Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Where would you rank the Cubs minor league system?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7, 8 or 9

    16 28.07%
  • 10, 11 or 12

    31 54.39%
  • 13, 14 or 15

    10 17.54%
Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1124
  1. #496
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah CF is a longshot but if he moved to the OF it's where Lake would probably start. It's all about maxing value. He's certainly athletic enough to try there.

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    22,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He thinks Junior Lake is a CF candidate? C'mon Newman.
    That was meant to be in a Jerry Seinfeld voice right?
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)


  3. #498
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,528
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wowolfol View Post
    that was meant to be in a jerry seinfeld voice right?
    100%.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,195
    vCash
    1500
    Except it's just a quick, "Newman!".

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,528
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad IBCB View Post
    Except it's just a quick, "Newman!".
    I took a few liberties to get my point across.

    In the end, while Lake may, some day, I guess, see CF....he wont be any time soon on the MLB team. He's not even playing OF, let alone CF, the hardest of the OF positions.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,802
    vCash
    1500
    Anthony Rizzo was named to the Triple-A All-Star team:

    Anthony Rizzo (23) of Parkland, Fla., hit .342 with 23 home runs and 62 RBIs in 70 games before the Chicago Cubs called him up to the Majors. At the time of his promotion, the Iowa Cubs first baseman ranked first in Triple-A with a .696 slugging percentage and 43 extra-base hits, second in homers and sixth in batting average. The Cubs acquired Rizzo in a trade with San Diego in January.


    I heard you were looking for me.

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,492
    vCash
    1500
    Can't complain about the Brigham for Loux swap. Brigham seemed to have bullpen written all over him. Loux has very little ceiling, but he probably immediately jumps to our 2nd best upper minors starter behind Vizcaino.

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hrubes20 View Post
    Can't complain about the Brigham for Loux swap. Brigham seemed to have bullpen written all over him. Loux has very little ceiling, but he probably immediately jumps to our 2nd best upper minors starter behind Vizcaino.
    It does seem like the floor on Loux might be a bit higher.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,785
    vCash
    1500
    What kind of stuff does Loux have? I am not all that familiar with him.

  10. #505
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    Best pitch is a fastball that can sit in the low 90s, next best pitch is a change up, everything else is average at best. Even the change up isn't really above average moreso than its better/more consistent than the slider or curve ball.

    Conventional mechanics, average size, good build, and a history of arm troubles. A SP prospect for sure but as boring as a SP prospect might be.

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,492
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Best pitch is a fastball that can sit in the low 90s, next best pitch is a change up, everything else is average at best. Even the change up isn't really above average moreso than its better/more consistent than the slider or curve ball.

    Conventional mechanics, average size, good build, and a history of arm troubles. A SP prospect for sure but as boring as a SP prospect might be.
    6"5", 220 lbs is average size?

    But yes, he is a pretty boring SP prospect. BOR starter, but in a system void of even those in the upper levels right now, I'll gladly take it. A lot of Joe Blanton in him.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hrubes20 View Post
    6"5", 220 lbs is average size?

    But yes, he is a pretty boring SP prospect. BOR starter, but in a system void of even those in the upper levels right now, I'll gladly take it. A lot of Joe Blanton in him.
    Randy wells proved you can have success with average stuff and good control.

    He also proved that when you lose your good control, and all you have is average stuff, the ball can fly a long way...


    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  13. #508
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    Loux is not 6'5".

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    Maybe you just don't know what you're talking about.

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Loux is not 6'5".
    That's not what the reliable internet says

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=loux--001bar


    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •