Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Julyan Stone out "possibly until January"

Nuggets backup PG Julyan Stone out possibly until January

Julyan Stone is still recovering from his hip surgery, and today Nuggets coach George Karl said his No. 3 point guard could be sidelined all the way until January.

The Nuggets love the undrafted 6-6 point guard who, as a rookie last season, showcased a strong work ethic and the ability to play the point at such height. Still, he didn’t play much last season and probably wouldn’t have played too much this fall, but the team continues to develop Stone, who works out often with the touted assistant coach John Welch.

At the point, Denver starts Ty Lawson and Andre Miller comes off the bench, giving Denver, what Karl calls, “two starting point guards.”

While the Nuggets have 15 guys under contract, the still have two additional PGs in camp – Anthony Carter and Ben Uzoh.

Asked about how his team will handle the PG position with Stone out, Karl said, “It’s a philosophical discussion to have at the end of camp.”
    DP

Damn misses the first two months of the season...and may end up ruining a season of development.

vCash
    damnnn, poor guy, he's running out of time to prove to everyone what he can do.

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    I would hate to see him get cut and replaced by one of those other bums. I'm sure Fournier could take his place at point during garbage time any way.

vCash
    I said this was gonna happen a few weeks ago.

Who do the nuggets roll with then. Uzoh or AC?
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 10-17-2012 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    If they keep AC I may end up crying. I can't stand that bum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    If they keep AC I may end up crying. I can't stand that bum.
    Agreed, I got a sick feeling when I heard he was in camp since GK is still a fan for some reason.

vCash
    We should sign Kalin Lucus, I remember he was SOOO good in college, and than he went undrafted and played outta U.S, but he was playing for the spurs summer league this year.

last season- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H473_sSZ2yM
    college- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0OIp-xbuxk
    this isn't WOWing but i always thought he had potential. hes better than AC too.

why do we have AC in camp?!? dudes small, old and slow. he's as athletic as karl. he should be coaching or something not playing.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    Please, please, please no AC. I dont mind him being invited to training camp but really should not be given an NBA roster spot over a younger player such as Stone or Uzoh.

I would rather they save the spot for Stone and make changes if either Ty or Andre Miller get injured before Stone is back.

vCash
    I'm guessing he's in love with his "defense"....or the effort that he shows on defense..

vCash
    what about johnny flynn? he just got released by get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DJiC View Post
    what about johnny flynn? he just got released by get
    Replied in other thread, but I think Denver are high on Stone and willing to wait. however, I think Flynn would be better than Carter (Definitely) and Uzoh (probably).

vCash
    Jimmer Fredette? I mean Kings don't even use him.... has zero opportunity in Sacramento, Isiah Thomas and Aaron Brooks, Evans, and Thornton.... with miller getting older, maybe Jimmer the future back-up for ty long term. he'd be a solid 3pt shooter. just thought he be a perfect fit here, think he has a bright future if given the opportunity somewhere. Jimmer and Fournier, nice back-up duo... just an idea

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...portunity.html

just a article, saying how he has no opportunity and hes been in some trade rumor talk....
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 10-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    i think kings would take miller and brewer for him,and we would make some space for jham

vCash

Smile They Like Him...The REALLY Like Him.....

Well, Carter and Uzoh have been waived so either they really like Stone or those two just didn't show very much....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Well, Carter and Uzoh have been waived so either they really like Stone or those two just didn't show very much....
    Interesting. Not a big deal though since lawson/miller will be playing the point all year and neither get injured much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast