Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dolphins extend Ryan Tannehill through the 2020 season

MiamiDolphins
    We have signed quarterback Ryan Tannehill to a contract extension through the 2020 season!
    Waiting on price.

vCash
    Expected. Just waiting on a number. Glad it's over with. One less thing to deal with.

vCash
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2m 2 minutes ago
    Dolphins are giving QB Ryan Tanehill a six-year, $96 million extension that includes $45 million guaranteed, per league source.
    I like it

vCash
    Dolphins signed QB Ryan Tannehill to a four-year extension through 2020.

The deal is expected to average $17-20 million annually. Tannehill was already under contract through 2016, so with four years tacked on he's now essentially signing a six-year deal. A wide receiver early in his college career, Tannehill has steadily gotten better in each of his three NFL seasons. Tannehill set career highs in every statistic last year, his first under OC Bill Lazor. Lazor has returned to Miami, and Tannehill's supporting cast has been upgraded in the form of Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, and Jordan Cameron to go with sophomore slot receiver Jarvis Landry.
    -Roto

"expected to be $17-$20 million annually"...He got $16 mil a year. Averages $7.5 a year in guarantees

vCash
    The $16 million annual average is lower than expected, suggesting the Dolphins did well in negotiations.
    - UPDATED piece of Rotoworld comment. They said something positive again?!?!

vCash
    Omar Kelly @OmarKelly 8m 8 minutes ago
    So technically, the Dolphins committed to Ryan Tannehill for 3 more seasons at $15M a year, and front him a ton of the money for cap space.
    quadruple post

vCash
    I'm a huge Tanny supporter so I love this deal. Now its time for him to break out like I think he can. HOPEFULLY someone can step up at the OG position and I think we are primed for a playoff run.

vCash
    Bunch of guaranteed money for a QB who's never missed a game to drive down overall contact and generate more cap space? Check.
    Lock up fringe top 10 QB before record deals for Luck and Wilson could mess up negotiations? Check.
    Keeping a QB yet to enter his prime for little more than the likes of Dalton and Kaep? Check.

Hard not to like this deal. Put the focus now on Vernon or other FA's and rookies and plan going forward. Great move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    I'm a huge Tanny supporter so I love this deal. Now its time for him to break out like I think he can. HOPEFULLY someone can step up at the OG position and I think we are primed for a playoff run.

Agreed and agreed.

vCash
    Its a good deal.

Jay Cutler 6 years $126M $54M guaranteed
    Colin Kaepernick 6 years $114M $61M guaranteed
    Andy Dalton 6 years $96M $17M guaranteed

I'm sure half of that 45M is the first two seasons which where already going to be guaranteed (6M this year 16M next) with most of the rest in year three.

$16M average per year puts him 15-16th overall as well.

vCash
    Now the only question is how do we lose Philbin and Coyle and keep Lazor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leroyp33 View Post
    Now the only question is how do we lose Philbin and Coyle and keep Lazor
    Very possible if our offense and Lazor continue to progress and succeed he goes from OC to head coach if Philbin were to get fired

He'll have multiple years experience at OC and may be ready to advance by then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Its a good deal.

Jay Cutler 6 years $126M $54M guaranteed
    Colin Kaepernick 6 years $114M $61M guaranteed
    Andy Dalton 6 years $96M $17M guaranteed

I'm sure half of that 45M is the first two seasons which where already going to be guaranteed (6M this year 16M next) with most of the rest in year three.

$16M average per year puts him 15-16th overall as well.
    Right where he should be until he proves better than that. So I'm fine with it. He could out-play these numbers. I'm not sure if he will but he could.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Right where he should be until he proves better than that. So I'm fine with it. He could out-play these numbers. I'm not sure if he will but he could.
    He's better than Dalton and he's younger than Cutler (and not as erratic) but otherwise I agree, right around where he should be. Could outplay the contract, could just be average. Either way good deal for Miami.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash

Dolphins extend Ryan Tannehill through the 2020 season

Excellent deal considering the potential class will blow the market out of the water. Having Tanny signed until 33 yrs old is nice. Also he is now the FIRST in his class to be resigned to long term deal

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast