Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    perhaps they did... did the 76ers improve in a magnificent fashion that i'm unaware about?
    The difference between the 6 and 7 seed last season was 1 game lol. Maybe we are on the same page big guy

vCash
    Simple thing: post your predictions for this upcoming season's playoffs. Do the Western Conference & the Eastern Conference, or only one if you'd like. I'll start:

East
    1. Miami Heat
    2. Boston Celtics
    3. Indiana Pacers
    4. Chicago Bulls
    5. New York Knicks
    6. New Jersey Nets
    7. Philadelphia 76ers
    8. Atlanta Hawks

ECF: Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls

West
    1. Oklahoma City Thunder
    2. San Antonio Spurs
    3. Los Angeles Lakers
    4. Denver Nuggets
    5. Los Angeles Clippers
    6. Memphis Grizzlies
    7. Dallas Mavericks
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves

WCF: Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Finals: Celtics vs Lakers ... Lakers in 6
    If the Bulls make it to the ECF I don't seem them losing to Boston. Miami maybe but not Boston imo. But by your rankings you have Chicago beating Miami in the 2nd round which is another reason why i don't think they'll lose to Boston cuz after beating Miami they'll be on a high and Rose i don't think will be gassed. Their bench should be better as well. just my thoughts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncbball234 View Post
    I picked them to get one seed higher then you did. Thats probably the difference of a couple games. Am I missing something here?
    Nope, just being a smart ***. A healthy Bulls team can beat Miami, agreed? Not saying they absolutely will 10 out of 10 times. But it's absolutely possible and plausible. Factoring in that Miami didn't improve over the off-season, and i think the Bulls did, that's why i think the Bulls will win. Comprende?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    If the Bulls make it to the ECF I don't seem them losing to Boston. Miami maybe but not Boston imo. But by your rankings you have Chicago beating Miami in the 2nd round which is another reason why i don't think they'll lose to Boston cuz after beating Miami they'll be on a high and Rose i don't think will be gassed. Their bench should be better as well. just my thoughts.
    Rose was gassed in the 2011 playoffs. The possibility will be there. I just think Boston is gonna be sick nasty this year; Their bench will be even better than ours or Denver's.

vCash
    Nope, just being a smart ***. A healthy Bulls team can beat Miami, agreed? Not saying they absolutely will 10 out of 10 times. But it's absolutely possible and plausible. Factoring in that Miami didn't improve over the off-season, and i think the Bulls did, that's why i think the Bulls will win. Comprende?

Rose was gassed in the 2011 playoffs. The possibility will be there. I just think Boston is gonna be sick nasty this year; Their bench will be even better than ours or Denver's.
    No because IMO the Heat did get better. Yes we can we can beat them a few times in a series but are not winning 4 out of 7. Unless Wade pulls a Delonte West.

vCash
    No because IMO the Heat did get better. Yes we can we can beat them a few times in a series but are not winning 4 out of 7. Unless Wade pulls a Delonte West.
    How did the Heat get better? remember, Ray Allen=Mike Miller

vCash
    How is Ray Allen helping them get better exactly? Ray Allen will simply take Mike Miller's, James' Jones, and some of Mario Chalmer's playing time away. Or if he doesn't, he's taking playing time away from Dwyane Wade which is not an improvement. He'll be a stand still shooter that was injured frequently last year and eventually benched by Doc Rivers. I just don't see how that's an improvement when Chalmers/Wade/James > Allen, while also having Shane Battier to give time to.

vCash
    How is Ray Allen helping them get better exactly? Ray Allen will simply take Mike Miller's, James' Jones, and some of Mario Chalmer's playing time away. Or if he doesn't, he's taking playing time away from Dwyane Wade which is not an improvement. He'll be a stand still shooter that was injured frequently last year and eventually benched by Doc Rivers. I just don't see how that's an improvement when Chalmers/Wade/James > Allen, while also having Shane Battier to give time to.
    Bro depth is a good thing. Ray Allen is 100 times better then Mike Miller and James Jones. With Lebron playing the 4, 4 of those players you listed can be on the floor at the same time. Ray Allen is the best 3 point shooter to ever play the game, maybe he lost a step but he hasn't lost his shoot

vCash
    Not saying it will or won't work, but I could see them playing this line-up quite a bit:

PG: Chalmers
    SG: Allen
    SF: Wade
    PF: James
    C:Bosh

And because James can defend some PF's I don't really see that line-up having too much difficulty on defense. Sure, they'd have weaknesses(rebounding and playing against bigger teams i.e. the Lakers) but on offense they'd be a nightmare.

And I read somewhere that they want Bosh to play more center so that's probably to have Bron play some power forward as well.
    I got this

vCash
    That being said, I have a hard time not seeing a Celtics/Heat ECF. I'm a little surprised to see so many people picking us to make it to the ECF.

Depending on match-ups, I could see us making it to the 2nd round and I have a hard time seeing us going any further than that.

I had us going 42-40 in the regular season, so that puts us in the 6-8 range. 6th seed, we advance(pending Rose's health of course). 7th or 8th seed, out in 1st round.

All in all, I'd go Heat vs. Lakers finals with the Heat winning.
    I got this

vCash
    He will also help them a lot scoring off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bodupp311 View Post
    Not saying it will or won't work, but I could see them playing this line-up quite a bit:

PG: Chalmers
    SG: Allen
    SF: Wade
    PF: James
    C:Bosh

And because James can defend some PF's I don't really see that line-up having too much difficulty on defense. Sure, they'd have weaknesses(rebounding and playing against bigger teams i.e. the Lakers) but on offense they'd be a nightmare.

And I read somewhere that they want Bosh to play more center so that's probably to have Bron play some power forward as well.
    Meh, Wade at the 3 isn't all that wonderful

He will also help them a lot scoring off the bench.
    Explain how Ray Allen is immensely better than the combo of Miller & Jones. Last year that combo played 1,418 minutes and scored 422 points (while making 99/231 threes or 42.8%). That's 0.30 points per minute. Ray Allen last year played 1,565 minutes and scored 655 points, or 0.42 points per minute. He made 106/234 threes or 45.3%.

Factor in that he won't have such a high usage percentage, and won't play as many minutes in Miami, and the difference is like saying I have 100 rocks in my garden instead of 93. It's hardly noticeable.

vCash
    Meh, Wade at the 3 isn't all that wonderful

Explain how Ray Allen is immensely better than the combo of Miller & Jones. Last year that combo played 1,418 minutes and scored 422 points (while making 99/231 threes or 42.8%). That's 0.30 points per minute. Ray Allen last year played 1,565 minutes and scored 655 points, or 0.42 points per minute. He made 106/234 threes or 45.3%.

Factor in that he won't have such a high usage percentage, and won't play as many minutes in Miami, and the difference is like saying I have 100 rocks in my garden instead of 93. It's hardly noticeable.
    There is more to this wonderful game then stats. Who do you trust shooting a clutch 3? His intangables make a big difference And he is a much better defender. But what do I know Mr Shammy Hollinger

vCash
    There is more to this wonderful game then stats. Who do you trust shooting a clutch 3? His intangables make a big difference And he is a much better defender. But what do I know Mr Shammy Hollinger
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Explain how Ray Allen is immensely better than the combo of Miller & Jones. .
    Do you read what you write??? Mike Miller and James Jones vs the best 3 point shooter ever.

vCash
    James Jones won against Allen and Pierce in the 3pt shoot out. Best 3 point shooter ever? I thought Korver had that record.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast