Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Yankees have to decide after this post season whether Cano is worth 8/160 (at a minimum) starting at age 32 after his poor post season. Just reminds me or the Soriano situation years ago. Heads need to roll and changes need to be made. Who else is movable with any value?
    They don't have to decide anything about Cano after this post-season.

vCash
    Trade Alex Rodriguez to the Marlins (They would take on his $) !!!
    Get Heath Bell take on his money. (Hope he bounces back to All Star form)
    Get younger at SS and 3rd Base. (Nunez will play a big role)
    Allow Jeter more DH time and rest (ankle injury)
    Keep Cano at 2B (trading him idea is pure idiotic)

Have a potential Bullpen next year of...
    Mariano Rivera
    Rafael Soriano (please don't leave!)
    David Robertson
    Heath Bell
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-18-2012 at 02:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomba26 View Post
    This is all just a big joke, right? Seriously ALL of this is pretty much unimaginable. Why would we literally gut the ENTIRE roster like that? Makes absolutely NO sense.....as for getting rid of Cano. Why would any of you be for losing the best second basemen in the game? More reason for me to believe that you should be required to take a test to prove your IQ is above 50 in order to let you post on this website.
    thank you, i didn't even want to quote the guy who said gut the team

as for Cano it's been ONE VERY bad Post-season it happens! I'm sure non of us have forgotten how he ended this regular season...right?
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 0 H-2 HR-0 RBI-1 BB-1 SO-0 AVG-.667 OBP-.750 SLG-.667

vCash
    IF it was up to me , my decision .. bare with me would be Fire Girardi and hire .... Jorge Posada as our manager

why? it seems like these new young managers know how to get the job done ( mike matheny, Ventura )

ok maybe thats a little far fetched but in all seriousness fire Girardi and hire a NEW manager, one who has a feel for situations ( Gardenhire, Scioscia, Joe Maddon ) God i wish i had anyone of those as a Yankees manager. Maybe it is someone young or maybe it can be Tony Pena?

I just feel as in Girardi isn't the right guy ( For the Yankees ) IMO he is an NL type manager with his statistics and "Binder''

As for A-Rod if we're going to eat his contract we might as well keep him because at the moment we have noone we can put @ third
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 0 H-2 HR-0 RBI-1 BB-1 SO-0 AVG-.667 OBP-.750 SLG-.667

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post
    IF it was up to me , my decision .. bare with me would be Fire Girardi and hire .... Jorge Posada as our manager

why? it seems like these new young managers know how to get the job done ( mike matheny, Ventura )

ok maybe thats a little far fetched but in all seriousness fire Girardi and hire a NEW manager, one who has a feel for situations ( Gardenhire, Scioscia, Joe Maddon ) God i wish i had anyone of those as a Yankees manager. Maybe it is someone young or maybe it can be Tony Pena?

I just feel as in Girardi isn't the right guy ( For the Yankees ) IMO he is an NL type manager with his statistics and "Binder''

As for A-Rod if we're going to eat his contract we might as well keep him because at the moment we have noone we can put @ third
    Girardi is most certainly not the problem. This was his best year as Yankee manager with the way he was able to pull a 95 win season out of his *** after we were rocked with multiple injuries, all of which were huge players. He had the pulse of the team all season and make right move after right move to get the absolute most out of this club. If we didnt have a gigantic payroll he would probably get manager of the year this season.

You can't blame him for what these hitters are doing because its just unexplainable. If anything you need to commend him for having the balls to pinch hit for Arod and bench all your star players when they arent performing. A lot of managers would just sit tight and ride or die with their big name guys because they would be too afraid of the fallout if they pulled them and got no production from their replacements.

So yea, Girardi is not the problem, its our overpriced ******** hitters that cant do a ****ing thing when it counts that are.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    I wonder if David wright is on the Yankees checklist

vCash
    I would have no problem with resigning Ichiro,then go with Gardner and lets see what Dickerson can do, I kinda like that kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnclss View Post
    get back stanton/morrison and we got a deal.
    marlins are probally jumping at the chance to make that deal.................
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Regardless of A-Rod's status, I think Cano is gone if the Yankees don't get past Detroit and at least make it respectable. Kinda reminds me of the Soriano situation years back.

So many other guys coming off bad years and playoffs making too much money as well (Granderson, Swisher, Tex and Martin). I think we might finally see a re-build. Might as well add CC to the mix, get under the 185 limit and stock up with youngsters for the future. Once that core is developed, we can once again try to sign some key free agents (hopefully with contracts not extending past the age of 35.

A. Cano and A-Rod (with salary relief) to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton and
    minor league prospects (non-pitching).

B. Soriano opts out.

C. Martin and Swisher leave in free agency.

D. Granderson and Hughes to Arizona for Justin Upton and a pitching
    prospect.

E. CC to Texas for MLB ready infield and outfield prospects.

F. Tex to the Nationals (with salary relief) for some prospects.

G. Let Mo retire.

H. Pick up Jeters option. Let him retire in style with a big fan fare in 2
    years.

I. Gardner is pushing 30. See what you can get for him in terms of
    youngsters.
    do you know what no trade clauses are? because at least 2 of your mvoes are ****ed because of them

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ay0rock2 View Post
    I wonder if David wright is on the Yankees checklist
    no, him and his option are on the mets checklist

vCash
    Some other teams that make sense other than the Dodgers and Marlins are the Angels and Whitesox. Not sure what their 3rd Base situation looks like, but they are possibilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddunagan View Post
    Arod is gone, it's only a matter of who the team is. It's obvious the Yanks decided this recently. I have to believe there is more going on behind the scenes beside his lousy production. They surely would have had him in the lineup and at a minimum pinch hit him last night. We are seeing the last of Arod in a Yankee uniform. 2009 was great for Alex but he's done nothing in the postseason before or after. This is the Yankees...it's all about the postseason. (Especially with a 27 million / year contract.) The upside fo the Marlins is that he would put more fans in the seats and they won't have to pay the Home Run incentives because he's never going to make it. (Unless of course they come up with a new synthetic steroid that can't be tested).

Edit: I gotta say though...Terrible job by the Yankees not keeoing this quiet. We're still playing baseball for goodness sake! Last thing this team needs is this *** distraction. We're probably done but couldn't this wait I until the off-season? Unprofessional is all I can say.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Some other teams that make sense other than the Dodgers and Marlins are the Angels and Whitesox. Not sure what their 3rd Base situation looks like, but they are possibilities.
    There was an angel rumor about a week ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    There was an angel rumor about a week ago
    arod for trout!

vCash
    Cano and Arod for Stanton and Miller?
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast