Week 6: The Pittsburgh Steelers @ The Miami Dolphins

Week 6
    @

Sunday, October 16th 1:00PM
    TV: CBS

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Ben Roethlisberger, QB #7 - 1496 Yards / 15 TD 4 INT /65.6 CMP% / 106.6 QB Rating
    Ryan Tannehill, QB #17 - 1272 Yards / 6 TD 7 INT / 64.1 CMP% / 83.6 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Le'Veon Bell, RB #26 - 210 Yards / 38 Carries / 5.5 YPC / 0 TD
    Jay Ajayi, RB #23 - 117 Yards / 31 Carries/ 3.8 YPC/ 2 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~
    Antonio Brown, WR #84 - 37 Catches / 447 Yards / 5 TD
    Jarvis Landry, WR #14 - 34 Catches / 403 Yards / 1 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Jesse James, TE #81 - 18 Catches / 128 Yards / 3 TD
    Dion Sims, TE #80 - 7 Catches / 82 Yards / 0 TD

Kicker

~VS~

Chris Boswell, K #9 - 4 FGM / 5 FGA / 17 XPM / 17 XPA
    Andrew Franks, K #3 - 4 FGM / 5 FGA / 10 XPM / 10 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

Vince Williams, LB #98 - 30
    Kiko Alonso, LB #47 - 50

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Cameron Heyward, DE #97 - 3.0
    Ndamukong Suh, DT #93 - 2.5

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Ryan Shazier, OLB #50 - 1
    Isa Abdul-Quddus, S #24 - 1

Click For More Stats

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Two Words: Blood Bath

Two More Words: Home Crowd (for the Steelers)

this will be a college game. Bell is going to tear us up!!!! I have negative confidence in MIA putting up a fight.

Pit - 38
    Mia - 13

Any news on Tunsil??

The ol' shower slip story sounds like BS. My guess is he was playing basketball or got wasted and was horsing around or something. Who knows......just seems hard to believe that he would sprain an ankle in the shower. Most shower fall injuries, I'd have to guess, people usually sprain a wrist if anything.

Whatever......just wondering how they're gonna field a 5 man OL with Milli Vanilli gone.

Is Tannenbuam dropping by Club Liv to round up some bouncers before the game?

Ugh.

Cameron, Howard, Jones (Groin) - DNP

Foster, Gray, Jenkins, Steen, Tunsil - LP

Grant - FP

I'm going to be a little more optimistic this game and say Miami actually develops a running game. They should have RT James, C Pouncey, LG Tunsil, LT Albert all starting. I'm not sure who gets the start at RG (maybe Urbik). Steen is a possibility as well with his strong run blocking.

Steelers DE Cam Heyward will be out for the game as well.

Once again I'm being optimistic here. Pittsburgh defense is its weakness. Their offense is electric and Miami needs to keep them out of rhythm and off the field if they have any chance of winning this game.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    I'm going to be a little more optimistic this game and say Miami actually develops a running game. They should have RT James, C Pouncey, LG Tunsil, LT Albert all starting. I'm not sure who gets the start at RG (maybe Urbik). Steen is a possibility as well with his strong run blocking.

Steelers DE Cam Heyward will be out for the game as well.

Once again I'm being optimistic here. Pittsburgh defense is its weakness. Their offense is electric and Miami needs to keep them out of rhythm and off the field if they have any chance of winning this game.

Sorry but

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Sorry but
    Anything is possible in the NFL. This is the same Eagles team that lost 3-34 in Philadelphia.

I just laid out the recipe for this team to succeed. Miami also returns a veteran RB who knows how to pick up a blitz and run after a catch.

If Reshad Jones is unable to play then our chances diminish. Have to collapse the pocket on Big Ben.

Let's find out which Pouncey is the better player this week.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Anything is possible in the NFL. This is the same Eagles team that lost 3-34 in Philadelphia.

I just laid out the recipe for this team to succeed. Miami also returns a veteran RB who knows how to pick up a blitz and run after a catch.

If Reshad Jones is unable to play then our chances diminish. Have to collapse the pocket on Big Ben.

Let's find out which Pouncey is the better player this week.
    That's not fair to Mike at all LOL. Maurkice Pouncey has Big Ben and Le'Veon Bell . . . Mike has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    That's not fair to Mike at all LOL. Maurkice Pouncey has Big Ben and Le'Veon Bell . . . Mike has no chance.
    Mike has no chance because his guard doesn't have the name DeCastro on his back. That guy is a beast. Honestly, I think the Pouncey brothers are both overrated. I'm not saying they are average, but they are both not consistent and part of that may be the injuries.

I'd rather have Mangold for the past 10 years. I feel sorry for that guy with all the bum QB he's had to hike the ball to all these years
    Last edited by limebalz05; 10-13-2016 at 01:31 PM.

I think both Pounceys are equally overrated but whatever.

I love the optimism Lime, but aren't we better off losing at this point?

I know we're not supposed to root against our own team, but isn't rooting for the inevitable best? Isn't it best for things to get bad enough to get TBum out of here asap??

The longer this drags on, the more years into the future are jeopardized. Look how long it's taking us to repair this roster from the Ireland era.

Idk, Phins pulling a massive upset over Rapistberger's Steelers would be fun........especially since the stadium will be filled with their stupid fans.........but getting the highest possible draft pick is also important.......I guess this is a win-win situation for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I think both Pounceys are equally overrated but whatever.

I love the optimism Lime, but aren't we better off losing at this point?

I know we're not supposed to root against our own team, but isn't rooting for the inevitable best? Isn't it best for things to get bad enough to get TBum out of here asap??

The longer this drags on, the more years into the future are jeopardized. Look how long it's taking us to repair this roster from the Ireland era.

Idk, Phins pulling a massive upset over Rapistberger's Steelers would be fun........especially since the stadium will be filled with their stupid fans.........but getting the highest possible draft pick is also important.......I guess this is a win-win situation for us.
    I was never a supporter of Tannebaum when he joined the Dolphins with his failures in the Jets organization that I viewed on a daily bases in NY/NJ area. For me he's graded out as a D thus far. His free agent signings have been his biggest disappointments thus far for me. I'll give him a C- in the draft while receiving an D- in the free agency department. I would like to say that he was correct in letting a few over priced players walk in O Vernon and RB Miller. Neither player is performing anything close to their new contract. Unfortunately Miami replaced those players via FA that have failed here in Miami (although those players were cheaper and shorter contract).

We're 5 games into this season so I'm not on board with tanking the season. Although the season may seem lost because we do have 4 games in the loss column, I still would like to see how this team responds during this home stand and bye week. OL and RB are finally healthy so I think it would be good to see where they are as a unit the next few games. The remaining schedule isn't very difficult as a majority of the teams are middle of the pack to weak teams. Besides Pitt, Miami has 4 games vs Bills and Jets. Then there's Chargers, 49ers, Rams, Cards, and Ravens. Pats final game can always be a win as well because they sit their players.

Realistically, Steelers game at home will be the most difficult game remaining on this schedule. Now I'm being optimistic here, but before the season I stated that if Miami could defeat the Jets and Bills that we would be playoff contenders. I still think we don't match up well vs both of those teams since they have stout DL and Miami didn't do what it needed in the offseason to combat those obstacles.

On the positive side, Bills and Jets are missing some of their playmakers in Decker and Watkins and their QB are garbage.

I projected prior to the season 5-7 wins and I'll stick by that. 5 wins is obtainable. Most would rather us tank and receive the highest possible draft pick. That sounds great if there was an Andrew Luck in this draft but there is not. Also we have a 1st year head coach and you don't want him to lose the locker room. The players and myself would like to see him build on something this season and progress from there.

I wouldn't say the Jets and Bills QBs are garbage. I think most people would say that Tyrod Taylor is better than Tannehill. And Fitzpatrick vs. Tannehill is about a wash. Tannehill could learn something from watching Fitzpatrick scramble. That guy always dives forward.

I agree that the main problem for TBum in FA wasn't necessarily letting Miller and OV walk. It was replacing them with "names". Foster and Mario aren't who he thought they were. They're shells of their former selves.

As for our upcoming schedule, I'd say the 49ers are the only team as bad as us. We'll probably be in the Rams game too b/c their offense is so lousy, but their defense is light years ahead of ours.

NFL is very unpredictable. Anything can happen. But I think we're going to start paying the price for so many bad draft choices over the last 5+ years. It was bound to catch up with us.

Almost every NFL game I watch - like last night's game - I see draft mistakes we made.

Case in point, last night I was reminded how many of us wanted 'Canes LB Denzel Perryman in round 2 last year. Instead, TBum trades down and took low-motor Jordan Phillips.

And it's not all "hind sight". I don't expect us to nail every pick. And I know drafting under TBum has been a little better than the Ireland bust-fests.

But damn!!! Just so frustrating.

Look at this 2016 draft. Kenyan Drake seemed like a risky pick from the outset - not a complete RB, slight build, long injury history. But we took him in early round 3.

Then I see Devontae Booker (late round 4) and Jordan Howard (round 5) and those guys just simply look better.........and yes, even when factoring in how bad our OL is.

Oh well........ya never know with the NFL........maybe Gase's OL cuts will get these guys on their toes. Clearly, Gase has sent a message that he's going to cut players who suck.

Problem is.....Gase may need to cut 50 guys. lol

I think we both can agree that the drafting has been blow average ever since the departure of Jimmy Johnson era. Drafting was also struggling in the final years of the Shula years too.

As for Taylor and Fitz, both of those QB are performing at an equal level as RT17 but with vastly better OL and RB's. Even the WR core is better as Landry is our only option and he's a slot WR who lacks strong pass blocking skills. Jets and Bills WR blocking skills are better than the Phins currently. One may even argue they have beer WR's / TE and receiving RB on their roster. This team lacks talent at the skill position tremendously.

As for the schedule, we'll disagree on that because that's a weak schedule. If Miami is to not win 3-4 games with the remaining schedule then they seriously are the 2nd worst team in the NFL.

An infusion of talent needs to be had with this roster if they are not to win some of these near future games. Maybe I'm holding out for hope, but I like Gase and what he proposes for this franchise. I think he can make things work and push players to excel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast