Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Everyone last year said we need to get Rudolph involved, Musgrave has made him into a top TE...We said get Percy involved, Musgrave has made him a top WR...When AD can get 25-30 carries a game we are going to be a great offense, god forbid we draft or sign a legit #1 wide-out

vCash
    I know it didn't help that we gave up 38 points and that isn't on Musgrave but only scoring 9 points in the first quarter on three red zone opportunities changed the dynamic of the game. We could have put them away early but instead their defense gained confidence that they could stop us and we ended up having to play catch up which usually turns out not in our favor. If we would have went up more in the first we could have milked the clock and play our type of ball.

vCash
    Overall I like what Musgrave is doing in trying to build Ponders confidence and get him comfortable. I also like how much he is getting the ball to Percy and Rudolph. Why i dont like is the play calling in the redzone so far. Also i think we could have a lot more success offensively if we started using Harvin as a decoy. Something like a fake hand off to harvin up the middle and a TD pass to Rupolph in the corner of the endzone.

I think its time we open up the play book a little bit more to Ponder though. We need to see what he is capable of and how he fits into our future plans.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    All I care for Musgrave to do at this point is make just a small dent in the direction of showing we want to make a Deep Passing game come out of this Roster.

Her is a thought Isnt AP known to be one of the fastest players in all of sports....why shouldn't we give him 5 seconds to just flat out get open and out sprint his 3 defenders. Even if two guys tried to jam him at the line of scrimmage he would still be as open down the field with probably two secondary members on their *****.

Why isn't the screen our most used play when we have the 2 most dangerous players in the league who just need an inch of space and 15yrds is usually a minimum that one of those two will get. We have failed to make space for our playmakers!!!!!!!

I am a huge Ponder fan but at this point of the season and his career I need to see the 40+ yard passes come more often. The good QBs still make the deep throws with covered WRs with average talent, by placing the ball in a WR catch only location, and knowing the WR's tendencies and skill set to a T.

vCash
    Musgrave is fine. He has been doing a good job at play calling. Thing is, Ponder needs to put the ball in the right spot and the Wr's need to catch it. I have scrached my head at a few calls he has made, but so far I think he has done a good job.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings
    Oct 18 - 3:55 PM

Percy Harvin was on the field for just four of the nine first-quarter red-zone snaps that led to a trio of field goals for the Vikings versus the Redskins in Week 6.

Asked if Harvin's hamstring was a factor, OC Bill Musgrave laid the blame solely on his own shoulders: "No. That was just the way the personnel groups went. That was part of our plan, which we're not proud of ... We're hoping to use him down there both run game and play-action when he's in the backfield. We just want to make those plays work better the next time or call them at the right time."

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ayer-news?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    I know it didn't help that we gave up 38 points and that isn't on Musgrave but only scoring 9 points in the first quarter on three red zone opportunities changed the dynamic of the game. We could have put them away early but instead their defense gained confidence that they could stop us and we ended up having to play catch up which usually turns out not in our favor. If we would have went up more in the first we could have milked the clock and play our type of ball.
    In the Pats-Seahawks game Brady took his team into the redzone 3 straight times, kicked 2 field goals and inexplicably allowed the clock to run out on them before halftime leaving 3 points off the board

**** happens....the amount of times we go down the field and put our team in position to get points has to be in the top 1/3 of the league, we are always threatening....as time goes by and everyone continues to gel we will be getting more td's than field goals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    In the Pats-Seahawks game Brady took his team into the redzone 3 straight times, kicked 2 field goals and inexplicably allowed the clock to run out on them before halftime leaving 3 points off the board

**** happens....the amount of times we go down the field and put our team in position to get points has to be in the top 1/3 of the league, we are always threatening....as time goes by and everyone continues to gel we will be getting more td's than field goals
    Did you just compare the Pats offense to the Vikes offense? Come on dude.. yeah **** happens but our **** happens on a regular basis

vCash
    Where is Jarius Wright?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Purple View Post
    Where is Jarius Wright?
    I should hope somewhere with his head in his playbook...

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Purple View Post
    Where is Jarius Wright?
    He had a threesome with Musgrave's and Frazier's daughters so he will be inactive once again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Did you just compare the Pats offense to the Vikes offense? Come on dude.. yeah **** happens but our **** happens on a regular basis
    I'm not gunna argue with a fair weather fan like yourself Percy, but my point is you are blowing a 3 possession span in the 1st quarter of 1 game totally out of proportion...i wasn't comparing our offense to the Patriots in the least bit dude, my point was that even elite offenses have 3 possession spans where they don't get it in the endzone

It's only week 7 and we've shown strides every single game this year...there's no need to be calling for Musgrave's head just yet....now i do have a problem with Percy not being on the field for a couple of those red zone snaps, that is indeed a problem

I don't mean to come at you here percy, but your thoughts on this team change every week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I'm not gunna argue with a fair weather fan like yourself Percy, but my point is you are blowing a 3 possession span in the 1st quarter of 1 game totally out of proportion...i wasn't comparing our offense to the Patriots in the least bit dude, my point was that even elite offenses have 3 possession spans where they don't get it in the endzone

It's only week 7 and we've shown strides every single game this year...there's no need to be calling for Musgrave's head just yet....now i do have a problem with Percy not being on the field for a couple of those red zone snaps, that is indeed a problem

I don't mean to come at you here percy, but your thoughts on this team change every week
    Lol I'm not even going to respond to someone who calls me a fair-weather fan. You don't even know me. Just because I don't like the OC doesn't mean I'm a fair weather fan at all so get out of here with that ********.

vCash
    How the hell can Musgrave even justify getting a paycheck is my biggest question?
    With a 14 point lead, Ponder can't throw to save his life, why not try to run the ball until someone proves they can stop AP? Or try Harvin but please don't let Gerhart carry ona 3rd and 2 when you REALLY need a first down. This is beyond pathetic. I just hope the defense can close this game out, its the only chance we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan_TC View Post
    How the hell can Musgrave even justify getting a paycheck is my biggest question?
    With a 14 point lead, Ponder can't throw to save his life, why not try to run the ball until someone proves they can stop AP? Or try Harvin but please don't let Gerhart carry ona 3rd and 2 when you REALLY need a first down. This is beyond pathetic. I just hope the defense can close this game out, its the only chance we have.
    What I don't understand is when we need to pass the ball and use all the clock we can get we end up running the ball.. When we should be running the ball and using all the clock we are passing the ball

It makes absolutely no sense. Musgrave is a joke

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast