NL Roy
    1 Bryce Harper
    2 Wade Miley
    3 Tod Frazier

Not going to do GG or SS.

vCash
    Nevermind.

vCash
    Wait, I specifically remember JEFFY saying Braun shouldn't win the MVP award, and that was back when he had a moderate lead on major categories over everyone....and now Brauns numbers are a lot closer to his competition for the award, Jeffy wants to give him the award?

Based on what? I think it's pretty clear Posey is more valuable to his team this year than Braun was to his.

They were virtually equal offensive players taking out positional value, so factoring in you're getting that type of offense from a catcher vs a left fielder.....much more value there.

And Posey plays catcher, the most demanding/valuable defensive position in baseball and he plays it well....compared to left field one of the least demanding/valuable.

I'd LOVE to hear Jeffy defend Braun over Posey.

vCash
    lol youre delusional if you think cabrera shouldnt win mvp, especially with the fact that he carried the tigers through to the post season. look at that lineups production all year, go on.. and come back and speak to me.

jesus christ lol
    triple crown and they barely made it into the playoffs should mean something, unless ur a homer, than u should jsut leave the MLB forum and stay in your pages forum.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Angels missed postseason
    Tigers got into the post season

=
    Cabrera wins AL MVP.

the trip crown, leading the tigers into the playoffs is just the icing on the cake.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    lol youre delusional if you think cabrera shouldnt win mvp, especially with the fact that he carried the tigers through to the post season. look at that lineups production all year, go on.. and come back and speak to me.

jesus christ lol
    triple crown and they barely made it into the playoffs should mean something, unless ur a homer, than u should jsut leave the MLB forum and stay in your pages forum.

Angels missed postseason
    Tigers got into the post season

=
    Cabrera wins AL MVP.

the trip crown, leading the tigers into the playoffs is just the icing on the cake.

So you're saying Trout should get punished becuase the Angels play in a better division? They did finish with a better record than the Tigers.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post

So you're saying Trout should get punished becuase the Angels play in a better division? They did finish with a better record than the Tigers.
    I am saying trout's team didnt get to the playoffs, who cares about the record?
    Cabrera carried his team throughout the season. maybe you just started watching baseball, so let me break it down for you.
    a triple crown is RARE.
    there is no argument to be made AGAINST cabrera, end of discussion.
    whine/cry about it, shows your lack of baseball knowledge.

you will see that cabrera will win the mvp, and when he does, dont disappear from PSD

LETS GO HEAT

vCash

just leave if you're laughin over those facts.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Cabrera carried his team throughout the season. maybe you just started watching baseball, so let me break it down for you.
    a triple crown is RARE.

you will see that cabrera will win the mvp, and when he does, dont disappear from PSD
    I think most people acknowledge Miggy will the the MVP. He shouldn't though, as he was not more valuable than Trout. Personally I don't care though, and I'm kinda rooting for Miggy just because it'll annoy people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I think most people acknowledge Miggy will the the MVP. He shouldn't though, as he was not more valuable than Trout. Personally I don't care though, and I'm kinda rooting for Miggy just because it'll annoy people.
    ..... without cabrera, would the tigers reach the post season, yes or no?

they finished only 3 games ahead of the white sox.

so pls answer the question..

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    a triple crown is RARE.

I would put together a post stating the reasons why Trout deserves to win or how the points you made are useless. However I have a feeling that you won't comprehend the post and just post more gibberish that makes you look foolish.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    and now all of a sudden the angel's division is supposedly more tougher when the oakland a's had an oriole type season?
    i dont buy it.

im honestly baffled that people on here are arguing with a triple crown.. lol makes no sense to me. a triple crown and literally carrying your underachieving team to the playoffs after the pathetic start the tigers went off to, add to the fact that their bullpen is a joke, and the fact that verlander is the only starting pitcher with an era below 3.40.

than you look at the angels, who had a solid closer, granted their sp wasnt all too impressive, but the main thing, is that lineup had albert pujols who had the same amount of hrs and more rbis.

cabrera LEAD his team IN BA, SLUGGIN, AND RBIS, HRS...
    added to that, his team went to the post season. LOL i still cant believe this is up for debate. what does trout have on cabrera?

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    ..... without cabrera, would the tigers reach the post season, yes or no?

they finished only 3 games ahead of the white sox.

so pls answer the question..
    That's not a qualification for MVP though, guys like Andre Dawson have won an MVP being on a last place team.

Trout is the better player and the advanced metrics back that up.

His fWAR is worth almost 4 more wins above replacement than Cabrera's (10.8 to 7.1)

rWAR is the same deal (10.7 to Miggy's 6.9)

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...text-included/

And Trout still comes out on top. Ignore defense. Ignore things like going first to third on a single, or taking the extra base on a fly ball. Ignore WAR. Trout still wins. This is how amazing his season actually was. Even if you strip away the things that make Mike Trout special, he was still the best offensive performer in the American League this year, even while starting the season in the minors. This isn’t just the best performance of 2012 – it’s one of the best individual performances in the history of baseball.
    Mike Trout should win the MVP but it's most likely gonna go to Miggy because the sentiment is in his favor having achieved the triple crown.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-18-2012 at 12:02 PM.

14. 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM
    Reason
    Insulting, do not insult posters

vCash
    I would put together a post stating the reasons why Trout deserves to win or how the points you made are useless. However I have a feeling that you won't comprehend the post and just post more gibberish that makes you look foolish.
    Yup, not worth the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's not a qualification for MVP though, guys like Andre Dawson have won an MVP being on a last place team.

Trout is the better player and the advanced metrics back that up.

His fWAR is worth almost 4 more wins above replacement than Cabrera's (10.8 to 7.1)

rWAR is the same deal (10.7 to Miggy's 6.9)

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...text-included/

Mike Trout should win the MVP but it's most likely gonna go to Miggy.
    i was pointing out the head to head of cabrera's value to the tigers compared to trout's value to the angels.
    advanced stats is just one aspect you use to judge who wins the mvp, not the only thing. i get it that trout had a historical season, but its nothin compared to Cabrera's season.

triple crown, and lead his team by HIMSELF to the post season. cabrera is not a defensive player, trout is a much better defensive player. however i think we all know who is the more Valuable player to their team, and that is Cabrera.

just sayin.

LETS GO HEAT

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast