vCash

Report: Suh to Miami 6yr/114M

Mort just tweeted it.

vCash
    Wow!

vCash
    Good catch. Here is the tweet

Chris Mortensen @mortreport

Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.
    Suh also will get $60 million in first 3 years of 6-year contract, based on parameters set between #Dolphins and Suh's agent, Jimmy Sexton.

vCash
    Good for you guys. He was probably the best defensive player the Lions ever had. We are REALLY going to miss him. Im glad he is in the AFC now. If Tannehill steps up next year, you guys will be Super Bowl contender. Have fun

vCash
    ESPN

Barring a breakdown in formal contract negotiations, Ndamukong Suh will sign with the Miami Dolphins after the new league year officially begins Tuesday for a deal that will pay him approximately $114 million with $60 million in guaranteed money, league sources told ESPN.

The Dolphins and Suh's agent, Jimmy Sexton, discussed those six-year parameters once the 72-hour window opened Saturday for dialogue between teams and unrestricted free agents, sources confirmed.

While Suh's former team, the Detroit Lions, were among other teams making competitive proposals, the Dolphins' parameters far exceeded the rest of the clubs interested in the defensive tackle.

The official proposal and contract, which would make Suh one of the NFL's highest-paid players, must be negotiated when the market opens at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

Based off the parameters, Suh also will get $60 million in the first three years on a contract that is expected to average $19 million over the six years of the deal, sources said.

J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans set the market in 2014 when he signed a six-year, $100 million contract with $51.8 million in guaranteed money.

Watt's average of $16.6 million also was the highest in league history for a defensive player, a considerable amount considering he still had two years remaining on his contract with Houston.

The Miami Herald had characterized the Dolphins as "confident" they would sign Suh, primarily because owner Stephen Ross was determined to land the big prize of the 2015 free agency class.

Several other media outlets, including ESPN, had identified the Dolphins as the favorite to sign Suh.

The Lions decided against using the franchise tag on Suh, as doing so would have cost the team close to $26.9 million to tie him up for the 2015 season.

The Lions had such a high number on Suh's franchise tag option because of contract restructures that left him with a cap number of $22.4 million for the 2014 season. That is what escalated the tag number to such a high amount.

With the Lions, Suh was a dominant force in the middle for five seasons, making the Pro Bowl four times and being named first-team All-Pro four times. He has also played in 78 of 80 regular season games for Detroit while making 238 tackles with 36 sacks, 13 pass breakups, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and an interception.

With Suh comes one of the most dominating talents in the game, but also a player who has a history of being fined for player-safety violations. The only two games Suh missed in his career were due to a suspension after stomping on then-Green Bay offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith. He was also initially suspended for Detroit's playoff game against Dallas this season before his suspension was overturned and replaced with a $70,000 fine for stepping on the calf and ankle of Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

In all, Suh has lost $420,669 due to fines and suspensions.
    ESPN.com Lions reporter Michael Rothstein contributed to this report.

vCash
    Big money but they need a big time player if they're gonna make a run.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Can't complain about landing a guy like Suh... it's massive money, I just hope it works out.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Wild. Think about that guy wreaking havoc on Sundays next year.....

it would be sooooo Dolphins to **** this up somehow or be like, "we are moving him to LB.."

I joke but in reality Im excited. I hope we keep Randy and I hope Clay somehow stays, hearing Buffalo wants him. Then give me Antrelle Rolle and Chris Culliver please.

vCash
    YEA BABY! Brady is crying

vCash
    dance dance dance dance
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I didn't expect to be as happy about it as I am. I screamed on the sales floor the moment I read it at work lol.

SUH instantly makes the entire defense better. You cannot tell me when this defense is healthy that they aren't as talented as the Lions was last year. We need to focus on fixing the secondary with quality vets now. Add Rolle at FS and try to find another quality cb then we're done. Oline and WR can be addressed in the draft. I still hope we can retain Clay but if not then go draft Walford and I'm happy.

vCash
    Oh boy lots of money, lets hope it works out.

vCash
    I hope they can trade Mike Wallace for a draft pick, pick up Shorts and a CB in FA, draft another WR in the 1st round, OL in the second and this team is going places

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    I saw this on Twitter yesterday and I just loved it.

@Rizzmigizz If the Fins sign Suh, they'll have Suhnahmi (water), Earthwake (earth), Olivier Vernado (wind), and Randy Sparks (fire). Avatar.

The defense would be named "The Natural Disasters"

vCash
    Ahhhh shiett... excited for suh smashing on Sundays.
    Vernon, wake, and Jordan couldn't be happier.
    Let's get rolle going now

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast