Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where would you rank the Cubs minor league system?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7, 8 or 9

16 28.07%
  • 10, 11 or 12

31 54.39%
  • 13, 14 or 15

10 17.54%
Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Should be interesting to see what happens with Golden if he is in Kane County and Almora is starting in CF.

vCash
    It'd be very hard to find PT for Lake at 2b in the organization in the near future. We don't have any super-amazing prospects there, but we have enough to fill all the levels.

vCash
    It was an ACL tear or something that kept him out of last year wasn't it? Tough start to his career.

EDIT: What everybody else said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    It'd be very hard to find PT for Lake at 2b in the organization in the near future. We don't have any super-amazing prospects there, but we have enough to fill all the levels.
    Yeah, that's true. Hopefully he just puts it all together at SS, 3B, or RF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StrandedCub View Post
    It was an ACL tear or something that kept him out of last year wasn't it? Tough start to his career.

EDIT: What everybody else said.
    Still only 21 though. And he has 5-tool potential from what I've read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Still only 21 though. And he has 5-tool potential from what I've read.
    Certainly not 5-tool. Godlen's going to be big. He's more prototypical RF if anything. He's got a nice arm, should develop good power. His questionmarks come into play with his conditioning and his raw playing ability. Very boom-or-bust.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Certainly not 5-tool. Godlen's going to be big. He's more prototypical RF if anything. He's got a nice arm, should develop good power. His questionmarks come into play with his conditioning and his raw playing ability. Very boom-or-bust.
    That's the problem: almost none of his athleticism has translated to great baseball potential yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    That's the problem: almost none of his athleticism has translated to great baseball potential yet.
    Yeah it's been sad to see him not develop great yet. Have to hope that this year he can start putting it together, but he's fallen way out of my top 20 right now and that's not really a good thing considering the state of our farm right now. There's a lot of potential in there, just have to hope it rear's its' head.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    I'd hope they'd at least try him at 2B before they just considered him someone who didn't pan out.
    Hard to recall a 2B at any point with his kind of size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Hard to recall a 2B at any point with his kind of size.
    Ryno was a tall dude (6'2 i think) but Lake might grow to be the size of an NBA shooting gaurd.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Completely forget about Golden. Any word on the rehab?

vCash
    Comment From Andy
    I don't think Brett Jackson is the Cubs answer in CF. With that being said, what do you think of Matt Szczur as a future big leaguer?

Mike Newman:
    Yes, but I don't think he's the answer either. I wonder if Junior Lake can rise from the depths and make a run at the CF job?
    Comment From Jay
    Wouldn't Alberta Almora be the cubs centerfielder of the future?

Mike Newman:
    You know, you are right. I was more thinking the CF of the near future. if Jackson and the guy with the name I can't spell are the two contenders, then Lake needs to come out fighting.
    Comment From bob horner
    What do you make of LoMo's future on the field? Will he come back next year and perform well?

Mike Newman:
    No offense to LoMo, but he has never really performed well has he? 2.4 WAR in 1146 career plate appearances is not good. That's not even average regular territory. To be honest, I thought he'd be a .285/.365 hitter or so with 15-18 HR potential at 1B. I'd prefer that more than I would the current version of him.
    Comment From Kevin
    Raul Ibanez was on an MVP ballot

Mike Newman:
    I saw some stuff on Twitter about Ibanez and did not connect the dots. I had to look it up to believe it. Please send all emails to John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press. he's the guy who cast that ballot. And... he did it over his own Austin Jackson!
    Comment From Daniel
    Mike Stanton to the Red Sox for J. Bradley, M. Barnes, B, Brentz, De La Rossa, G. Cecchini, R. Lavarnway. Fair? Overpay? Underpay?

Mike Newman:
    The Marlins might be tempted to urinate on that offer.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...s-chat-111612/

Just a few excerpts I thought were interesting from Mike Newmans prospect chat on fangraphs. Only two Cubs questions though.

vCash
    He thinks Junior Lake is a CF candidate? C'mon Newman.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Haha....to the last one
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He thinks Junior Lake is a CF candidate? C'mon Newman.
    I don't think it's that bizarre, Lake is a good athlete, but yeah CF is unusual for Lake, RF is much more likely and a better spot.

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast