Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The View Post
    yea Jones' whole team being concerned with who they fight is ****in stupid. If you're on the show you should be confident that you can beat anyone, or else why the **** are you there?
    That may be true, but I still think all the fighters should try to follow a path that would put more odds in their favor. I'm also not so sure I'd want to be in a fight that could also kick me out due to injury. Why get banged up early if I can lay and pray the first round of it? Does it make for a good fight or even an entertaining fight? Absolutely not, but the goal is the win the tournament, not to have the biggest ego and take risks I don't need.

Do I respect those fighters who want the best? Sure. Some of them even make a name for themselves for wanting to fight the best. They will win some fans over as well as their teammates. They MAYBE even make a big enough name to get signed anyway. It still doesn't mean its smart.

I think of it like many other types of playoff brackets. I would much rather avoid the toughest teams and survive the tournament.

There are just too many benefits to winning the whole TUF tournament. My odds of living out that dream would be better being matched up to my strengths. I don't blame these guys at all for wanting to put the odds in their favor.

vCash
    Okay, when is this show even on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Okay, when is this show even on?
    It's on FX every Tuesday at 9pm est.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EricU812 View Post
    That may be true, but I still think all the fighters should try to follow a path that would put more odds in their favor. I'm also not so sure I'd want to be in a fight that could also kick me out due to injury. Why get banged up early if I can lay and pray the first round of it? Does it make for a good fight or even an entertaining fight? Absolutely not, but the goal is the win the tournament, not to have the biggest ego and take risks I don't need.

Do I respect those fighters who want the best? Sure. Some of them even make a name for themselves for wanting to fight the best. They will win some fans over as well as their teammates. They MAYBE even make a big enough name to get signed anyway. It still doesn't mean its smart.

I think of it like many other types of playoff brackets. I would much rather avoid the toughest teams and survive the tournament.

There are just too many benefits to winning the whole TUF tournament. My odds of living out that dream would be better being matched up to my strengths. I don't blame these guys at all for wanting to put the odds in their favor.
    I get that guys like certain matchups, because that even happens with guys on the main UFC roster. but in that episode Jones' team made such a HUGE ****in deal about it like it was the end of the world. It makes sense that you wanna face a certain guy, but odds are you aren't gonna get the opponent you want for every fight so deal with it...

vCash
    I would agree with you more if you don't have the power of the pick. But their team did have the power to pick. I think pychologically Jones had to be frustrated as a coach to hear them complaining about their matchups.

I know Jones intention was to send a message and take out Chaels top pick (somewhat of a weak pick) but there were just too many better options in my opinion to start the season. In fact, I think he did the exact opposite of taking the mental advantage and getting his team his team to bond.

I think we even saw with the Bis/Mayhem TUF how well Mayhem was able to pick fights that were to his benefit. Jones just didn't capitalize on the whole "first fight" advantage.

That being said, I would have been pissed off at the pick but complaining after the choice was made was pointless. I would have instantly turned into the biggest supporter of my team to pull the upset and would have done all I could do to help him prepare. To me, it just showed how the team will use this as an excuse now. Which is not the way you want to start a season. They need some teamwork soon if they want to better their chances of winning.

And really at this point, all the momentum is Chaels side and some guys are going to have to fight matchups they don't want.

vCash
    Dana has said all the fighters from tuf 17 have been given at least 1 more fight in the ufc. And there. Is something to be said for asking for tough fights, we all know that loosing in the ufc doesn't always mean u get cut. That and there is nothing wrong with selling yourself.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Dana has said all the fighters from tuf 17 have been given at least 1 more fight in the ufc. And there. Is something to be said for asking for tough fights, we all know that loosing in the ufc doesn't always mean u get cut. That and there is nothing wrong with selling yourself.
    Thats the best point that I've read so far. Honestly I just don't feel like talking about it anymore. Not with tonights show approaching...Is Hall the Monster? We'll soon find out.

vCash
    Wow the result looked scary for sure.

vCash
    Holy ****

vCash
    Heel to cheek was nasty. But Hall's attitude once he saw he was hurt was top notch. Hall's a good guy.

vCash
    I think we all knew Uriah Hall was going to win this fight. Dana was right, that was the most vicious knockout in TUF history.

vCash
    damn I wont be able to see it... Was it sick? Maybe youtube will have tomorrow

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    I was waiting and waiting and waiting for it to happen, with 10 seconds left, I told my wife, "I guess the KO will happen in the 2nd round" and before I was done, boom!

Here's the gif, if you haven't seen the episode don't click on it.
    -----

vCash
    No one can beat Hall, he's too good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana White
    I wanted to put up the raw uncut version of the KO 2 nite on@TUFonFX up on the website and our lawyers and the network said no ****in way!

We will see what I can do

In my 13 years at UFC I have only seen 5 KO's like this.
    I don't blame them, that KO was nasty.
    -----

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast