Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's obvious Musgrave is taking a lot of WELL deserved criticism, but from what I am told by a lot of people who actually go to the games is that our receivers Jenkins, Armashodu, and Burton cannot beat one on one coverage. Also with the type of threat AP poses we really need to sell the PA and from what I can see Ponder does a poor job of that with the fake handoff. Only thing we can do is hope for improvement.

vCash
    Amazing run blocking or not with Burton there is no reason Jarius should not be getting a shot. I think he could effectively run the bubble screen opposite Harvin. If thats all hes grasped in the playbook hes still more effective than Burton. It pisses me off that even though it was a preseason game Jarius had more combined yard receiving in one game than our entire WR in the 3 previous games combined.

Unless he lost a hand in a freak accident I refuse to believe he is doing that bad in practice. No worse than what some of these guys Burton, Carlson are doing on the field. What happened to week 4 when he was ready and Frazier was "so excited to get him into the mix". Sherels is OK at returning punts, but thats it hes ok. If it means dressing jarius over him so be it let the most dangerous return man in the NFl Harvin return punts for one game.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 10-23-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    It is obviously a bad time to fire an OC after 1/2 a season when we are 5-3. I think Musgrave has gotten better, but my main gripe is I think we lost our identity. Why are we trying play action pass with a struggling QB on 3rd and 2? After the Allen scuffle and sack on the next play that we forced them to punt the dome was going crazy and the momentum was ours to take. If we focus on moving the chains and getting a score we could have been looking at 30-24 at that point. Instead I believe it was 3rd and short we try a pass play and don't convert and punt and it completely deflated us. Our identity is #28. That is who we are on offense and we need to climb on his back to open up the pass game. At this point I would be afraid to have Ponder throw the ball at all if I was calling plays. We keep hearing about "things we need to improve on and work on to get better". Well lets stop talking about it and do it. My thought going into last night was if we win all 3 before the bye at 8-2 we would be in the playoffs. If we go into the bye 7-3 I think our chances drop significantly with our last 6 game schedule being brutal. With that said last night was the most winnable game before the bye week so I am not sure we don't go into the bye 6-4 or even 5-5. If that happens I don't know that we finish .500 for the season. The next two games are must win or we don't have a chance to make the post season IMO.

vCash
    edit ;
    wrong thread
    Last edited by cyber16; 10-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Whether it's too early to fire him or place all the blame on him is besides the point. Musgrave didn't really have the credentials of becoming our OC and play caller. He's not deserving of the position at all and there's got to be some better offensive mind out there ready for a shot. Not talking bout Billick either. Alan Williams (I believe that's his name right?) has done great coming over as a secondary coach who earned the right to become a defensive coordinator. Why can't we find someone young that's a offensive guru? That or we'll just have to hire a mainstay type of guy who's been around the NFL for awhile to fix the offense because damn... im sick of being outcoached and outschemed when we have the kind of talent on the field that we do...

Sean Payton Josh McDaniels and other offensive minds could do wonders with Harvin, AP, and Rudolph but we're just wasting them with the mediocre offensive coordinators we've had since Billick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I just can't stand Musgrave, and I'll say it till the day he's fired. He has no crediantals to be a OC, all he is is a glorified QB coach who calls ****** plays.
    Preaching to the choir

vCash

Our OC got Harvin hurt

Say what you want but its coming to surface that Ponder has little options but to throw the ball away or to just try to throw it to the Primary route,,,,on every passing route. Please to God I hope there isn't anyone out there anymore that cant see that every 3rd or 4th play we throw the ball, in the flats to Harvin. All of Harvins yards on these plays this season has come from making 1 to 2 guys miss,,,the first one almost always takes his head off. Well this P.O.S. OC we have finally called his last straw with me,,,,I hold him personally accountable for Harvins injury,,,,the play was so predictable it was haunting.

Ponder sucks right now I know but these calls are not only loosing us games and making me want to throw up but now people are getting hurt...IF FRASIER KEEPS THIS ***** UP I SAY WE FIRE HIS *** ASWELL....GO VIKINGS BUT THIS IS NOT THE TEAM I GREW UP WATCHING AND LOVING.

vCash
    I mean I made a thread awhile ago that we should have fired him. A lot of people disagreed. I wonder where everyone stills stands with that because its pretty damn obvious that Musgrave is the part of diarrhea that splashes up onto the underbelly of the toilet seat and stays there for awhile until someone notices.

vCash
    BTW if your RB is rushing for 180 yrds in a game and the box is stacked and you have the likes of Kalil, Kyle, and a mobile Ponder that can roll out or Bootleg,,and you dont call that God Dam Play,,,you shouldn't be calling plays on the High School Level. We dont even need TDs with our QB,,,With AP and Walsh all we need is just a couple of passes over 10 yards....thats it,,,thats it,,,thats it....do you get it. This if disgusting what I am seeing right now...and yes you dumb ***** it is way worse than Childress right now...it is very worse.

vCash
    To be fair I did see a play that looked like a bootleg that had Aromashadu WIDE OPEN and Ponder absolutely missed him for the first down

vCash
    But regardless the Vikings need to ship Musgraves play calling responsibilities to the grave.. bury that ****

vCash
    I seen that too and Ponder could of proved me wrong when I was criticizing him during the play and while im in mid-sentance of ripping him....he proves me right...Culpepper and T-Jack did the same thing.

vCash
    Can someone delete this thread please

vCash
    This is why I stopped coming to this forum for the most part, way to much going on. Don't post a thread like this unless perhaps it was an actual news article. It's misleading.

vCash
    This is one of the dumbest threads of the year. I agree Musgrave is an idiot but blaming him for Harvin's injury because he tries to get Harvin the ball a lot is stupid. Trying to get the ball in Harvin's hands a lot is the one thing he actually does right. That type of injury could of happened to anybody on the team. Musgrave is not at fault for his injury.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast