Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hate the way Arod is being disrespected by cashman. If anything cashman deserves to get fired because he's a terrible GM, the only reason people concider him good is because of the yankees big wallet.

The contract is what it is. Do you think Werth has been worth his contract? Crawfort? Zito? You dont think Pojuls will decline the same way Arod did?

Arod has given us two MVPs, a world series, and has carried this team year in and year out. He has ran into bad luck the last few years on top of his slight decline.
    He had the labrum tear, which takes more than a year to get fully recovered and get back to your old form. He had the knee injury last year, which brough down his numbers and made him miss time. This year when he was starting to roll he broke his wrist.
    Even with all of these injuries, he still had productive seasons, above average for a 3rd baseman.

I mean look at texiera the guy makes a couple of million less and is much younger, the guy bats .240 year after year and has been much worse than arod in the post season.
    Granderson bats .230 and he wants a $100M+ contract.
    As talented as Cano is this is the first year he hit over 30 Hrs.

I dont get why Arod gets all this hate.

If the yankees pay some of his salary and take on some contracts, any team would love to have him. He's still productive and if he stays away from injuries he might have a good year again. He'll be great for the younger players on a team cuz he'd help them like he helped Cano. Plus he draws so much attention from the Media and fans, if you're a team like the Marlins and Dodgers this is the perfect guy to get you all the media exposure.

I defenitely think he's being traded because they have purposely embarassed him. You dont pinch hit Chaves for him, you dont sit him down multiple times to play Chaves for him. Listen to all the experts, they're all saying that the yankees are a better team with Arod in the line up.

I think this is the biggining for Hal. George is gone and so will be the massive spending. Hal wants to lower the payrol and might just blowup the roster to do that.

vCash
    Arod isn't going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I hate the way Arod is being disrespected by cashman. If anything cashman deserves to get fired because he's a terrible GM, the only reason people concider him good is because of the yankees big wallet.

The contract is what it is. Do you think Werth has been worth his contract? Crawfort? Zito? You dont think Pojuls will decline the same way Arod did?

Arod has given us two MVPs, a world series, and has carried this team year in and year out. He has ran into bad luck the last few years on top of his slight decline.
    He had the labrum tear, which takes more than a year to get fully recovered and get back to your old form. He had the knee injury last year, which brough down his numbers and made him miss time. This year when he was starting to roll he broke his wrist.
    Even with all of these injuries, he still had productive seasons, above average for a 3rd baseman.

I mean look at texiera the guy makes a couple of million less and is much younger, the guy bats .240 year after year and has been much worse than arod in the post season.
    Granderson bats .230 and he wants a $100M+ contract.
    As talented as Cano is this is the first year he hit over 30 Hrs.

I dont get why Arod gets all this hate.

If the yankees pay some of his salary and take on some contracts, any team would love to have him. He's still productive and if he stays away from injuries he might have a good year again. He'll be great for the younger players on a team cuz he'd help them like he helped Cano. Plus he draws so much attention from the Media and fans, if you're a team like the Marlins and Dodgers this is the perfect guy to get you all the media exposure.

I defenitely think he's being traded because they have purposely embarassed him. You dont pinch hit Chaves for him, you dont sit him down multiple times to play Chaves for him. Listen to all the experts, they're all saying that the yankees are a better team with Arod in the line up.

I think this is the biggining for Hal. George is gone and so will be the massive spending. Hal wants to lower the payrol and might just blowup the roster to do that.
    I agree but Arod never was accepted by the fans. Never. Always in jeters shadow. He will never get accepted even if he hits 800 bombs.

Arod has been treated more than fairly by cash. Arod has brought on his own issues and the press have killed him. Not cash.

I'm done with him and I have been a HUGE supporter. He got paid, and produced. But if we can shed Arod, Swish and a Grandy, we will be much better off. Cano is my biggest disappointment. He's got Alfonso Sorianoitis this playoffs and its sad. He has been here long enough to not get into this type of funk. Especially hitting .500 in the last 20 games of the regular season.

We will be a new team by 2014 and I am excited about it. New blood always is a good thing. Like when they brought up Cano. We have talent in our system. Bring it on. Let the dodgers pay Cano all that $$$. We need pitching. Badly.

vCash
    I think Arod has lost most of his fire. He should be so pissed off right now it even funny. If jeter was slumping and benched, you think he wouldn't be publically pissed?

Arod to Miami is a perfect fit. He can be the man and mentor the kids at home. He wants and likes to do this it appears. I bet he owns a big part of the marlins in his lifetime. He is and forever will be loathed in NY.

Honestly? If I had to adopt a team structure right now, I like what the Giants have done. We need pitching and defense. Especially in our stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    I think Arod has lost most of his fire. He should be so pissed off right now it even funny. If jeter was slumping and benched, you think he wouldn't be publically pissed?

Arod to Miami is a perfect fit. He can be the man and mentor the kids at home. He wants and likes to do this it appears. I bet he owns a big part of the marlins in his lifetime. He is and forever will be loathed in NY.

Honestly? If I had to adopt a team structure right now, I like what the Giants have done. We need pitching and defense. Especially in our stadium.
    Pitching and defense is not the problem right now, it's the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Our pitching and defense has been equal if not better than the Giants this postseason. You must not have watched the playoffs this year if you believe we need pitching and defense.

vCash
    Why would they want him? The only choice we have is to outright release him and save his $ against the salary cap. That or keep him...

vCash

Source: A-Rod Trade May Be Discussed With Miami Marlins in Offseason

Arod will be gone, I hope the same is for swisher and granderson.. Still wish we never traded A-Jax

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash

Source: A-Rod Trade May Be Discussed With Miami Marlins in Offseason

If we trade Arod but eat salary, does it still affect our salary

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    There was an angel rumor about a week ago
    I saw a rumor that the Whitesox may be interested too !!!

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNYfan View Post
    Why would they want him? The only choice we have is to outright release him and save his $ against the salary cap. That or keep him...
    If someone wanted AJ Burnett, someone will want A-Rod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    the question is will arod want that someone. lets not forget AJ did veot a trade to the angels
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Oddly enough, this is true
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    There was an angel rumor about a week ago
    I saw a rumor that the Whitesox may be interested too !!!
    ray:

vCash

Report: Rodriguez Willing To Go Elsewhere

Alex Rodriguez's days appeared to be numbered in New York after his benching during the playoffs and the Yankees third baseman says he's open to going elsewhere.

Rodriguez won't lobby for a trade, a source told USA Today, but both sides are looking for a way out. He has five years and $114 million remaining on his contract.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman rejected a report that a deal was discussed with the Miami Marlins.

"I've had no discussions whatsoever with the Florida Marlins," Cashman said. "I can tell you there are no discussions whatsoever, 100 percent false. We are not down the line on any trade talks on any of our players, including Alex."

USA Today's report indicated that Rodriguez would only agree to go to a big-market team. He has a full no-trade clause in his contract.

Among the suitors could be the Marlins, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox, according to USA Today.

For now, Rodriguez continues to report for duty. He was not scheduled to be in the starting line for Game 4 of the American League Championship Series, which was rained out Wednesday night.

"I come to the ballpark feeling I can help the team win," Rodriguez told reporters, "and when you see your name is not in the lineup, obviously it's disappointing. I want to play. I'll always believe the lineup is better with me in it."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast