Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    I know people are excited about the ratings, and etc. This was a desperation move to save TUF, because they know the ratings are so bad. But this is a MASSIVE credibility blow to the sport, no matter how you look at it.

Chael Sonnen basically once again got a title shot by his mouth although this time it was even worse because he loses to Anderson Silva and then moves up in weight to challenge Jon Jones, are you kidding me?

This is the most undeserving title shot I of all time. (Is it even a title shot!?!??!?!)

Can someone try and argue how this fight is legit at all? What about Dan Henderson? Machida?

This was a pathetic desperation move. The UFC has become the WWE.... Also tell me again why Nick Diaz can't fight Anderson Silva??? That's as big of a freakshow as this fight is!!
    EXACTLY!!! The last 3 guys to fight the top-2 fighters in the sport have been complete and UTTER trash. This is such a crock and a massive middle finger in the face of true fans of the sport.

vCash
    Sonnen gets the fight because he talks... horrible decision.... HORRIBLE job UFC
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    I'd rather pay to see Phil Davis or Glover Teixeria fight Jon Jones before I would Sonnen. That big mouthed fool is going to get worked and the rest of the fighters are getting the SHAFT!!

AND WTF happened to Cormier getting a shot?? Dana is a freaking idiot.

vCash
    Lol...fight will be over in round 1 but ufc is about to make some $ and get some ratings.

vCash
    I don't care who coaches TUF, but if it stays at its current Friday Night timeslot I probably won't be watching. I miss Wednesday night TUF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
    I don't care who coaches TUF, but if it stays at its current Friday Night timeslot I probably won't be watching. I miss Wednesday night TUF
    yea wednesday is a lot better.

vCash
    Stupid but they're obviously desperate for ratings. Honestly, I love the UFC, but not even this will get me to watch that stupid show. It's become a male version of America's Next Top Model.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
    It will be on Friday, that's why they are making this move. Unfortunately no one will watch.

vCash
    As everyone is alluding to, this is obviously for ratings, and it will work. Sonnen is money when he is talking; he is very engaging and funny. They need to move it from Friday as well, but I for one will watch this because I think Sonnen is hysterical. The fight on the other hand, not sure I'll be watching; it's just too undeserved and I already know what is going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    You couldn't pay me to watch this POS show. It's 1 hour of my life I will never get back.

vCash
    Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

vCash
    Get it of fridays and I might watch it but I doubt it.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    This really bothers me as a long time fan of the UFC and the sport in general. And on so many levels....

(1) This sends the blatant message that we care about ratings and ppv buys and not about the credibility of the UFC as a sport. Because otherwise how can you justify giving Chael Sonnen a title shot at 205 when he is 3-5 in his career at that weight, 0-1 in the UFC at that weight and lost his last fight at a smaller weight class.

(2) This is a big middle finger to the rest of the guys in that division. Because this is now 2 middleweights in a row that have moved up right into a title shot at 205. So is Dan Henderson not worthy of a title shot? He has won 4 fights in a row with them being against Shogun, Fedor, Feijao and Babalu. All 4 of those wins are bigger than any Chael has ever had at 205. Hell Glover and Gus are more deserving at 205.

(3) It was just 2 MONTHS AGO that Dana White himself said that Chael Sonnen is nowhere near a title shot at 205 and that he will not be able to talk himself into one as well. As usual Dana is exposed as being full of ****. So 2 months ago Sonnen was at least 2 solid wins away from a title shot and now he is getting handed one....

"He's a long way away. He's not coming off the (Anderson) Silva fight and just talking his way into a 205-pound world title shot. [Sonnen] is going to have to beat a couple of the best in the world. If he beats Forrest Griffin, we'll shoot him right into the top five and let him fight some of those guys there, and we'll see what happens."
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/dan...fight-2237521/

(4) From a matchup standpoint Chael Sonnen has nothing to offer in a fight against Jon Jones. Jon Jones has better striking, wrestling, BJJ, cardio, speed, strength, reach etc.

(5) They won't let Nick Diaz move up to fight Anderson Silva (which is a much more interesting matchup IMO) but they let 2 middleweights in a row move up to fight Jon Jones. And Silva has cleaned out his division more so than Jon Jones IMO

(6) This isn't gonna fix the Ultimate Fighter. This is essentially putting a band-aid on a broken bone. The issue isn't drawing new fans. The issue is keeping fans. This started off with over a million viewers last season and it has kept dropping to where it is now in the 600,000-700,000 range.

Last weeks ratings were the lowest ever for the series and that was coming after a week that had a huge spike in viewers because of UFC on FX 5 and yet those ratings plummeted the next week. So they got a huge boost in viewers because of that free televised event and not only were they unable to keep those viewers they also lost additional viewers as well.

This will be the same way. The ratings will go up big time with Jones and Sonnen as coaches. But the next season they will be right back in the toilet unless they have other big name coaches. Just go back and look at TUF 9, 10 and 11. TUF 9 had terrible ratings and was a lousy season. Then they done TUF 10 which had Rampage, Rashad and Kimbo etc. and done huge numbers. Well TUF 11 comes out and they go right back to where they were before the show. One season isn't gonna save this series because it has simply become stale.

vCash
    we should boycott.

vCash
    The UFC/MMA is no longer a legitimate sports organization anymore. To me it's a cut above WWE. I expect we'll be seeing Couture in line as the #1 contender soon enough.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast