Just like last year, I will be hosting the annual PSD awards votes.
You will submit your vote for each available award by PM. If you simply post it in this thread, IT WILL NOT COUNT.
You are also welcomed to post in this thread your selections, but it isn't necessary and again, that will not count as your vote. You must Private Message me your ballot!!!!
The deadline for submitting ballots is midnight November 2nd, so you'll have through 1st to send your ballot in.
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES
There have been some changes to the ballots, most notably the Gold Glove award for outfielders.
1) All ballots must be sent by Private Message to Jeffy25.
2) Please try to be as unbiased as you can when voting. Please vote for players based on the merits of their performance and the award at hand. Don't vote for your favorite players if they're clearly not worthy.
3) All ballots must be easily readable. Each award has multiple slots on the ballot. Please number your ballot for each award so that the spot you place a player is easily seen. Alternatively, you can list players separated by commas, with your #1 vote being first, #2 second, and so on.
4) You do not have to vote for each award. Just make sure to designate which awards you are voting for. See the following for an example of an organized ballot:
1) Player X
2) Player F
3) Player V
4) Player FH
5) Player YF
6) Player ET
7) Player UV
8) Player AG
9) Player ED
10) Player YI
1) Player Z
2) Player A
3) Player B
4) Player UR
5) Player KF
6) Player AD
7) Player WE
8) Player PL
9) Player CB
10) Player GH
AL Cy Young
1) Player 1
2) Player 2
3) Player 3
4) Player 4
5) Player 5
NL Cy Young
1) Player 6
2) Player 7
3) Player 8
4) Player 9
5) Player 10
AL MVP: Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4, etc.
AL Cy Young: Player 1, Player 2, Player 3
AL ROTY: Player 1, Player 2, Player 3
5) Please fill out the EXACT amount of slots available for any awards you're voting for. For MVP, please list exactly 10 players, no more, no less. For Cy Young, exactly 5 pitchers. For Gold Glove and Silver Slugger, exactly 3 players per position, and so on.
6) Any ballots that don't adhere to these rules will not be counted. I will reply to you if your ballot does not follow the rules, and give you a chance to resubmit it in accordance with the rules.
The awards we will be voting on are as follows. Each award will have two winners, one from each league, so please vote separately for each league in each award. Note that this does not apply to the Loaiza/Anderson/Turnbow awards, which will have one winner from all of MLB rather than one per league. The numbers in parenthesis are the amount of players per league each voter must list on their ballot.
For the 10-slot MVP ballot, a 1st place vote is worth 14 points, a 2nd place vote is worth 9 points, a 3rd place vote is worth 8 points, and so on down to a 10th place vote being worth 1 point.
For the 5-slot Cy Young ballot, a 1st place vote is worth 7 points, a 2nd place vote is worth 4 points, a 3rd place vote is worth 3 points, a 4th place vote is worth 2 points and a 5th place vote is worth 1 point.
For all 3-slot ballots, a 1st place vote is worth 5 points, a 2nd place vote is worth 3 points, and a 3rd place vote is worth 1 point.
Here are the number of votes you need to fill out
One per league:
Most Valuable Player (10)
Cy Young Award (5)
Rookie of the Year (3) (The rookie thresholds are 130 at bats, 50 innings pitched, or 45 days on the active roster of a major league club, excluding time on the disabled list. A player who, at the beginning of the season, is over any of those thresholds is not eligible for the award.)
Relief Pitcher of the Year (3)
Hank Aaron Award (3) (Best offensive performer)
Gold Glove (3 P, 3 C, 3 1B, 3 2B, 3 3B, 3 SS, 3 LF, 3 CF, 3 RF)
Silver Slugger (3 P in NL, 3 DH in AL, 3 C, 3 1B, 3 2B, 3 3B, 3 SS, 3 LF, 3 CF, 3 RF)
Manager of the Year (3)
General Manager of the Year (3)
Comeback Player of the Year (3)
Breakout Position Player of the Year (3)
Breakout Pitcher of the Year (3)
One for MLB:
Esteban Loaiza Award (3)
Brady Anderson Award (3)
Derrick Turnbow Award (3)
Please make note that each separate outfield position will get its own award for Gold Glove. On your ballots, please list a player at the position which he played the most games.
For descriptions of the following six awards - Comeback Player, Breakout Position Player, Breakout Pitcher, Esteban Loaiza, Brady Anderson, Derrick Turnbow - along with possible candidates, please see the Preliminary Discussion Thread. For the Loaiza/Anderson/Turnbow awards, we will only be awarding one player, rather than one player per league, so please vote accordingly. This is due to the limited number of candidates.
Please feel free to post or PM any questions you may have. Thanks all, and I look forward to the voting!