Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From some of the headlines I'm reading around Oct 16 2011 saying Lyoto will step in and face Jones because evens is not ready... So if he jumped in the gym right away that gives him 5 or so weeks. I don't think they count the week before the fight from what I understand is they do very little right before the fight.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    From some of the headlines I'm reading around Oct 16 2011 saying Lyoto will step in and face Jones because evens is not ready... So if he jumped in the gym right away that gives him 5 or so weeks. I don't think they count the week before the fight from what I understand is they do very little right before the fight.
    he stepped in for rashad but it wasnt short notice, it was 8 weeks before the fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Whatever I guess it will sell well, just sucks no LHW or BW champ fights until almost May of next year!!!
    Why no BW? Don't tell me Barao is waiting for Cruz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    Why no BW? Don't tell me Barao is waiting for Cruz.
    Yep!!! His manager said it today
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Something else to keep in mind is that just because these guys are coaching on the show that doesn't mean the fight will ever happen..... Chuck vs Tito III and Brock vs JDS were instances where you could see them going for starpower and predictably didn't happen and were just for show. This could end up being the same way and us seeing somebody like the Gus vs Shogun winner get that shot.
    That's very possible and if that's what the UFC is doing, they're f-ing geniuses. In fact, I hope that's the case lol.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Yep!!! His manager said it today
    That's another thing that annoys me. But it's been like that for a while now. If you become a top fighter, then we can pretty much guarantee he won't fight more than twice a year.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    That's very possible and if that's what the UFC is doing, they're f-ing geniuses. In fact, I hope that's the case lol.
    I totally agree with the possibility they pass on the Sonnen/Jones championship bout at the end of TUF, but Machida would still be one fight away from contending again and have to pick up another opponent. While that's not a bad thing per say, Machida may possibly lose his contender spot.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 10-19-2012 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    Lyoto is going to have to win two fights before he gets a shot at the very least

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Now Sonnen said Hendo is going to be one of his assistant coaches.

With that news, I swear I won't be surprised one bit if Sonnen gets "injured" and Hendo ends up fighting Jones.
    -----

vCash
    'UFC 360' ad declares 'The Ultimate Fighter 17' debuts Tuesday, Jan. 22

"The Ultimate Fighter" is apparently moving to Tuesday.

An advertisement in the new issue of "UFC 360," formerly known as "UFC Magazine," declares the upcoming 17th season of "The Ultimate Fighter" debuts on Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 9 p.m. ET.

UFC and FX officials have yet to make an official announcement, however representatives from both companies have since confirmed the change with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). UFC President Dana White was a little more coy.

"That day sounds good to me," White told MMAjunkie.com.

After 14 seasons on Spike TV, the past two seasons of the series aired on FX on Friday nights. In October, FX exec Chuck Saftler revealed the network had decided to move the show to a different night in an effort to revive declining ratings, but did not at the time specify which night ultimately would host the series.

Promotion officials had been keeping the new timeslot private as rival promotion Bellator Fighting Championships also was expecting to move out of its Friday slot and into a new night of the week to coincide with its transition from MTV2 to the UFC's old broadcast partner, Spike TV. Bellator executives also have not made an official announcement, but as MMAjunkie.com first reported, the company has already started securing venues for Thursday nights in 2013, beginning with Jan. 10 in New Jersey for what is expected to serve as Bellator 85.

The Tuesday night slot means "The Ultimate Fighter" could potentially serve as a lead-in for FX's popular "Sons of Anarchy" series, which currently airs on Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. ET and this past week drew more than 4.2 million viewers. FX-original series "Justified" takes that 10 p.m. ET timeslot in January and will likely follow "TUF 17."

The UFC, of course, in 2011 started a partnership with FOX and left its former home of Spike TV, which has continued to air taped content throughout 2012. In addition to live events that have aired on FOX, FX and FUEL TV, the new deal brought the 15th and 16th seasons of "The Ultimate Fighter" to Friday nights on FX.

"TUF 17," which began filming in October and wraps in the coming weeks, is expected to feature middleweight fighters. However, UFC and FX officials have yet to reveal the cast. UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen serve as coaches on the show and are expected to meet in the headlining event of an April UFC pay-per-view event.
    This a a start, Tuesdays are much better than Fridays, but 9pm is a more competitive time slot.

I think is safe to say that the ratings will go up, but the problem for FX and the UFC will be trying to determine what played a bigger role, having Sonnen as a coach? Or moving the show to Tuesdays?

Another thing to keep an eye on is Bellator, I think they're also moving to Tuesdays, so it's going to be interesting to see how much of an impact either will have against each other.
    -----

vCash
    I thought bellator was moving to Thursdays?

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    'UFC 360' ad declares 'The Ultimate Fighter 17' debuts Tuesday, Jan. 22

This a a start, Tuesdays are much better than Fridays, but 9pm is a more competitive time slot.

I think is safe to say that the ratings will go up, but the problem for FX and the UFC will be trying to determine what played a bigger role, having Sonnen as a coach? Or moving the show to Tuesdays?

Another thing to keep an eye on is Bellator, I think they're also moving to Tuesdays, so it's going to be interesting to see how much of an impact either will have against each other.
    I love the fact that its on at 9:00. I'm always up from 9-10, but not always up from 10-11.

Will this in combination of Sonnen/Jones, Tuesday, 9 pm on FX be the result of good ratings that TUF has been waiting for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I thought bellator was moving to Thursdays?
    You're right, I got my days mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU812 View Post
    I love the fact that its on at 9:00. I'm always up from 9-10, but not always up from 10-11.
    The time is way more convenient, plus Tuesday's is a pretty slow night as far as shows goes (for me anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by EricU812 View Post
    Will this in combination of Sonnen/Jones, Tuesday, 9 pm on FX be the result of good ratings that TUF has been waiting for?
    I think the ratings will go up, most MMA fans will watch the show because of the Sonnen factor and his pro wrestling schtick. Because of that, this would be the perfect opportunity for the UFC/FX to come up with a way to reinvent the show, so that all those potential viewers stay around for TUF 18 and beyond.
    -----

vCash
    Dana White has sparked interest in series 17 of The Ultimate Fighter, revealing one contestant sends every opponent to hospital. White could be accused of trying to raise interest in TUF following a dire 16th season, but the UFC president insists he will be proved to be telling the truth when the series airs.
    "I know you guys are going to call bulls**t on me and all that," White said. "[But] This next season is so awesome and so badass. We have a guy on this season of The Ultimate Fighter, every fight he's in, someone goes to the hospital.
    "The whole house is terrified of this guy. F***ing terrified. Everybody.
    "I picked this fight, and this guy is lined up with the guy I'm telling you about, and the guy has a nervous breakdown in the house over the weekend. Has a f***ing nervous breakdown. Freaks out and has a nervous breakdown.
    "This guy scared the living s**t out of everyone. It's awesome."
    http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/184743.html

I'm curious to see who this guy is, he put all 4 people he fought in the hospital.

R.I.P. Dad

vCash
    The Ultimate Fighter 17 cast revealed

The Ultimate Fighter season 17 featuring coaches Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen premieres Tuesday, January 22 at 8ET/PT on FX Networks. FX has released the cast list (via USA TODAY) and here it is. The cast features Strikeforce vets in Kevin Casey, Zach Cummings, PXC contender in Ryan Bigler. and and Legend FC vet in Dylan Andrews. Nik Fekete, Uriah Hall and Tor Troeng were all featured in the Bloody Elbow Scouting Report. Troeng is also believed to be the fighter Dana White has been talking up as "the terror of TUF 17."

The cast:

Dylan Andrews (16-4-1), 32, Gold Coast, Australia (by way of New Zealand)
    Kito Andrews (9-2), 34, Sacramento, Calif.
    Luke Barnatt (5-0), 24, Cambridge, England
    Leo Bercier (7-2), 31, Great Falls, Mont.
    Ryan Bigler (9-3), 28, Yona, Guam
    Kevin Casey (5-2), Hawthorne, Calif.
    Adam Cella (4-0), 27, Fenton, Mo.
    Zach Cummings (15-3), 28, Kansas City, Mo.
    Andy Enz (6-1), 21, Anchorage, Alaska
    Nik Fekete (5-1), 32, Las Vegas
    Kelvin Gastelum (5-0), 20, Yuma, Ariz.
    Uriah Hall (7-2), 28, New York City (by way of Jamaica)
    Collin Hart (4-1-1), 23, Santa Rosa, Calif.
    Clint Hester (7-3), 25, Atlanta
    Jake Heun (3-2), 25, Salt Lake City
    Mike Jasper (6-0), 29, Camarillo, Calif.
    Nicholas Kohring (3-0), 22, Valley Springs, Calif.
    Robert "Bubba" McDaniel (20-6), 29, Albuquerque, N.M.
    Fraser Opie (10-5), 29, Milton Keynes, England (by way of South Africa)
    Mike Persons (3-0), 28, Manteca, Calif.
    Jimmy Quinlan (3-0), 26, Metheun, Mass.
    Scott Rosa (4-1), 26, Sparks, Nev.
    Joshua Samman (9-2), 24, Tallahassee, Fla.
    Gilbert Smith Jr. (5-1), Colorado Springs, Colo.
    Eldon Sproat (3-1), 27, Molokai, Hawaii
    Tor Troeng (15-4-1), 29, Umea, Sweden
    Eric Wahlin (5-1), 29, Taylorsville, Utah
    Timothy Williams (7-1), 26, Millville, N.J.
    Seems like everyone is guessing that Troeng is the "killer" that sends everyone to the hospital.

Uriah Hall is another one that's getting hype. His 2 losses are to Costa Philippou and Chris Weidman.
    -----

vCash
    I have to give the UFC huge props. They did an amazing job editing and producing this season. You can tell they really went all out on this season, and they had to or they would be out of TUF. I can already tell it's going to be extremely successful.

Also, Uriah Hall is a monster. I checked his record, his only losses are to Phillipou and Weidman, two top 10 guys at 185.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast