Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    cashman's been reading my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    No know actually knows. Because it's pure speculation. No one side is saying they are actually seriously discussing a deal.

But it would really depend on what the yankees are getting in return..would they take bell(I hope not)..what would change the amount of money on a-rod's contract they would take.
    Yeah obviously its way to early to speculate as the season isn't even over yet but Miami makes some sense.

Loria likes to make splashes (even if he usually deals that splash midway through the next season) and A-Rod is "Mr. Miami" like the article mentions. I could see it happening but like you said it would have to be contingent on what the Marlins take on in his contract and what they want to saddle you guys with in exchange (IE Bell)

The Dodgers make sense too with all the money they have been throwing around and they are certainly in win now mode so it's a possibility they take A-Rod hoping he can help get them over the top.

But honestly, i think he is just one of those untradeable pieces much like Jason Bay (even though he is infinitely more productive than Jason)
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-17-2012 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Arod is gone, it's only a matter of who the team is. It's obvious the Yanks decided this recently. I have to believe there is more going on behind the scenes beside his lousy production. They surely would have had him in the lineup and at a minimum pinch hit him last night. We are seeing the last of Arod in a Yankee uniform. 2009 was great for Alex but he's done nothing in the postseason before or after. This is the Yankees...it's all about the postseason. (Especially with a 27 million / year contract.) The upside fo the Marlins is that he would put more fans in the seats and they won't have to pay the Home Run incentives because he's never going to make it. (Unless of course they come up with a new synthetic steroid that can't be tested).

Edit: I gotta say though...Terrible job by the Yankees not keeoing this quiet. We're still playing baseball for goodness sake! Last thing this team needs is this *** distraction. We're probably done but couldn't this wait I until the off-season? Unprofessional is all I can say.
    Last edited by ddunagan; 10-17-2012 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    I just wonder at this point if he feels hes being disrespected to the point of no return. He can carry on the good teammate act as much as he wants but we all know this is not sitting well with him. It was one thing for him to be pinch hit for the 1st time, especially with Raul doing what he did. However the 2nd time it bothered him, then he was benched, now in an elimination game hes been benched again, bridges may be getting burnt beyond repair.
    agreed.

I seriously doubt Arod would veto any trade if he's going to be benched and pinch hit for.

I keep thinking he's untradeable, but then I see what Girardi has done to him and think, maybe he knows something.

vCash
    At this point we must get rid of him, still think we need to get a good piece in return but theres no way we can start next season with a roid

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    I still believe A-Rod has a couple good years left. He just needs to stay on the damn field.

vCash
    I still want to know why so many people are wanting to get rid of Robinson Cano, do you want to watch this offense from the playoffs year round?

vCash
    Oh thank god, This was the stupidest contract ever, Whoever is stupid enough to trade for him be my guest.

They should eat 65 percent of his remaining deal just to get rid of him and as punishment to them for giving him that contract after he opted out of his original one.

Thanks A Rod for that World Series, but I have had enough of this head case.

You think, just maybe we can get jose reyes, move him to second and Cano to Third. Not Likely I kNow... just wishful thinking.

vCash
    A-Rod certainly isn't viewed favorably by many, but lets try to be practical. The guy has been really banged up for the past 3 years (hip, knee, shoulder, etc.) and his swing is just not as fast and fluid as it needs to be to enable him to be successful. Look at Jeter in 2010 and 2011. No different. Will it come back? Maybe. Maybe not.

But, pinch hitting for him and keeping him out of crucial playoff games is just not right and the controversy doesn't help this team. He isn't the only one not hitting. Would Jeter be treated this way? He certainly wasn't in 2010 and 2011 when he couldn't hit the ball out of the infield.

Now let's look at the situation on a forward looking basis. There is so much unnecessary tension and animosity being created that it will be impossible for A-Rod and Girardi to coexist next year. The trust has been broken. Even if you can move him and he agrees to the trade, the Yankees are not in a position of strength and will have to eat the majority of his deal without getting something valuable in return. Moreover, who will pay third base? Chavez? Nunez? The team will be weaker and still will have no financial flexibility

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYGBP View Post
    I still want to know why so many people are wanting to get rid of Robinson Cano, do you want to watch this offense from the playoffs year round?
    Regardless of A-Rod's status, I think Cano is gone if the Yankees don't get past Detroit and at least make it respectable. Kinda reminds me of the Soriano situation years back.

So many other guys coming off bad years and playoffs making too much money as well (Granderson, Swisher, Tex and Martin). I think we might finally see a re-build. Might as well add CC to the mix, get under the 185 limit and stock up with youngsters for the future. Once that core is developed, we can once again try to sign some key free agents (hopefully with contracts not extending past the age of 35.

A. Cano and A-Rod (with salary relief) to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton and
    minor league prospects (non-pitching).

B. Soriano opts out.

C. Martin and Swisher leave in free agency.

D. Granderson and Hughes to Arizona for Justin Upton and a pitching
    prospect.

E. CC to Texas for MLB ready infield and outfield prospects.

F. Tex to the Nationals (with salary relief) for some prospects.

G. Let Mo retire.

H. Pick up Jeters option. Let him retire in style with a big fan fare in 2
    years.

I. Gardner is pushing 30. See what you can get for him in terms of
    youngsters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Regardless of A-Rod's status, I think Cano is gone if the Yankees don't get past Detroit and at least make it respectable. Kinda reminds me of the Soriano situation years back.

So many other guys coming off bad years and playoffs making too much money as well (Granderson, Swisher, Tex and Martin). I think we might finally see a re-build. Might as well add CC to the mix, get under the 185 limit and stock up with youngsters for the future. Once that core is developed, we can once again try to sign some key free agents (hopefully with contracts not extending past the age of 35.

A. Cano and A-Rod (with salary relief) to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton and
    minor league prospects (non-pitching).

B. Soriano opts out.

C. Martin and Swisher leave in free agency.

D. Granderson and Hughes to Arizona for Justin Upton and a pitching
    prospect.

E. CC to Texas for MLB ready infield and outfield prospects.

F. Tex to the Nationals (with salary relief) for some prospects.

G. Let Mo retire.

H. Pick up Jeters option. Let him retire in style with a big fan fare in 2
    years.

I. Gardner is pushing 30. See what you can get for him in terms of
    youngsters.
    This is all just a big joke, right? Seriously ALL of this is pretty much unimaginable. Why would we literally gut the ENTIRE roster like that? Makes absolutely NO sense.....as for getting rid of Cano. Why would any of you be for losing the best second basemen in the game? More reason for me to believe that you should be required to take a test to prove your IQ is above 50 in order to let you post on this website.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomba26 View Post
    This is all just a big joke, right? Seriously ALL of this is pretty much unimaginable. Why would we literally gut the ENTIRE roster like that? Makes absolutely NO sense.....as for getting rid of Cano. Why would any of you be for losing the best second basemen in the game? More reason for me to believe that you should be required to take a test to prove your IQ is above 50 in order to let you post on this website.

Totally agree with this. Would like to see Granderson, Swisher, Rodriguez gone though. Re-sign Ichiro for a 2 year deal, Ibanez 1 yr deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomba26 View Post
    Obviously not serious. Just wishful thinking.

But, I do believe both Granderson and Cano are gone. Both have had horrible post seasons and have big contracts on the horizon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasP View Post
    Totally agree with this. Would like to see Granderson, Swisher, Rodriguez gone though. Re-sign Ichiro for a 2 year deal, Ibanez 1 yr deal
    Yankees have to decide after this post season whether Cano is worth 8/160 (at a minimum) starting at age 32 after his poor post season. Just reminds me or the Soriano situation years ago. Heads need to roll and changes need to be made. Who else is movable with any value?

vCash
    well come 2013 arod or girardi will have to go. the tension is obvious. take your pick who goes.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast