Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    m.a.a.d. city is straight fire

"made me an angel on angel dust" ... ****ing G

vCash
    I'll definitely listen to it. But the reviews have made my expectations so high it will probably end up being a disappointment.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Exactly.

Pay attention to the lyrical content and the stories he tells and if you don't get him then, you don't like real hip hop.
    Or it just means you don't like his music. I think he's great, but don't take it too far. Not liking Kendrick Lamar (or any artist for that matter) isn't an indictment on someone's musical tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    I'll definitely listen to it. But the reviews have made my expectations so high it will probably end up being a disappointment.
    Don't pay attention to reviews or other peoples opinions, just for your own thoughts on it bro

vCash
    it's his major label debut, and he brings in MC Eight as a feature. k-dot is the ****ing man

this album is ridiculously good

vCash
    I loved this album and Kendrick Lamar. Channel orange wasn't that impressive to me personally. I bumped it for a weak, but it wasn't that good. Not in the same conversation as this album.
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

"and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

vCash
    "The hype continues to grow, and although some have taken offense with the early label of good kid, m.A.A.d. city as an instant classic, there is no doubt it is one of the best albums of the year, and now Kendrick Lamar looks poised to not only receive critical acclaim but commercial success as first week projections predict 200k in first week sales.

K.Dot’s first major studio album with Aftermath-Interscope is expected to debut at number two on Billboard 200, according to HDD. Only falling behind Taylor Swift who is projected to sell an absurd one million units this week."

Damn Taylor Swift is gonna go Platinum in the first week :0

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccspence8 View Post
    "The hype continues to grow, and although some have taken offense with the early label of good kid, m.A.A.d. city as an instant classic, there is no doubt it is one of the best albums of the year, and now Kendrick Lamar looks poised to not only receive critical acclaim but commercial success as first week projections predict 200k in first week sales.

K.Dotís first major studio album with Aftermath-Interscope is expected to debut at number two on Billboard 200, according to HDD. Only falling behind Taylor Swift who is projected to sell an absurd one million units this week."

Damn Taylor Swift is gonna go Platinum in the first week :0
    What can you say? America knows good music.

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAfan4life View Post
    I loved this album and Kendrick Lamar. Channel orange wasn't that impressive to me personally. I bumped it for a weak, but it wasn't that good. Not in the same conversation as this album.
    I found this funny after reading your sig.

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I found this funny after reading your sig.
    lol
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    Channel Orange has held up for me, so in the time being, it is better than this. That will likely change.

However, whoever doesn't like the hooks needs to take another listen. Kendrick has some of the most hypnotic, captivating hooks in Hip-Hop... sometimes. Other times, they're weak. But hooks are only one part of the genre. Beats, lyrics, storytelling, ability to just create a unique sound.. and he pulls the strings on those to a perfection.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    I'm not a fan of r&b so Channel Orange isn't even in consideration for me. After listening to gkmc a few times, it easily takes album of the year for me. Honestly, it could end up being in my top albums of all time eventually.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    I'm not a fan of r&b so Channel Orange isn't even in consideration for me. After listening to gkmc a few times, it easily takes album of the year for me. Honestly, it could end up being in my top albums of all time eventually.
    In the long run, I probably agree.

And I hate RnB.. but Frank Ocean's voice is so smooth and crisp.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    I tried to get into channel ORANGE but "Forest Gump" and "Pink Matter" were the only tracks I really, really got into.

Trill Team

vCash
    If we saw Kendrick Lamar and Frank Ocean on a song together, my entire body would probably just explode.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast