Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brandon Gibson released

just got an update. Not surprised

vCash
    He saves another 3.4M. He only holds 1.2M in dead money.

Two weeks to go before FA so more cuts will be coming.

Feel Starks and Finnigan are next. Combined they would save 10M.

vCash
    our WR depth will be challenging, as I don't see anybody in FA worth signing other than Cobb . . . Wallace/Cobb/Landry would be disgusting though

I'd rather spend that money on quality defensive players though.

vCash
    Are they really gonna get rid of Wallace too? Kind of running out of receivers.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    I really thought he would be a good player last year but he changed after the injury.

Hopefully this means Mathews gets more playing time next year. Dude was productive when he got playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Are they really gonna get rid of Wallace too? Kind of running out of receivers.
    And I saw an article that Matthews asked to be traded/released. I actually liked the idea of him playing in the slot this year.

Gibson never lived up to the $. He was always solid but got stuck in a talented receiving core. I wish him the best.

I see us going with some sort of Wallace/Big Fast Receiver (big as in size, not name), Landry combo this year. Honestly, I could see us taking someone like DGB/Perriman/Parker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    And I saw an article that Matthews asked to be traded/released. I actually liked the idea of him playing in the slot this year.

Gibson never lived up to the $. He was always solid but got stuck in a talented receiving core. I wish him the best.

I see us going with some sort of Wallace/Big Fast Receiver (big as in size, not name), Landry combo this year. Honestly, I could see us taking someone like DGB/Perriman/Parker.
    I think so too. I figure they roll with Wallace, Landry and a draft pick - with Matthews as the 4th WR and camp bodies fighting for the 5th. We had to release Gibson and Hartline, these guys just were not worth the salary the Dolphins were paying them.

Now let's jettison Ellerbe and Wheeler, free up some more cap space and we'll be in much better shape. Hopefully they can address some holes on defense in free agency and the draft - definitely need some help there.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade