Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Cash has to dig deep and find a match that will work. A player(s) that doesn't fit any longer or had a **** year. Bell is an example. It can be done. It's time for Arod to be in Miami *****!!!

By 2014, Arod, swish, Grandy, Soriano, Martin, Kuroda and Pettitte all gone. We need pitching. Period.
    We need pitching?

Did you even watch this post season?

vCash
    Short of A-Rod getting hit by a bus, there's no way we escape his contract guys. I'm sorry, I'd love to be able to free up some spending space, but it can't happen. I'm not anti A-Rod at all. However, the fact is that 30M a year is an absolute atrocity. For anyone. The Yankees FO needs to ****ing stop with this horseshit, seriously.

I sincerely hope this Arod business has taught them a lesson.

i Doubt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    Short of A-Rod getting hit by a bus, there's no way we escape his contract guys. I'm sorry, I'd love to be able to free up some spending space, but it can't happen. I'm not anti A-Rod at all. However, the fact is that 30M a year is an absolute atrocity. For anyone. The Yankees FO needs to ****ing stop with this horseshit, seriously.

I sincerely hope this Arod business has taught them a lesson.

i Doubt it.
    I really think it did though. The way they deal with Cano's upcoming contract will be a true testament to whether they have learned their lesson or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah obviously its way to early to speculate as the season isn't even over yet but Miami makes some sense.

Loria likes to make splashes (even if he usually deals that splash midway through the next season) and A-Rod is "Mr. Miami" like the article mentions. I could see it happening but like you said it would have to be contingent on what the Marlins take on in his contract and what they want to saddle you guys with in exchange (IE Bell)

The Dodgers make sense too with all the money they have been throwing around and they are certainly in win now mode so it's a possibility they take A-Rod hoping he can help get them over the top.

But honestly, i think he is just one of those untradeable pieces much like Jason Bay (even though he is infinitely more productive than Jason)
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Some other teams that make sense other than the Dodgers and Marlins are the Angels and Whitesox. Not sure what their 3rd Base situation looks like, but they are possibilities.
    The Dodgers already have a Hanley/Gordon/Cruz triangle going on for the left side of the IF. And just because they made that Boston trade doesn't mean they are going to take a 37 year old, rapidly declining liability that is owed 114 M dollars.

Stan Kasten and company aren't stupid. They had to take on a lot of money initially to rid the Dodgers of the Mccourt stench and quickly put a star studded product on the field. But A-Rod makes no sense.

Crawford/M Ellis/Kemp/Gonzalez/Ethier/Ramirez/Cruz/A Ellis should be able to hit. If not, that's pathetic on the Dodgers part.

Taking the Crawford contract was a calculated risk in order to get Gonzalez.

A-Rod makes no sense for the Dodgers.

As for the Angels, I don't think so. They've got enough bad contracts.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Wells-Arod swap with some cash sent is an interesting concept but A-Rod is still gonna be pretty productive and Wells is literally garbage. The only differences is Wells expires sooner.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    Wells-Arod swap with some cash sent is an interesting concept but A-Rod is still gonna be pretty productive and Wells is literally garbage. The only differences is Wells expires sooner.
    I was thinking about this the other day. It would make SOME sense. The contracts over the next 2 years would be somewhat close to canceling each other out (I believe that's what Wells has left?) So I would assume if it was a straight swap, roughly 30 million would have to go the Angels way, to sort of balance the other 3 years out.

Aside from that, A-Rod and Pujols jerseys will fly off the shelves, and they sure as hell won't have a problem selling tickets. The Yankees, rid themselves of quite a bit of payroll, and shave off 3 years of an atrocious contract. And who knows, maybe Yankee Stadium helps Wells out a bit.

Would be an interesting trade. God, can't wait for the offseason. Love speculating lol

But I think were in for a pretty crazy offseason. I think there will be quite a few interesting headlines.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    60-54

G: 101 | AVG: .276 | HR: 3| RBI: 30| OBP: .329 | SLG: .333 | wOBA: .299 | wRC: 85

7. 10-19-2012, 10:21 AM
    Reason
    unnecessary

vCash
    9:11pm: For what it’s worth, A-Rod said after tonight’s game that he intends to remain with the Yankees and indicated that he won’t waive his no-trade clause. “I’ve never thought about going to another team. My focus is on staying here. Let’s make that very, very clear,” he said.

2:30pm: Via Bob Nightengale: Alex Rodriguez has told “close friends” that he would not stand in the way of an offseason trade. He won’t ask for a trade however, and he would only approve a deal to another big market club. A-Rod has full no-trade protection thanks to his ten-and-five rights.

Reports that cite “close friends” and stuff like that are always sketchy, so take this with a grain of salt. Nightengale says the Yankees would “gladly” make a back contract for bad contract swap, like one involving Vernon Wells (owed $42M through 2014). Wells hasn’t hit in two years and would be an offensive downgrade from Alex at this point, so I hope Nightengale was just throwing him out there as an example. Either way, get comfortable because this A-Rod saga looks like it will drag out for months.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/rep...fseason-77917/

vCash
    I do not even know who would want to take arod and some of his awful contract, but as a sox fan, I never in a million years thought the dodgers would take on crawford and beckett's ****** deals either. If you can get rid of him, do it in a heartbeat. Having him and that contract gone would be a huge win for the yanks regardless of what they get back for him.
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    I do not even know who would want to take arod and some of his awful contract, but as a sox fan, I never in a million years thought the dodgers would take on crawford and beckett's ****** deals either. If you can get rid of him, do it in a heartbeat. Having him and that contract gone would be a huge win for the yanks regardless of what they get back for him.
    ok now gettttttttta here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    ok now gettttttttta here
    Be nice cowgirls fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I wish I liked women everything is so hard
    weird

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    I do agree with this poster and i would consider pushing Miami for a trade.

First, i pick up the options of Grandy and Cano.

Then turn around and tell Miami you can get anyone (except CC) with Arod.

Package 1- Arod and Grandy for Health Bell and Zambrano.

Package 2- Arod and Cano for health bell, Zambrano and good prospects.

I only include Zambrano since he would be for 13 only.

The goal is to rid of A-Rod and you cant do that without giving up something.

Puppy can start at 3rd. No need for Headley.

If Cano leaves, Adams steps up.

If grandy leaves, Go after Bourne.

vCash
    A Rod ($114 Mil) for Wells ($42 Mil) and Wilson ($67 Mil) and the Yankees throw in Hughes, Joba or Nova to sweeten the deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    I do agree with this poster and i would consider pushing Miami for a trade.

First, i pick up the options of Grandy and Cano.

Then turn around and tell Miami you can get anyone (except CC) with Arod.

Package 1- Arod and Grandy for Health Bell and Zambrano.

Package 2- Arod and Cano for health bell, Zambrano and good prospects.

I only include Zambrano since he would be for 13 only.

The goal is to rid of A-Rod and you cant do that without giving up something.

Puppy can start at 3rd. No need for Headley.

If Cano leaves, Adams steps up.

If grandy leaves, Go after Bourne.
    Yes get ride of arod not the best player on our team. Marlins want Cano they could start with Johnson/Morrinson/Reyes then we could talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    if A Rod wants out the trade will happen....if just the yanks want him out it won't.

its pretty simple don't know what the debate is about

alex holds all the cards

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast