grimes to be able to play man to allow our safeties to play in the box if they need to.

I am hoping we can get a running game going early and often now that Ngata is out. The running game will take Dumervil and Suggs out pass rush mode . . . or even off the field for some of the game. Yeah their secondary is terrible, but if he solidify our run game, then we can go PA pass more often, as opposed to just spreading it out.

I think this game was winnable before the Ngata news, now its very winnable. If we don't win, we can kiss our playoffs goodbye. I think we win good though. I think our DEF shows up and proves a point that we are legitimately on top 10 defense in this league. Tannehill will out-perform Flacco.

MIA - 23
    BAL - 16

vCash
    I feel A LOT better about this game now. Now try and contain Dumervil and Suggs and give Tanny time to make reads and progressions and we're good.

vCash
    We should have had them last season. There were two terrible pass interference calls back to back that drove Flacco down the field and set them up on the one. That was like giving a team a free drive and a free TD. They were questionable calls at best. We need the lead early to make them one dimensional and so we can bring the house against Flacco. Our team struggles if they are behind and play much better with a lead.

vCash
    Torrey Smith didn't practice today either. So we're catching some breaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Torrey Smith didn't practice today either. So we're catching some breaks.
    Speed WR with a hurt knee = good news for the Phins

And even Forsett is finally battling with an injury, although i fully expect him to play . . . as well as Smith. I just think its going to be all possible hands on deck for both of these teams. If you aren't dead, or dying, you're playing.

But the news is nice to hear.

vCash
    Its sad we are counting on suspension and injuries for hope to win this game.

The Phins were in this game last season, and Tanny threw some horrible picks and was sacked like 6-7 times.

We have to attack their DB's, they are horrible. Our defense will come back strong against the Ravens they won't let the recent rushing gains occur on this game.

Miami 28
    BMore 10

vCash
    I agree that the rushing nightmare that has haunted us these past two weeks won't continue this Sunday. In our last two games we've allowed 104 total yards rushing with an average attempt of 2.73. The Jets were doing a lot of sweeps and fancy plays that the Ravens will attempt but not constantly pound. The big Johnson run was a hold and two missed tackle, and after the first half we contained their rushing. I expect Foresett to have a good game but not for them to gash us for 200+.

vCash
    Our D needs to play in to its potential this week if we're going to have a chance. We need the team that played against San Diego to show up, we can't afford to have one side play inconsistently. If we can get off to a good start then we can win it.

vCash
    With Finnegan out again, I think we need to have Grimes on Steve Smith 1 on 1 since he is the healthiest WR they have. I think we have to play a safety over the top on Torrey Smith most of the time and let Sanford play underneath. Granted I don't think TS will have the wheels he usually does, but the deep threat is there. Owne Daniels at TE is not a matchup nightmare for us. The Phins should easily be able to cover him with Jenkins, and dare I say Wheeler.I think Misi has to be the guy in the middle that spies the RB. Forsett is a little hobbled, but still can be dangerous. Wake and Vernon have to set the edge better than they have been doing lately. We take away their run game and make Flacco throw it . . . we win point blank.

I have faith that we will see Tannehill get rid of the ball quickly against Suggs and Dumervil. And I think Dion Sims has another nice game with his size advantage. I love that Ngata is out. Thats going to be huge for our runnning game as now Satele can relax a little more. I think Satele can handle Jernigan easily. James on Suggs should be very interesting to watch. I do think Miller gets 20+ touches. I think this is the game they do it. I'll still hold to my original prediction of 23-16 MIA.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast