Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where would you rank the Cubs minor league system?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7, 8 or 9

16 28.07%
  • 10, 11 or 12

31 54.39%
  • 13, 14 or 15

10 17.54%
Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Je-zus Christ...so I don't have a soul and was reading the old draft threads rather than communicating with the people that like me on Christmas and came across this:

Almora immediately becomes the Cubs' best prospect, even over Anthony Rizzo.
    Keith Law the week of the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Je-zus Christ...so I don't have a soul and was reading the old draft threads rather than communicating with the people that like me on Christmas and came across this:

Well that requires people that like you existing...

Hey-o.

Merry Christmas

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    I have 5 friends and they are loyal!

Merry Christmas.

vCash

I remember this... I remember already being extremely high on Almora and then seeing Law say that and I go even more excited then I already was about him.

vCash
    Separating the Cubs pitchers and hitters....

Pitchers:

1: Arodys Vizcaino - Reliever or starter, looks like a solid bet to impact a pitching staff at the ML level. Strong build lends more hope to being a starter than you might expect as a short pitcher, but needs a third pitch and successful recovery.

2: Juan Carlos Paniagua - He will have to earn this in 2013. Purely on intuition here.

3: Duane Underwood - Sick nasty awesome upside and the youngest guy on this list. Arguably the highest ceiling of the pitchers, and might beat Maples as the best athlete.

4: Albert Cabrera (as a reliever) - Underrated 2012 season.

5: Pierce Johnson - Don't buy him as a ML starter, but love him as a late inning arm.

6: Dillon Maples - High upside as a starter but with his mechanics being an issue the back of the pen is another highly positive outcome. Big time bust potential, arguably the largest of anyone on this list.

7: Tony Zych - Late inning potential.

8: Trey McNutt - Make or break next year?

9: Ben Wells - Big body will only be 20 next year. Sinker/slider type with the ceiling of a Jake Westbrook type.

10: Austin Reed - Big body, hard fastball, young, and came out of HS with a change up.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-26-2012 at 08:58 PM.

vCash
    Remember when hayden simpson was suppose to be something.

vCash
    Can't say that I do. One of the most hated first round picks ever. I think both Wells and Reed will give us something from that 2010 draft.

vCash
    I like Pierce Johnson as a starter and I'd actually go as far as to say that I might like him more than Underwood.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    He's too breakable for my taste. Underwood's already got a thicker, sturdier frame and still has tons of time and room to fill out and/or match Johnson's laundry list of injuries. Any pitcher who can dislocate a knee during a bullpen session should automatically draw durability questions.

vCash
    Even though his frequency of injury is higher than I'm comfortable with, I'm willing to chalk those up to coincidence for now. None have been of the threatening nature. The knee was absurd, lol, but I love the kids makeup. His secondary stuff is considerably better than Underwood's at this point.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Dislocating a joint is no coincidenc to me. His secondary stuff should be more advanced with 3 and half years and college on him.

The pitcher I really want to hang my hat on is Paniagua, but I can't just yet.

vCash
    Dislocating a joint is no coincidenc to me. His secondary stuff should be more advanced with 3 and half years and college on him.

The pitcher I really want to hang my hat on is Paniagua, but I can't just yet.
    Isn't that what a dislocation is, though? A rare-ocurring freak injury? He'll fatten up while he hones his craft.

I'm not real sure what I think of Paniagua to be honest.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    A dislocation not only increases the chances for further dislocations, but happens because there's a weakness building up towards that. Johnson's battled injuries pretty consistently since at least his senior year of HS, and even had an elbow issue earlier this season.

I'm also not even sure he'll gain starter's weight. The growth in his early 20's would have to be large, and it is not something I would be willing to count on. Then there's his mechanics to fix..Lots of obstacles for Johnson, and it's not the knock it used to be to project a guy as a late inning bullpen arm over a starter.

vCash
    A dislocation not only increases the chances for further dislocations, but happens because there's a weakness building up towards that. Johnson's battled injuries pretty consistently since at least his senior year of HS, and even had an elbow issue earlier this season.

I'm also not even sure he'll gain starter's weight. The growth in his early 20's would have to be large, and it is not something I would be willing to count on. Then there's his mechanics to fix..Lots of obstacles for Johnson, and it's not the knock it used to be to project a guy as a late inning bullpen arm over a starter.
    Knee dislocation can happen any time, any place, for any reason, to anyone out there. I did it running in a straight line. Ditto my best friend. It happens.

And one dislocation doesn't necessarily spell disaster if it's rehabbed correctly. If they just let the swelling go down and then said get back out there, then sure, be worried. I doubt that's the case, though. I'd be very surprised if he does that ever again pitching on a mound anywhere. He might have caught a cleat or something stupid like that and while that happens, it's not like every time he ever does that he'll dislocate his knee.

The other issues are worth worrying about. The knee thing, without a history of knee problems (which could exist, I have no idea) is not worth being concerned about. People tear **** up just walking down the street. Being mobile has risks. Adding athletic movements increases the risks. Every pitcher in baseball is at risk for dislocating their knee. All it takes is a little fatigue and just the right pressure.
    Last edited by Milnertime; 12-27-2012 at 05:34 AM.

vCash
    Nobody just randomly dislocates a part of their body without either a tremendous force being applied or a major weakness around the joint. That dislocation is just one of many injuries that have me worried about his body's ability to hold up to an ML starter's workload. Even in his most healthy college season he had a small elbow issue.

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast