Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where would you rank the Cubs minor league system?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7, 8 or 9

16 28.07%
  • 10, 11 or 12

31 54.39%
  • 13, 14 or 15

10 17.54%
Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I can't help but notice how far down Logan Watkins is, and I like it.
    http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2010/...0x195-8940.jpg

vCash
    My player comps for the Three Who Will Save Us:

Baez - Rickie Weeks - Weeks was a former #2 overall out of college, and another one of those "zomg 70/70's a'comin" guys. I think Baez will be the better defender, wherever that may be (cough).

Almora - Moises Alou offensively. I can't tell you what it is that makes me think Almora is a stud, but I think Almora is a stud. I can half explain it - he does everything well, projects to get better at some really key things (namely patience and power), and nobody comes close to him as far as makeup is concerned in this organization. Hell, in the past ten years the only Cub I can think of with comparable make up is Lee.

Soler - Dave Winfield - A behemoth, prototypical RF with power and defense. Despite the size allowing for a larger strike zone, won't pile up the K's. This would be nice. Soler was by far the toughest one for me. I know even less about his game than the other two right now. OTOH, interesting to see the era Winfield played in...in '81 the league OPS was .693 with a .321 OBP and .372 SLG. Then again, the PED of choice at the time was probably coke or some other amphetamine.

vCash
    cocaine is not an amphetamine
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Almora - Moises Alou offensively. I can't tell you what it is that makes me think Almora is a stud, but I think Almora is a stud. I can half explain it - he does everything well, projects to get better at some really key things (namely patience and power), and nobody comes close to him as far as makeup is concerned in this organization. Hell, in the past ten years the only Cub I can think of with comparable make up is Lee.
    Szczur is a pretty solid makeup guy. It's not every MLB prospect who takes time off to donate bone marrow to a dying toddler.

vCash

2012 Minor League Thread 10.0

Yeah I think Rizzo, Barney, and Szczur would all at least be in the best make-up conversation.

vCash

Baez - Rickie Weeks - Weeks was a former #2 overall out of college, and another one of those "zomg 70/70's a'comin" guys. I think Baez will be the better defender, wherever that may be (cough).

Soler - Dave Winfield - A behemoth, prototypical RF with power and defense. Despite the size allowing for a larger strike zone, won't pile up the K's. This would be nice. Soler was by far the toughest one for me. I know even less about his game than the other two right now. OTOH, interesting to see the era Winfield played in...in '81 the league OPS was .693 with a .321 OBP and .372 SLG. Then again, the PED of choice at the time was probably coke or some other amphetamine.
    ... why?
    Yeah it's a palindrome
    Go Cubs Go! O-H! Go CBJ! Go Phins!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckcub View Post
    ... why?
    Lolololol

vCash
    Just curious what you guys thought about a prospect for prospect trade involving B-Jax for Dom Brown? Both hit well in the minors but haven't been able to make the transition to the bigs, Brown is a year older than Jackson. Power lefty corner OF vs Power/Speed combo CF.

vCash

Baez - Sheffield.

Almora - Beltran.

Soler - Mondesi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Baez - Sheffield.

Almora - Beltran.

Soler - Mondesi.
    I just don't like these Carlos Beltran type comparisons. Beltran had more power. I think a CF playing (as in, plus defensive skills, as opposed to negative defender), no-platoon splits, David DeJesus is a more likely scenario.

Beltran was a 30 home run hitter. Almora's ceiling seems to be more in the 20 home run range. Less stolen base ability as well, as most scouting reports claim Almora's not that swift of a runner.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Baez's ceiling isn't even Sheffield. He doesn't have Sheffield's contact ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Baez's ceiling isn't even Sheffield. He doesn't have Sheffield's contact ability.
    Yeah I'm not big on Sheffield comp's either. Dude had a career 10% K%. Baez wont sniff that.

You want to talk about the quickness of his wrists? Yeah I can see bat speed/wrists as a Sheffield comp, but his K rate wont ever approach Gary's.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Baez - Sheffield.

Almora - Beltran.

Soler - Mondesi.
    Sheffield deeeeestrooooooooooooys Baez as far as plate discipline goes, and he was doing it from day 1.

Sheffield was up by 19, permanently by 20. Baez will be playing High A at 20.

AT 18 in High A Sheffield walked 81 times and struck out 48 times.

The Sheffield comps for Baez are all based on bat speed.

vCash
    I also think Almora will be a much better player than DeJesus. DeJesus' career high was 13 HRs and 11 SBs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    cocaine is not an amphetamine
    True. Oops.

Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast