vCash

Official 2014 Miami Dolphins Free Agency Part II

Our current haul:
    FS Louis Delmas 1 year - $3.5 million
    LT Branden Albert 5 year - $46 million
    DT Earl Mitchell 4 year _ $16 million

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Did anybody see the article about us signing Albert on NFL's website? It was like watching a Jets fan analyze the Dolphins... Oh wait, that's exactly what it was

vCash
    I think well sign wade smith to compete with Dallas thomas for a guard spot.

I think were going to lose Howard to the raiders. We already lost saffold to them, and lost Zane to the jags. Not many zbs guards left.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    I was looking thru profootball focus' article on the top 10 free agent OT and OG.
    So far the remaining T on that list are 5. Collins ( article questions his run blocking and endurance) 7. Streif ( listed as a middle of the pact run blocking T)
    8. Howard(+9.6 run blocking grade) 9.Clabo 10. Oher and at G the remaining unsigned are 3.Wharton(+11.1 run blocking but I believe he's 34 yrs old) 5. Colon ( 7th best G at Pass block, doesn't mention run block) 6.Boothe (-12.5) 8. Charlie Johnson(-9.2) 9. Shelley Smith (+12.3)

vCash
    Saw a nugget that we may be going after SEA RT Breno Giacomini. That would be solid.

Some interesting cuts too. Saw HOU TE Owen Daniels got cut. Injury issues but a nice weapon.

Also saw Bengals C Kyle Cook was released. Not sure where Hickey is with Pouncey's long term future and/or a possible move to guard.

vCash
    Everything just went dead for us at about 6 pm.

vCash
    Saints just signed Jairus Byrd. Hard to imagine they'll have enough money left for Strief.

Schwartz gone to Giants. Beadles gone to JAX. Think I just saw Asamoah gone.

C'mon Hickey......two more OL starters before draft please.
    Last edited by Sparky; 03-11-2014 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    I really think that Hickey resigns Clabo on the cheap for RT. I do believe we have to grab a OG tonight or tomorrow though. After seeing the first day unfold, I truly believe that we may be targeting OL in the 1st rd, and maybe thats why Hickey isn't pulling the trigger on another big OL signing right now. Maybe he thinks that Zach Martin will be there at #19. But my surprise pick is OG Gabe Jackson at #19. Either way I really don't see another huge OL signing.

I mean it wouldn't bother me to try and nab Collins or Strief for RT on a decent contract, but I just don't see it happening. Plus I think that the OG in the draft ar better than what is available right now for the price.

ALso thinking that if Dansby got 4/24, wonder what Beason will get with his injury history and talent. So far I think we signed our biggest needs for Day 1 (including resigning Grimes and signing Delmas). Nice job Hickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Our current haul:
    FS Louis Delmas 1 year - $3.5 million
    LT Branden Albert 5 year - $46 million
    DT Earl Mitchell 4 year _ $16 million
    So far so good in my eyes. I believe DT Earl Mitchell and sliding Odrick to DT covers the Starks/Soliai losses (may draft a DT as well). The few holes left are RT, G, CB. I see us signing at least one more starter on the o-line and one CB. This would leave us drafting 1-2 o-line, RB, DT, LB and possibly S/CB. Hoping we land RT Zach Strief out of NO, solid on the run but good against the pass (only allowed 3 sacks all year).

vCash
    Martin traded to San Fran for a conditional draft pick

vCash
    MikeGarafolo
    As @AdamSchefter said, Jonathan Martin is headed to San Fran in a trade for a conditional draft pick

Bye!

vCash
    Jags signed Toby Gerhardt.

While I would of liked to have Gerhardt the Jags overpaid at 10.5 mil for 3 years. I was thinking more like 2 years 4-4.5 mil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fin_frenzy_84 View Post
    Martin traded to San Fran for a conditional draft pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Jags signed Toby Gerhardt.

While I would of liked to have Gerhardt the Jags overpaid at 10.5 mil for 3 years. I was thinking more like 2 years 4-4.5 mil.
    I don't like spending any FA money on RBs. Just too short a shelf life. Just draft 2 of them (one mid round, one late round) and bring in some UDFA RBs to compete. It shouldn't be hard at all to find two or three rookie RBs to beat out DT/Gillislee/Thigpen.

vCash
    After seeing the RB market I might take a flyer on someone. What one RB has been signed? There are about 10 worth something so I might.

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast